Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash Cards

• 11-11-2009 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Well are they any good?
    Could someone plz post the information that i need on the cards, i could print them
    if someone has them lying around plz
    plz
    i would make them myself, i even tried but they come out useless, i end up writing half the book down
    plz if someone could post them
    plz
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 el123456

For flash cards, just use bullet points and key words.Use key words that will trigger off the rest of the info for you! Keep sentences short ( 2-3-4 words and no more!) Read the point in your book a few times, then look away and shorten it into your own words. Remember, you will remember your words way better that those from the book! After learning a topic, it can be best to jot down everything you know about it, then compare this with the book and the info. you nees to know. Anything you don't know then should be put clearly / highlighted on flashcards for a last minute glance!:) Whatever you do, don't panic- Flashcards are not for everyone, some people prefer to keep writing it out in essay form to learn, make rhymes, or just shout it out loud! Whatever works for you! Just remember your flash cards will probably be the last thing you look at before an exam so keep them short, sweet and to the point!:p:):rolleyes:
    I used flashcards and found them extremely useful both for my junior cert and leaving cert. I finished my leaving cert in June and got 525 points and am currently enjoying a gap year. I am very up to date with the junior cert ( maths, english, french, business, home ec, geography, history etc.) because i am helping my siblings. If you need further help just let me know. I have loads of notes on how to study, revise, and timetabling. I am also giving grinds in some subjects for student friendly rates!!! However i live in Tipperary!!! I will be more than willing to answer any questions you may have!:)

Best of luck and remember exams are important but not as important as you!!!:):):):rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

For the important info

Highlight the most important info on the flash cards or mark N.B beside it, so that if you only have say 2 minutes to glance at it, you'll automatically see the most important info- hope this helps!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

el123456 wrote: »
    For flash cards, just use bullet points and key words.Use key words that will trigger off the rest of the info for you! Keep sentences short ( 2-3-4 words and no more!) Read the point in your book a few times, then look away and shorten it into your own words. Remember, you will remember your words way better that those from the book! After learning a topic, it can be best to jot down everything you know about it, then compare this with the book and the info. you nees to know. Anything you don't know then should be put clearly / highlighted on flashcards for a last minute glance!:) Whatever you do, don't panic- Flashcards are not for everyone, some people prefer to keep writing it out in essay form to learn, make rhymes, or just shout it out loud! Whatever works for you! Just remember your flash cards will probably be the last thing you look at before an exam so keep them short, sweet and to the point!:p:):rolleyes:
    I used flashcards and found them extremely useful both for my junior cert and leaving cert. I finished my leaving cert in June and got 525 points and am currently enjoying a gap year. I am very up to date with the junior cert ( maths, english, french, business, home ec, geography, history etc.) because i am helping my siblings. If you need further help just let me know. I have loads of notes on how to study, revise, and timetabling. I am also giving grinds in some subjects for student friendly rates!!! However i live in Tipperary!!! I will be more than willing to answer any questions you may have!:)

Best of luck and remember exams are important but not as important as you!!!:):):):rolleyes:

Sounds like something my SPHE teacher would say! :pac:

well maybe your SPHE teacher is worth listening to then!!!:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

Maybe! :p

Advertisement