Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italian restaurant in Cavan Town

• 26-02-2013 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

Hi, I will be passing through Cavan Town tomorrow night on my way back from Enniskillen and was wondering about an Italian restaurant. I have eaten in Little Sicily and liked it. Is it still open or is there a better alternative.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

holyhead wrote: »
    Hi, I will be passing through Cavan Town tomorrow night on my way back from Enniskillen and was wondering about an Italian restaurant. I have eaten in Little Sicily and liked it. Is it still open or is there a better alternative.

Jaysus don't stop there, the crows are falling out of the trees with the hunger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

I take it your telling me the portions are small :P. Where serves nice food in Cavan town after 6 pm then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

holyhead wrote: »
    I take it your telling me the portions are small :P. Where serves nice food in Cavan town after 6 pm then?

They eat their dinner out of a drawer, so if someone calls they can close it. You would be best to pick up a couple of sambos, and try and get to nearer the capital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Aagh I see. Well cheers for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I know it's a bit out of Cavan town, but I've always loved the Olde Post Inn in Cloverhill.

Must say I always found Little Sicily fine as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Jaysus don't stop there, the crows are falling out of the trees with the hunger.
    They eat their dinner out of a drawer, so if someone calls they can close it. You would be best to pick up a couple of sambos, and try and get to nearer the capital.

Fantastic input there Busted Flat!!,You would do the tourism industry wonders in this area!!! Even a sambo In Dublin costs an arm and a leg compared to a decent Dinner in the county Of Cavan!

My advice is without heading into cavan town is the Seven Horse shoes in Belturbet,The harbour Bar also in Belturbet or if your not very Hungry and heading that way,Lisgray House in Virginia, All do great food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

the oak rooms in cavan town great grub also the big apple in donohoes pub in cavan town great food.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Very clever. Try something more original next time you troll. Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

My picks for eating in Cavan

Side Door
    Oak Rooms
    Olde Post Inn (Not in Cavan town, not strictly on the way from Enniskillen to Cavan, but there is diversions in place that will bring you close to it. Well worth it. Best restaurant in Ulster. No holds barred.)
    Black Horse/Big Apple
    Ko's (Its a chinese, its nice, but as far as I'm concerned, a chinese is a chinese is a chinese)

Advertisement