Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what was your favorite ever soap storyline?

• 15-08-2010 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

what was your favorite ever soap storyline?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Quite enjoying the current storyline in Fair City, about Bob being homeless and I think I'd rank that top of my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cooltown

I loved ''who killed archie in eastenders''.
    Richard Hillman was really good too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

"Free the weatherfield one" Deirdre and her time in prison Coronation Street.

Who shot Phil Mitchell. Gripping storyline with no prior clues as to who did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cooltown

Epicurus wrote: »
    Who shot Phil Mitchell. Gripping storyline with no prior clues as to who did it.
    Oh I remember that I think I was 7. Wasn't it Lisa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 music.babe75

The billy meehan storyline in Fair City.....Carol being the battered wife, Tracy as the prositute, Billy as the Thug and then him getting killed in the flat by Carol's son.....Fair City has never been the same since!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,102 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Beth and Margaret in Brookside.

Some good choices in there - I think Brookside had a couple of great ones over the years:

-Trevor Jordache being buried under the patio
    -The bomb going off in the club
    -The hostage situation for the 20th anniversary celebrations
    -Anthony killing Imelda

The show really should never have been cancelled - it was the best of the lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Trevor Jordache, domestic violence, building up to being buried under the patio.
    Jimmy Corkhill bipolar/depression - Brookside
    Grant/Phil/Sharon reveal in the Queen Vic
    Sonia giving birth - Eastenders
    Angie/Dirty Den divorce papers - Christmas - Eastenders
    Arthur Fowlers Breakdown - Eastenders
    Chryed :o - Eastenders
    Tiffany's death - Eastenders
    Bradley dying - live episode :(:( - Eastenders
    Kat & Zoe reveal - Eastenders
    Mark Fowler HIV storyline - Eastenders
    Little Mo's domestic abuse - Eastenders
    Stacey & Max reveal - Eastenders
    Stacey's bipolar - Eastenders
    Who Killed Archie :eek: - Eastenders

I am a bit of an EE fan :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Some good choices in there - I think Brookside had a couple of great ones over the years:

-Trevor Jordache being buried under the patio
    -The bomb going off in the club
    -The hostage situation for the 20th anniversary celebrations
    -Anthony killing Imelda

The show really should never have been cancelled - it was the best of the lot.

I agree, I'd love if they brought brookside back, it was much more realistic than coronation street or eastenders!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I agree, I'd love if they brought brookside back, it was much more realistic than coronation street or eastenders!

The ratings to Brookside went very low and it would be even lower if it came back. Hollyoaks is going the same way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Some chick in sunset beach being inpregnated by means of a turkey baster was a stroke of genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭MissMiami

My favourite storyline has to be the stalker storyline in Home and Away; all of it including Noah getting shot, Peter saving Sally just before the warehouse blew up and Jack and Martha's wedding reception going on fire! I absolutely loved it!

That was the best couple of months in Home and Away and it has failed to do as well with similar storylines like Hugo and his smuggling. Hopefully the Penn storyline turns out to be good.

MissMiami wrote: »
    My favourite storyline has to be the stalker storyline in Home and Away; all of it including Noah getting shot, Peter saving Sally just before the warehouse blew up and Jack and Martha's wedding reception going on fire! I absolutely loved it!

That was the best couple of months in Home and Away and it has failed to do as well with similar storylines like Hugo and his smuggling. Hopefully the Penn storyline turns out to be good.

Probably the last decent Storyline Home and Away managed to do... I had watched that show for over 18 years and then gave up on it because it became awful...
    I wish they'd repeat old episodes - it would be great to see some of it again - The Shane and Angel years, Fisher and Marilyn, Travis and Rebecca, Alf and Ailsa - its a completely different show these days...

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Mine is the Christian Syed storyline in EE. Just very well done. It's fair to say I was/am a bit addicted to it. :D

Also loved the Richard Hillman storyline in Corrie a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

+1 for the Richard Hillman storyline. Loved the scene of the car flying off into the water, with them all screaming, and the Wannadies 'You and Me' playing the background :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

Eastenders:

Danielle's death and the build up to it when Ronnie discovered the truth in the pub.

Dot's deathbed scene with Ethel was very emotional stuff.

The Live Episode with Bradley's death.

Brookside

Think it was the second last episode where all the residents developed a lynch mob and killed the drug dealer that had been terrorising everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

cooltown wrote: »
    Oh I remember that I think I was 7. Wasn't it Lisa?

yep it was Lisa.

Maya's mad monday on coronation street was also gripping stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

gidget wrote: »
    Eastenders:

Danielle's death and the build up to it when Ronnie discovered the truth in the pub.

That was a good storyline but dragged out way too much, why couldn't Danielle just have showed Ronnie the locket at the beginning? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The plane crash in Emmerdale. Loved that!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Littlegirllost

I loved the Stacey bi-polar storyline in EE

In Fair City loved the Billy meehan story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

My first memory of Corrie back in the day-the Deirdre, Mike and Ken storyline:).

Michelle Fowler's baby's father (Den:eek:)story.

The biggest soap shock I ever had was 'Eldorado''s Freddie's secret lover being unveiled as being Javier..I'll never get over that one:eek:. I thouroughly enjoyed the Marcus/Pilar love story too, the sun the sand and the passion:o.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

God there are so many;

Mad doctor May kidnapping Dawn and the baby in EE and then coming back months later and blowing up the house.
    Michelle Fowler's baby daddy - EE
    Den/Angie divorce - EE
    Sharon & Phil/Grant affair - EE
    Aaron coming out - Emmerdale (brilliantly acted!)
    Carl and Lexi/Chas triangle - Emmerdale
    Billy Meehan in FC - I agree - it has never been the same since
    Richard Hillman in Corrie - but when nobody knew how bad he was -it was brilliant.

Ah where would we be without our daily dose of soap land!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Simon and Vicky in 'A Country Practise'

Now that's going back a long way. Back when soaps were so much better cos there was always stuff happening that nobody else had ever thought of before. Nowadays, every possible thing has been exhausted over and over again.

Advertisement