Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advanced Photoshop course?

• 03-12-2014 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend an advanced Photoshop course based in Dublin ?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 thomasward

I wouldn't pay for a Photoshop course there are so many tutorials available online!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

thomasward wrote: »
    I wouldn't pay for a Photoshop course there are so many tutorials available online!

www.lynda.com is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

What do you want to learn that you consider to be 'advanced'? Photoshop does many many different things.
    Photo retouching, Web Design, 3D, Video retouching etc...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 vonievega

Wouldn't rec lynda. com won't answer your question. type what you want into you tube and you'll Hey your answer. self taught is best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

As well as Lynda/Tuts+, if you're preparing for the ACE CS6/CC Certification exam, then an official Adobe Classroom in-a-book (or similar) is the way to go for advanced.
    Easy to reference (iPad-PDF), these usually are 500-1000 pages though they cover every single eventuality.
    Maybe skip the 'bible' series as usually too basic and can be over 1,200 pages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 porcino

Try it-ebooks.info - search under the title "Photoshop" and see what pops up. You might some useful books but if not nothing lost as they are free to download

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

YouTube is your friend. I learned Flash and Fireworks there

vonievega wrote: »
    Wouldn't rec lynda. com won't answer your question. type what you want into you tube and you'll Hey your answer. self taught is best.

The problem with searching for answers is that you first need to know the question. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

The problem with searching for answers is that you first need to know the question. :D

Thats very like a response David Carradine would have got in Kung-Fu

A lot of people have it right here....Youtube and a wealth of learning tutorials out there....unless that is you want the certification...

:D

My point was that with a structured (and quality controlled) course you can pick up methods, tips and workflows etc. that you might miss when searching for the answer to an immediate problem. I'm a big fan of the University of YouTube, but in many cases it's a quick-fix solution (exactly what vonievega offered above when dismissing Lynda.com), and I don't think that's what the OP was asking for.

• Advertisement

BTW, I was just last week offered a 40% renewal discount and just took one month for $15. That's about as close to free as you'll get for content of that standard.

Advertisement