Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Elementary [CBS - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

Yeah, the fact he said "cellphone" really jumped out at me too. More-so the fact that he said "nick" as well. I'm not a soccer fan in the slightest, but it seemed odd that he'd refer to them as the Arsenal. Are they always called this by people? I thought they were just Arsenal ..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Yeah, the fact he said "cellphone" really jumped out at me too. More-so the fact that he said "nick" as well. I'm not a soccer fan in the slightest, but it seemed odd that he'd refer to them as the Arsenal. Are they always called this by people? I thought they were just Arsenal ..

Perhaps they just went for the easy option to avoid problems with product placement. I expect violent Vinnie wanted to say "me Razr". :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

great episode.
    Jones was better than I expected.
    Was great to see the darker side of Holmes, quite scary..
    Can't wait for the next episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I'm not a soccer fan in the slightest, but it seemed odd that he'd refer to them as the Arsenal. Are they always called this by people? I thought they were just Arsenal ..

Yep, "The Arsenal" is correct terminology. "One nil to the Ars-e-nal" is a fairly popular chant among their fans.

Strange, my wife asked the same question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Yep, "The Arsenal" is correct terminology. "One nil to the Ars-e-nal" is a fairly popular chant among their fans.

Strange, my wife asked the same question.
    but shouldnt holmes have called him a gunners fan;):P:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

don ramo wrote: »
    but shouldnt holmes have called him a gunners fan;):P:P

Or a Gooner possibly.

Nah, Holmes wouldn't talk like that.

I'm surprised he's even into football!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Have to +1 the latest ep. being the best, i knew m was a patsy....and John Hannah has been cast as Sherlocks old drug dealer from the UK. People are hoping he is Moriarty....Hannah would be superb.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Have to +1 the latest ep. being the best, i knew m was a patsy....and John Hannah has been cast as Sherlocks old drug dealer from the UK. People are hoping he is Moriarty....Hannah would be superb.
    John Hannah's cast? Great stuff. Really liked his recent work in "Spartacus" and "Damages". I also think he'd be able to pull off Moriarty perfectly - he can do arrogance well too. Like the possibility that Moriarty was also fuelling Sherlock's drug addiction

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

I'm still kind of hoping that m wasn't a patsy and that he could still be Moriarty. He wasn't that convincing when he was claiming that he was set up (although that could be Jones weak acting). It also wouldn't be the first time in the series that Holmes would have been fooled by a clever maniac.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The better half was out last night so decided to play catch-up..

.. watched episodes 3 - 12, and was hugely entertained throughout.

Jonny Lee Miller is great, and Lucy Liu is... OK (I don't think she'll ever truly impress me).

The M episode was superb though... let's hope they get the casting of Moriarty right.

Catching up with the show and it remains one of the best things on TV. I think the only poor episode was the eye episode but only because I realised who the killer was early on. It just seemed so obvious and I spent the majority of the episode waiting for Holmes to catch up.

Midway through the M episode and its fantastic. Holmes really comes across as completely unhinged and dangerous and its fascinating to watch. It's always good to see an unhinged Holmes and Jones is rather impressive in his brief time on screen thus far. Anyone else notice that in the episode Holmes is wearing one of the rare Greek coins from the vault episode, guess when he couldn't keep the Van Gough he opted on the cuff links.

Anyone else notice that in the episode Holmes is wearing one of the rare Greek coins from the vault episode, guess when he couldn't keep the Van Gough he opted on the cuff links.

Did you spot this yourself?

Did you spot this yourself?

Yeah I noticed it last night when watching it.

Yeah I noticed it last night when watching it.

Hi Sherlock! :D

Don't forget the superbowl episode tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

I assume that's sarcasm?
    20 million viewers after 11pm is a success, rating of 7.8?
    can't see anything wrong with those figures.
    I really enjoyed the episode.

Is the episode a "Superbowl Special" episode, or a proper episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Proper episode. A very good one too.....

