Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You're Back in the Room

• 30-03-2015 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭

I don't see a thread on this anywhere but anyone I have spoken to over the last week or two about this show is all about it!

Shown on one of the UTV/ITV channels and also on TV3/3e on a Saturday night.

Philip Schofield presents. Keith Barry hypnotises 5 contestants, the contestants take part in a game show to win a shared pot of money and after each round, what they are hypnotised about is changed. The show is hilarious!

While I would not be a fan of hypnosis personally - I would hate for some one to have control of me and me making a potential fool of myself.

The contestants do know what they are getting themselves into, and they are sceptical of hypnosis and cannot believe when they are hsown clips of it after.

Anyone else watching the show?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Cheers for the heads up, must check it out.

I've been hypnotised once before for a stage show while I was on holiday. It's a weird sensation, but you feel amazing afterwards, as if you've had the greatest sleep of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

what a total pile of absolute ****e this show is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

You lost me at Philip Schofield/ITV.

I also heard someone auditioned for it and they had to pretend to be hypnotised. Below isn't the article that I'm thinking of but it's along the same lines.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2984576/Don-t-hypnotised-fraudulent-nonsense-Therapists-savage-ITV-s-Room.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Blaithik

I believe the Mythbusters did an episode on this. The experts were not able to hypnotise Kari, Grant or Tory into doing something they didn't want to. For example, they relaxed Grant and attempted to hypnotise him to slap Kari when a keyword was spoken. The next day they said that word, and apparently he "Felt an urge" but nothing uncontrollable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Ah lookit!! It's entertainment and gives us as a family a good giggle on a Saturday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Ah lookit!! It's entertainment and gives us as a family a good giggle on a Saturday night!

No. It's nonsense and should be treated as such. There is a world of difference between stuff like this and say, watching a magic show. It's fake, everyone knows its a trick and the magician isn't claiming he's doing real magic. That's entertainment. It's all in good fun and nobody gets hurt.

It stops becoming "only entertainment" when it tries to portray itself as real......like this show. That's fraud. The type of people who peddle hypnosis are very, very close to the types who claim to be able to talk to the dead.....and charge for the privilege. They are scum and they prey on the weak. When I see the likes of Colin Fry on tv I get incredibly angry that they allowed to get away with it.

Advertisement