Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Modern Family [** SPOILERS **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I've had a crush on Julie Bowen (Claire) since 'Ed'... so I've to go with her!

But I could be the meat in a Gloria Claire sandwich! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Gloria ftw.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I don't think you need to be married to appreciate the joke either

True. But I have to say, since getting married, comedies about married couples tend to be a lot funnier to me. For instance, I couldn't stand the King of Queens and Everybody loves Raymond before I was married, but now, I find them hilarious.
    lord lucan wrote: »
    Gloria ftw.:):)

Yeah, would have to agree, some people say her accent is annoying but it's like velvet to my ears personally... and she's not exactly lacking in any other areas either :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

No new episode of this this week???
    What gives??
    Missing my weekly dose of this and cougar town!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

basquille wrote: »
    I've had a crush on Julie Bowen (Claire) since 'Ed'... so I've to go with her!

But I could be the meat in a Gloria Claire sandwich! :D

Claire was in a bra and pants in the latest episode.

Mmmmmmm......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

youngblood wrote: »
    No new episode of this this week???
    What gives??
    Missing my weekly dose of this and cougar town!!

US network tv. Isn't it great?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Doctor Zaius

Bloody annoying, I was all excited this morning:mad:

and Claire in the bra and pants was great.

and I'm still laughing at the snowflake button scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

S01E15 My Funky Valentine

This show just keeps knocking them out of the park ! This episode was, for me, one of the if not the, best so far this series, specifically Claire & Phil.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Yep, they have had consistently funny episodes for ages now... Phil just gets funnier every week, his idea of "sexy" role playing accents when they were planning the hotel outing was hilarious :).

But even the most minor of characters with just one line can be great too: Dylan's "All women should look as tasty as you when they’re old" to Claire was very funny :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Great episode again. Phil and Claire were great. I knew going to a comedian was going to blow up in Jay's face. That part with the escalator was brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Excellent episode again this week and its holding strong in ratings, despite being up against American Idol... If it keeps up these ratings in season 2, I'm sure a 3rd season will most definitely be on the cards... It'd be nice to see this series last a few years anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

one of the great things about this show is the cast they work so well together i couldnt imagine anyone else in the roles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Latest episode was brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Phil Dunphy
    Legend !

"Everybody wants a slice"
    "I know the pain is fresh, but the lie is really old."

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

TarfHead wrote: »
    Phil Dunphy
    Legend !

Have to agree, Phil is a hero.

The "Shout" gag in the latest episode had me in stitches, as did Luke's reactions to Denise! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Phil is one of the best characters on television at the moment... I loved how he stated exactly how many Facebook friends he had as if it made him really cool being connected to so many people...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

TarfHead wrote: »
    Phil Dunphy
    Legend !

What about:

Luke: "You had a girlfriend before mom?"
    Phil: "Try two. Trust me, I had plenty of fun in my time. Then I met your mom." ? :D

Phil always has the funniest lines... Though I thought the ex chasing him around the kitchen was a bit much, too "sitcom-my" for this show... though it still was very funny.

Oh and... "Flyza Minelli/Zsa Zsa Gaboa" :D - how did Jay not realize Mitchell was gay before he actually told him? :eek:

I'm an Apple nut, but could have done without Apple shoving the iPad down our throat in the latest episode.

Probably the weakest of the season, but still quite good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭dubmick

Cam "It's go time"

Brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

basquille wrote: »
    I'm an Apple nut, but could have done without Apple shoving the iPad down our throat in the latest episode.

Probably the weakest of the season, but still quite good!

i kinda liked it, building on the whole phil being a nerd thing they got going on. It was great seeing him moping around with no expectations....and thinking the party at the batting cages was for him :D

But not one of the strongest episodes

There was no Fizbo The Clown though! :(

fizbo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

Anyone know when Sky are showing a new episode? There have been 5 new episodes shown in the US since Sky showed their last episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It returns to Sky 1 with a double bill on the 29th of April 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

And I feckin' missed it! Does anyone know if it is repeated over the weekend or early next week?

LadyW wrote: »
    And I feckin' missed it! Does anyone know if it is repeated over the weekend or early next week?
    Tonight on Sky2 at 8pm:
    Sky2 8:00pm Fri 30 Apr
    Season 1 Episode 16 of 22

Fears
    Phil and Luke spend quality father-son time together searching for hidden treasures beneath the house, Mitch and Cam cause embarrassment by inviting Lily's paediatrician to lunch, and Hayley takes her driving test

Sky2 8:30pm Fri 30 Apr
    Season 1 Episode 17 of 22

Truth Be Told
    Phil finds himself in an awkward situation when he meets up with his high-school girlfriend, who confesses she still has feelings for him, while Mitchell stands up to his boss and Jay summons up the courage to confess he killed Manny's turtle

Thanks basquille but I don't have Sky2 - do you reckon there's any chance of a repeat on Sky One?

LadyW wrote: »
    Thanks basquille but I don't have Sky2 - do you reckon there's any chance of a repeat on Sky One?
    Sky are showing the second episode.. but not the first on Sunday at 5pm.

Bit odd!
    Sky1 5:00pm Sun 2 May
    Season 1 Episode 17 of 22

Truth Be Told
    Phil finds himself in an awkward situation when he meets up with his high-school girlfriend, who confesses she still has feelings for him, while Mitchell stands up to his boss and Jay summons up the courage to confess he killed Manny's turtle

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Both episodes are repeated Sunday May 2nd at 17:00 and 17:30.

Edit: according to their own TV listings they're showing the two back to back basq.

• Advertisement

Yes, very odd ! Will watch it anyway, thanks again basquille.

Advertisement