Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

I don't care. Buying a ticket I've a contract with ryanair and I demand my luggage to be treated appropriately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

joujoujou wrote: »
    I don't care. Buying a ticket I've a contract with ryanair and I demand my luggage to be treated appropriately.

Of course you do which is why Ryanair released the following statement in relation to the video.
    Ryanair wrote:
    “The handling of these bags by our handling agents in Bergamo is clearly in breach of Ryanair bag handling guidelines and will not be tolerated.
    “Ryanair has instructed the Bergamo Airport authority that we want these two individuals removed from handling Ryanair flights and we have received assurances that this cavalier treatment of our customers’ bags will not be repeated.”

http://www.joe.ie/news/current-affairs/video-these-baggage-handlers-on-a-ryanair-flight-in-bergamo-didnt-exactly-take-a-handle-with-care-approach/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭joeysoap

good for Ryanair. I have had my bag taken off me in Belfast (EJ), in the queue for boarding. Was allowed/advised to take out valuables etc before they took the bag off me. I did not get taking the bag to the aircraft, it was taken from me. In June at Brussels airport, Aer Lingus handling agents were asking for volunteers for bags, this was at the actual boarding gate. I volunteered as it was no problem, however the bag was the absolute last one out at Dublin airport.

Still possible for someone to leave a breakable item in the bag, if not a laptop/phone. (though that is possible too)

Lets have a think on this one. B737 has 189 seats. Up to now overhead lockers jam packed but most flights still managed OK. So now only the first 90 guaranteed, when they could easily go to 150. (if you have ever been on a flight when even a few seats were empty it was almost always no problem with hand luggage, the problem arose when all 189 seats were sold) This is the Ryanair we recognise back again, doing what it does best.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,968 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The problem is the insistence of passengers to put everything into the overhead lockers even if the item can comfortably fit under the seat in front of them. There is only space for 90 bags that match the dimensions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Keep expecting Sid James to Chase Barbara Windsor around the plane.

That's what I was thinking too 😀😀

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The problem is the insistence of passengers to put everything into the overhead lockers even if the item can comfortably fit under the seat in front of them. There is only space for 90 bags that match the dimensions

Where do they put their feet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

syklops wrote: »

On the ground in front of them, maintaining an upright posture.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

On the floor???
    There is a space under the seat in front where a fairly large bag will fit

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

At 5'6" with short legs I have no problem stashing my backpack at my feet without discomfort on short flights :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

At 5'6" with short legs I have no problem stashing my backpack at my feet without discomfort on short flights :pac:

At 6'4 with size 12 feet, I do.
    There is a space under the seat in front where a fairly large bag will fit

Fairly large bag? Not any flight I have been on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭poppers

Ryanair site wont let me check in. flight off at 06:20.

i have paid for at seat and printed off the email to show i was on the site during the time allowed to check in.
    Anyone know if I will be stung for €70 in the morning or will they let me check in FOC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

no error, i input my passport details then next page wont let me check in or click on needs documents box

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's no longer 70 EUR, but 15.

But without more information about the cause of the issue, it's hard to tell what's going to happen.

its €70 to check in, €15 is if you just need your boarding pass reprinted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

have you tried from another computer?

seems to be an issue with Google chrome checked in using IE!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

poppers wrote: »
    seems to be an issue with Google chrome checked in using IE!!!!

That's interesting, I had a problem during the week with my own site, turned out to be because Chrome had auto-updated and the new version was flagging an error that was OK previously. That also worked when I tried it in IE.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭smilgy

I tried searching this thread but couldn't find a similar situation with an answer. My flight was delayed for over 7 hours last week. Am I still potentially entitled to some sort of compensation (other than the food vouchers) provided I took the flight in the end and RyanAir is at fault ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

smilgy wrote: »
    I tried searching this thread but couldn't find a similar situation with an answer. My flight was delayed for over 7 hours last week. Am I still potentially entitled to some sort of compensation (other than the food vouchers) provided I took the flight in the end and RyanAir is at fault ?
    Take a look here, you may be able to claim some compensation for a delayed landing.
    http://www.aviationreg.ie/Air_Passenger_Rights/Default.83.html
    http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/index_en.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Arrived for a 6:45 flight only to be told by security when trying to scan my boarding pass flight delayed until 13:10
    Went to ryanair desk told nothing we can do technical problem
    Then just now get a text from ryanair saying I can claim 5 euro credit in Burger King
    Yet I looked up my entitlements and it says over 5 euros entitled up to 400 euro compensation and a transfer to my hotel
    Now I'm not looking 400 euro just a decent dinner and a taxi to my hotel (10 miles from airport)
    Are they trying to fob us of with a fiver at Burger King or is this all I'll get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

You can claim back those costs but they don't have to provide the services to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

The EC Regulation states that for delay you are entitled to refreshment appropriate to the length of the delay. Hotel accommodation is only provided if the delay results in an overnight stay.

Further compensation for a delay of greater than 3hrs comes about due to a European Court of Justice case which found that compensation was due (on the basis of equal treatment with those who found their flight cancelled at short notice)

See here: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/air_travel/compensation_for_overbooked_and_delayed_flights.html#l7c71f

Note that delays due to exceptional circumstances may excuse the company from compensating you.

I suggest you eat a decent meal, keep the receipts and make a claim to Ryanair when you retune home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Cheers folks not looking to rip the dick but seven hours due to a technical issue is a joke and a Burger King doesn't appeal to me
    Only going for a three day break now lost a day in dublin airport

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

According to Ryanair results today, they are now behind easyJet and IAG (BA) in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,968 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

behind in what?

Passenger numbers I would imagine

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

fr336 wrote: »
    Passenger numbers I would imagine

You imagine? Do you have a link for the info?

• Advertisement

fr336 wrote: »

It appears to be capacity in seat numbers. Also your wording of 'now behind' implies they were in front at one stage in the UK which I don't think was ever the case.

Advertisement