Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How many Ferraris are there in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

h.bolla wrote: »
    There usually always seems to be 2 or 3 for sale on donedeal at any given time. I mean there are 6 on it right now. Id say that kinda suggests that theres a fair few floating about.

Uusally ~10 at any given time on Carzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭dodzy

Seen a 132-D-xxxxx in the "Just valeted" section of Short Term CP at Terminal 2 in Dublin Airport - 2 weeks ago. A beautiful metallic Grey. Bloody orgasmic. Couldn't stop to snap it:(

dodzy wrote: »
    Seen a 132-D-xxxxx in the "Just valeted" section of Short Term CP at Terminal 2 in Dublin Airport - 2 weeks ago. A beautiful metallic Grey. Bloody orgasmic. Couldn't stop to snap it:(

Was it a California?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

There's a 430 up in Foxrock. I think it's a 430 anyway. I know the guy who owns it - he has his own company in Sandyford.

There's also another Ferrari in one of the houses in Chapelizod. You can see it from the top deck on the bus!

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Was it a California?
    I think so C.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

There was a Ferrari 60th anniversary event in Dublin a good few years ago. All Irish or NI cars and there was 70+ cars in attendance. I'm sure there were lots of owners who didn't attend too.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭h.bolla

Just out of curiosity, Im looking on donedeal at 2002 456 and its got a 5.4 litre petrol engine... what kinda money would you be talking for tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭discodavie

Just out of curiosity, Im looking on donedeal at 2002 456 and its got a 5.4 litre petrol engine... what kinda money would you be talking for tax?

€1811

discodavie wrote: »
    €1811

That is crazy.... €2,000 a year on tax.... surely they would see a car like that is not something that is on the road all that often and offer reduced rates. Id be far more concerned about some of the 10-15 year old rust bucket vans you see bombing about with smoke trails behind them then some lad with a ferrari (or other luxury car of choice) that is more than likely only clocking up 5-6K km a year.

Did you just find out about the Irish motor tax system today?

Bless your innocence....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

That is crazy.... €2,000 a year on tax.... surely they would see a car like that is not something that is on the road all that often and offer reduced rates. Id be far more concerned about some of the 10-15 year old rust bucket vans you see bombing about with smoke trails behind them then some lad with a ferrari (or other luxury car of choice) that is more than likely only clocking up 5-6K km a year.

If you can afford to buy, fuel, insure and maintain a Ferrari, the tax probably isn't going to be a problem for you.

you need to got to the MOTORS/rant section.

Did you just find out about the Irish motor tax system today?

Bless your innocence....

No. Im not a car enthusiast so never would have had much reason to go looking to see what tax would be like on a 5 litre petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Retroventures near Adare used to have one to hire, see it's no longer listed in their fleet.

No. Im not a car enthusiast so never would have had much reason to go looking to see what tax would be like on a 5 litre petrol.

Well here's the crunch. Anything over 3ltr is taxed at that because gobshítes here believe that even a 2ltr is a HUGE engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭ofcork

I might be wrong but im nearly sure that those 2 are part of the "Ferrari driving experience".

When I did it I got to drive the yellow one and he offered me the choice of the Quays or the M50. Errrm no brainer.

Man could that car move..all I remember was a couple of lads giving it loads in a Subaru impreza. Ha ate it up for lunch

Was that the yellow 348 someone overturned on the M50?

After posting realised that has a uk plate!

Well here's the crunch. Anything over 3ltr is taxed at that because gobshítes here believe that even a 2ltr is a HUGE engine.

Hmmm... I dont really know much about the situation. But I thought it was the greens just wanted to stop mothers buying Navaras to go shopping in and I think it was just laziness on the greens part and said big engine = big tax without giving much consideration to the guy who has a nice luxury car that he only drives a handful of times every year. Is this about right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

Here's one replica that might do
    Dino by JH classics ,with real ones north of 200 k sterling it might make sense.

http://www.jhclassics.com
    chris-paddon-car-show-1-w422.jpg

dgt-306gts-blue-jan-31-2012-258-w600h450.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Bigus wrote: »
    Here's one replica that might do
    Dino by JH classics ,with real ones north of 200 k sterling it might make sense.

http://www.jhclassics.com

dgt-306gts-blue-jan-31-2012-258-w600h450.jpg

The champagne glasses sitting in the cup holders is a wonderfully decadent seventies touch. :D

Saw a 308gts in Foxrock about an hour ago.

• Advertisement

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Uusally ~10 at any given time on Carzone.

Currently 13 on Carzone. There are 69,224 vehicles in total on Carzone.

I believe there are approximately 2 million vehicles registered for tax in the country, so if we extrapolate from the carzone figures this would imply 375 Ferraris. Doubt if its that high myself but could easily be around 200 of them I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭generalmental

ofcork wrote: »
    Was that the yellow 348 someone overturned on the M50?

After posting realised that has a uk plate!

Yeah that's the one. Not ashamed to admit it but I spun the thing out as well on the cherrywood exit onto the M50 as it started to rain.
    Its weird driving it. Goes against everything you know bout driving. Like taking a corner at full revs in 2nd, just doesn't feel right.
    But definitely a good experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I know of two that live in Clontarf, I happened to see one of them getting delivered recently in a covered trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

a friend has a Mondial in his garage been off road for year though.
    there is a silver 250 california driven by someone as their daily driver in D2 and often outside the Merrion hotel, I used to see a red 599 regularly when I lived in castleknock, there is a 360 spider around too which recently had a big Italian flag on the bonnet for the world cup - so there are plenty about

RobAMerc wrote: »
    a friend has a Mondial in his garage been off road for year though.

What colour is it? I remember Woodbine Motors that used to be opposite Belfield had a red Mondial in stock years ago, was 1990 reg I think. Also was a convertible Mondial on Carzone a while back.

Dermot Wallace have a 1989 412i in stock at the moment, is Irish owned car from new. Remember seeing it on the road in the early 90s and thought I was imagining things. The first owner was a wealthy businessman and Ferrari afficionado who subsequently had a 456 and I think has a 599 currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Roland.B.

I Have Been Reading The Responses, I Know There are More than 5 and 10 but thats all i have seen . Most Of The Ferraris Are In Sheds And NEVER get used . So say there are around 200 Ferrari's Only about 70-80 Get Used ...

Saw a black 599 sitting in a warehouse in Sandyford this morning :cool:

Haha Didnt know theres that many

• Advertisement

well 1 in 40 irish people are millionares So They can afford supercars :)

Advertisement