Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

chlorine in tap water

• 05-03-2013 12:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭

has anybody else noticed the intense smell of chlorine in the drinking water around Cavan?

What are the EU guidelines on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭celt262

johnmck wrote: »
    has anybody else noticed the intense smell of chlorine in the drinking water around Cavan?

What are the EU guidelines on this?

I didn't notice it lately but about two/three years i stopped drinking for the same reason that you mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭grumbleweed

What end of the county are you in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭johnmck

just outside cavan town
    are they going to expect people to pay for water that they are contaminating with chemicals?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭grumbleweed

Unfortunately yes ..... also a matter that gets little coverage is that they are imposing a levy for people who have gone to the expense of having a well dug and people like me on GWS

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭johnmck

ignore any bills , send them back with not at this address, if your not on the system - "computer says no" etc. mass protest is the only answer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 volku

I have my rainwater harvested since August 2014.
    We use mineral water Tipperary for drinking, cooking, etc.
    Rainwater is used for washing, washing machines and toilets.
    It is filtered with 5 micron filter plus UV lamp.
    You cannot imagine how soft and nice in touch it is.
    Unexpectly last January 2015 was pretty dry and my tank 3000litres lasts only 2 weeks with no rain. We were backed to mains water (like in swimming-pools)
    my and my wife's skin got dry, my little son (4 y.o.) got spots on his face etc.
    Same effects as many other people's faces. and you are told it is psioriasis,, eczema or some genetic sh*t. It is not
    Google "chlorinated water and health" or "fluorinated water and health"
    Do not ever drink tap water!!!
    to save my rainwater I use the mains water for flushing the toilets and washing my car ONLY.
    MAINS WATER IS A CHEMICALLY POISONED.
    and now we are also asked to pay for it...

If there is any interest I will add links to many articles also from WHO (World Health Organisation, WHO confirms the chlorined and fluorined water is responsible for many phetael and infants and adults defects and disabilities, but also insists it is best water saanitisation way on the other hand ?!!!! ) and other research organisations which oppose the chemically contaminated water.

Advertisement