Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How many Ferraris are there in Ireland?

• 15-07-2014 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

just curious as i seen like 5 in ireland In Total

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

add one more to that number
    my neighbour has one (its old though) still looks A1 though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

I know of a 412 in north dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'm gonna pull a figure of 120 out of the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

You would be surprised how many are in sheds around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Roland.B.

I Know of a 458 a 360 a 612 a 430 seen one today and theres 5 more but i dont know names so not many

• Advertisement

theres lots of them but i never see them

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Theanswers

I'd say there a few in the North all right.

Seen a couple about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

I met an 01 Ferrari 360 on the m50 last week. I checked it on cartell to see was it a replica

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭vandriver

There's a 599 in D6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

I've seen
    330 GTS
    246 Dino
    308 Dino
    308 GTB
    512 BB
    Mondial
    Testarossa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭discodavie

Cafco have three for sale right now.

2 red 430's a spider and coupe. (Both red)

And a black 430 too so there's 3 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

I see a new 458 every day parked outside work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bop1977

There are two in North Kildare. One is a 550, the other is a 355 spyder.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There'll be +1 when I get my lottery numbers up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I'd wager there's more Ferraris up the North than there are in the South.

Certainly more than 5 in the South, probably 50+ in some form or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There used to be a stat that NI had more Porsche per head of population than Germany.

Not sure how true that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ianofitz

ION08 wrote: »

That 458 lives up near me. He's often at the Cherrywood C&C

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ianofitz

ION08 wrote: »

That 458 lives up near me. He's often at the Cherrywood C&C

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

I'd say still at least 30 Ferrari 360 , 5 -10 F458s ,10 f430(a lot re exported) 10-20 f355s, 10 -f308s, 10 f348s < 5 mondials, a couple of 412s , definitely at least one 599, one or two blue 456,5 California's plus maybe 20 vintage exotic ones inc testa rosa ,275gt,512 BB.

Lots of these never see light of day. So I'd say Colm's figure of 120 is in the ball park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Every time I've been to London I've seen at least one along with a myriad of other supercars, yet I've seen no more than a handful in my entire life in Dublin. What's the deal, are we really poor or do we just not like cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Every time I've been to London I've seen at least one along with a myriad of other supercars, yet I've seen no more than a handful in my entire life in Dublin. What's the deal, are we really poor or do we just not like cars?

Probably a combination of factors.
    Dublin doesn't have great roads and a lot of people wouldn't see the point in having a super car to drive around the city.
    Fuel prices are extortionate.
    Motor tax is extortionate.
    Insurance is extortionate.
    Compared to London or even other places in Ireland, we don't seem to have a high number of garages in our houses to store the cars. And I'm sure most people don't fancy parking a Ferrari in their front garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Probably a combination of factors.
    Dublin doesn't have great roads and a lot of people wouldn't see the point in having a super car to drive around the city.
    Fuel prices are extortionate.
    Motor tax is extortionate.
    Insurance is extortionate.
    Compared to London or even other places in Ireland, we don't seem to have a high number of garages in our houses to store the cars. And I'm sure most people don't fancy parking a Ferrari in their front garden.

All good points.

Actually regarding your first one - I was working in the Dublin Docklands a couple of years ago and there was this lime green Lamborghini Diablo that would be buzzing around the place on a regular basis. It was always filthy dirty and he appeared to be using it as a daily driver. The roads down there are terrible, but he'd be horsing around like he just didn't care.

Always brought a smile to my face though, because I hate the thoughts of cars like that sitting in garages under tarps and getting wheeled out once a month. They're meant to be driven!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

There are plenty of people around (still) with the money for a Ferrari. However, you normally don't get to be the kind of person with the cash for a Ferrari unless you're good at making financial decisions and a Ferrari in Ireland is a dreadful decision (financially). Put it this way, for the price of a new Ferrari in Ireland with VRT etc you could buy one in Italy / France / Germany and buy a holiday home over there to keep it in :)

vandriver wrote: »
    There's a 599 in D6

Went car spotting yesterday and i seen it the front bumper was Wrecked

I met an 01 Ferrari 360 on the m50 last week. I checked it on cartell to see was it a replica

any pics ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

There are plenty of people around (still) with the money for a Ferrari. However, you normally don't get to be the kind of person with the cash for a Ferrari unless you're good at making financial decisions and a Ferrari in Ireland is a dreadful decision (financially). Put it this way, for the price of a new Ferrari in Ireland with VRT etc you could buy one in Italy / France / Germany and buy a holiday home over there to keep it in :)

This is it.
    If you're wealthy enough to afford a Ferrari, you ain't gonna register it at your Irish address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Who would service a Ferrari in Ireland? Would it have to go up north? I have seen one Ferrari in Cork on a trailer!

bladebrew wrote: »
    Who would service a Ferrari in Ireland? Would it have to go up north? I have seen one Ferrari in Cork on a trailer!

Charlie hurts is the only place to get a ferrari stamp on one, still collection from kildare, service , wash return @ €1600 is not bad on a 360
    ;););)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

In a nutshell: VRT.

Plenty of folks who can afford them; plenty of good roads to drive them on; no problem with fuel cost...

Advertisement