• Advertisement

why dont you give your own opinion richard, you forgot to mention it was one of the latest post superbowl broadcasts ever, there was a 35 minute delay due to the power cut, so after watching that god awful sport for near enough 4-5 hours i wouldnt be fit for anything other than a bed also,

its not gonna affect the show moving forward so its not a negative thing, its by far the strongest new show this season, and the ratings have backed it up,

don ramo wrote: »
    why dont you give your own opinion richard, you forgot to mention it was one of the latest post superbowl broadcasts ever, there was a 35 minute delay due to the power cut, so after watching that god awful sport for near enough 4-5 hours i wouldnt be fit for anything other than a bed also,

its not gonna affect the show moving forward so its not a negative thing, its by far the strongest new show this season, and the ratings have backed it up,

Richard would much prefer to copy and paste someone else's opinion than engage in anything close to a heated/informed conversation. That he has taken to copy and pasting paragraphs from release groups when starting new threads (his thread on the Jean Reno staring Jo) says all you need to.

Elementary's ratings for that particular slot are a little underwhelming when compared to shows from previous years but the near 40 minute delay and the fact that many people had been watching the pregame warm up shows since 11 and 12 in the day does make the figures a hell of a lot less disappointing and if all the new shows of last year it's the one which has the best chance of running for years. It's viewing figures are strong and the critics are enjoying the show so expect it go on and on.

Yeah, good episode again, the scene where the prisoner killed the doctors was pretty graphic.

I thought the Kathryn Drummond angle was closed off a bit too quickly - she could have been a 2 or 3 espisode Moriarty Puppet, but to just have her killed off like that seemed a bit strange to me.

I also liked the way Watson seems to be learning and honing her detective skills.

I thought the Kathryn Drummond angle was closed off a bit too quickly - she could have been a 2 or 3 espisode Moriarty Puppet, but to just have her killed off like that seemed a bit strange to me.

they said she survived, she might pop up again closer to the reveal or not long after the reveal of moriarty id say,

Realised that I had a few episodes to get caught up on and with nothing to do today I decided to get a start on them. The conspiracy theory episode with Clyde was fantastic, an intelligent script with a real sense of mystery to it. It really showed just how much better Elementary is when compares to every other procedural on TV from the past decade it do. Holmes really comes across as a deeply flawed but likeable character. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the reason the show is so watchable is the manner in which Holmes's intelligence is never used by him to make others look stupid. Yes, he tells people he is smarter than them but unlike House or Patrick Jane he never comes across as an absolute dick.

In the middle of the Terry Kinney episode and absolutely loving it. The scene where he enters the grocery store and has his picture taken is one of the most brilliantly macabre and down right funny moments I've seen in years. The motivation behind the characters escape and the story built around it is just fantastic. The writers behind Criminal Minds could really do with taking a leaf out of Elementary's book.

The promo for this weeks episode is very....shippy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Watched episode 1 last night and episode 2 this evening. I have to say I really like it. I suppose I don't have the same problem as some who don't want to watch it because they really enjoyed the UK version. I, on the other hand, have never really seen Sherlock Homes, either the movie, series or whatever else has been produced with the name.

It's different but I really like it. Will continue watching and will be up to speed in no time :P Not much to watch at the moment (other than suits on Friday), so I'll be watching this every night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Just after watching episode 15. Really fantastic episode with the introduction of Sherlock's "friend"/dealer. Really made you think, well who is Sherlock. What's behind his ability, or according to the dealer, his inability to solve cases that one would consider unsolvable.

... and yes I know. I'm flying through the series. Really enjoying it. It has turned into a bedtime routine watching an episode every night.

• Advertisement

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    ... and yes I know. I'm flying through the series. Really enjoying it. It has turned into a bedtime routine watching an episode every night.
    well prepare to come to a dead stop tonight, cause 16 was the last episode aired :o:o

Advertisement