Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

windows 7.5-7.8 upgrades when?

• 11-12-2012 7:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Any idea when our 7.5 handsets will get the new 7.8 upgrades? Im using a htc titan on vodafone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

snaps wrote: »
    Any idea when our 7.5 handsets will get the new 7.8 upgrades? Im using a htc titan on vodafone.

Q1 2013 apparently. Nothing more concrete than that announced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

check XDA...i've got 7.8 on my HD7 day ago ! :)

rolion wrote: »

Can you be a bit more vague? You're giving too much away. /sarcasm :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

rolion wrote: »

Problem with the customer ROM's and specifically in relation to the Titan is that you need the GoldCard and Y cable to flash it to the ROM's. More painful and riskier than the other phones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

I did the usb cable overnight,in half a hour !
    got a HD7 half bricked from adverts.
    tried to flash the latest ROM from XDa,failed !
    got my usb cables,cut and managed to get it up & running !
    spent around €70 on card readers and SD cards only to make the phone to see / to boot of the card !
    at the end,it was a personal matter to finish it !!!
    2 nights till 3:30 am !!!
    well worth it when in the end,i saw "Flash Completed" !!! :)

yes,you are right,risky...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I think ill wait until i get it via Zune.:eek:

snaps wrote: »
    I think ill wait until i get it via Zune.:eek:

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

The official firmware for the Nokia Lumia 800 is available to download form Nokia now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭PaulieC

AntiVirus wrote: »
    The official firmware for the Nokia Lumia 800 is available to download form Nokia now

is it possible for mere mortals to download it ? A quick peruse of nokia.com tells me no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

is it possible for mere mortals to download it ? A quick peruse of nokia.com tells me no

Very easy, download the Nokia Firmware downloader program (NaviFirmEx) also download Nokia Care Suite to install the downloaded firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭PaulieC

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Very easy, download the Nokia Firmware downloader program (NaviFirmEx) also download Nokia Care Suite to install the downloaded firmware.

Looks like a job for one of the days over Christmas...

Advertisement