Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cross Platform Games (PC & PS3)

Options
  • 23-06-2012 7:07pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if there are any cross-platform titles out there where a person on a PS3 can play co-op/multiplayer/etc with a person on a PC, and/or vice versa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

co-op play through Steam of Portal 2 can be played on both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Portal 2 i believe has it

and an mmo i think

not too many tbh

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Thanks folks. Any shooters or RTS?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Theres one Xbox/PC game but it was turned off as PC players had too much of advantage with mouse KB.

Fcuked if i remember the name of it, it had bow and arrows in it.

Shadow something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Fcuked if i remember the name of it, it had bow and arrows in it.

Shadow something

The 2007 version of Shadowrun.

Dust 514 will allow cross-platform play to some degree. Not sure if it's asymmetrical multiplayer only, as it's supposed to work with Eve Online - which is a space-opera MMO. Not sure whether Dust, itself, will also be available to PC players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

generally PC players have the advantage on shooters so its not really feasible to have console players play against them

Advertisement