Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beyond: Two Souls

Options
  • 06-06-2012 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭

From the creators of Heavy Rain, here is Beyond: Two Souls starring Ellen Page. This was debuted at E3 but here is a 20 minute gameplay vid.

Looks just like Heavy Rain 2 with the same controls system and ...the amount of rain in it. I loved Heavy Rain, I know it had flaws but it really was a great game imo. David Cage recently said he hates everything about Heavy Rain which I thought was a bit harsh but might mean he has made some great improvements for Beyond. Anyone else looking forward to this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

It looks unbelievable visually. Hopefully Cage has improved his writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I can't wait for this. I loved Heavy Rain as well, despite it's problems. It's one of my all time favourites, simply because it tried something new, which can be rare for big budget games these days. I'm really lookking forward to see how this one turns out.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I loved Heavy Rain - just wish they released it in the cinema.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You're your own worse critic but there was an awful lot wrong with Heavy Rain so it's no wonder he wasn't happy with it. I hope he has learned from his mistakes and gotten some creative writing lessons. Either way I'll probably still enjoy it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Like the others, I liked Heavy Rain too - despite its flaws. Was a unique gaming experience.
    Just watched a minute of that vid(don't want to know too much before its release) and I like what I saw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Was mad at the end where you are able to
    take over members of the swat team. Didn't expect you to actually kill the other swat members, let alone kill yourself.
    Makes me much more interested in what Ellen Page has actually done to make the cops want her and if she is aware of that power she has.

I had to watch with no sound so the above might already have been explained in that vid.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Worryingly it reminds me of the end of Fahrenheit when the game went insane and quite frankly got shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

F1ngers wrote: »
    Like the others, I liked Heavy Rain too - despite its flaws. Was a unique gaming experience.
    Just watched a minute of that vid(don't want to know too much before its release) and I like what I saw.

A change is as good as a rest, they did something that stood out and hopefully they'll continue to improve on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I really liked Heavy Rain so I'm excited about this new offering.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Advertisement