Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Love the X33!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

ahhh...the X33

Kinda Miss mine, but hopefully tomorrow will have something to take my mind off it

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

MiCr0 wrote: »
    steinhart ocean 1 gmt enroute :-)
    As the title says no quoting pics you naughty chap Sparrowcar. :)

New or did someone flip it? I'm on the lookout for a 2nd hand military at the moment. Lovely watch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

sparrowcar wrote: »
    New or did someone flip it? I'm on the lookout for a 2nd hand military at the moment. Lovely watch.

It's new, I ordered about two weeks ago, it shipped yesterday from Germany and was on my desk my 10am.
    Just need to get the bracelet resized tomorrow :-)
    Or can anyone suggest somewhere to buy small screwdrivers in Dublin?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

That was quick! If you can manage to hang on for delivery, something like this could be a cheap but useful investment. I got a cheapy kit off eBay a while ago and it's definitely paid its way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

It's new, I ordered about two weeks ago, it shipped yesterday from Germany and was on my desk my 10am.
    Just need to get the bracelet resized tomorrow :-)
    Or can anyone suggest somewhere to buy small screwdrivers in Dublin?

'Twas years ago, but I bought a set in Mark's Models on Hawkins st

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Zagato wrote: »
    'Twas years ago, but I bought a set in Mark's Models on Hawkins st

They're open until 6 this evening :-)
    I think I'll get a scalpel too to remove the Cyclops

Thanks,
    David

They're open until 6 this evening :-)
    I think I'll get a scalpel too to remove the Cyclops

Thanks,
    David
    And 1.99 euro later I've got a perfectly resized bracelet :-)

jFbP02C.jpg

Also, happy birthday to me :-)

Got today...put it on a Sand Canvas

IMG_0937_zpsaaad3c09.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭corpo3030

I'm gonna have to get myself a good quality mini screwdriver, I got a new Citizen but I can't re-size the bracelet so I have it on a leather strap.

2ea268277147526.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Arrived yesterday...only wore it for a few hrs yesterday evenining but already had a few comments passed as to how clear the dial is and easy to read. Strap is a bit rigid and will take some breaking in but already looking at a zulu options and maybe a silicon aswell

IMG_3957.jpg

IMG_3958.jpg

IMG_3959.jpg

IMG_3960.jpg

IMG_3961.jpg

IMG_3963.jpg

With no running seconds hand, at least its not so obvious that its a quartz until you start up the chronograph. Will probably be my weekend watch and the chrono will get some use aswell. It was important for me to get a chrono with the min hand at the 9 position as most of the time i will be using it will be from 11am to 4pm. Anywhere else there is a chance it would be obscured by the hour hand.

Only downside is the mineral crystal glass but for this price i wasnt expecting it. However if i could upgrade it to sapphire I'd look into it.

Anyone know where I could get this done and what kind of money it would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Exp 2 has departed, a little too samey with my ceramic sub,

Took this beast in exchange, its a stunner but very thick !
    20130921_124433_zpsab6a4bea.jpg

20130921_124402_zpsb2ad4509.jpg

20130921_133845_RichtoneHDR_zpsa3695a6d.jpg

20130921_133917_RichtoneHDR_zps4dfbd63d.jpg

20130921_133941_RichtoneHDR_zps13b9ba54.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Hi,

You guys have a lot to answer for.....I was happy enough with my old Casio until I stumbled across this thread.

Anyhow, just took delivery of my Marina Militare homage from Getat. It's a 44mm mini Fiddy case with the brushed case and polished bezel. The strap is their brown wooden vintage with a premium buckle. For the money I think that it's a great addition to my growing collection and I really love it. Thanks for looking.

DC

image-5.jpg

image-4.jpg

image-3.jpg

image-2.jpg

image.jpg

Bit of Wheeling and Dealing done...This on the way, used but loved. Am using trades to work my way upwards...so this may be next in line, but all going to plan

Tudor_zpsc2fb7697.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Orlaw3136

Cyrus wrote: »
    Exp 2 has departed, a little too samey with my ceramic sub,

That's a stunner as a piece of engineering & design - how are you finding it as a watch to wear ?

I ask because I have a strange leaning towards diver chronographs these days (I think my daily wearer on holiday has infected me - one of those newish Seiko Solar Dive Chronos - the pepsi bezel) and this PO would be in the mix if I act on my urgings.

Orlaw3136 wrote: »
    That's a stunner as a piece of engineering & design - how are you finding it as a watch to wear ?

I ask because I have a strange leaning towards diver chronographs these days (I think my daily wearer on holiday has infected me - one of those newish Seiko Solar Dive Chronos - the pepsi bezel) and this PO would be in the mix if I act on my urgings.

its pretty massive, being titanium helps a lot as it keeps the weight down but 20mm thick is pretty tall :pac:

stunning looker tho

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

And you're selling it already?!

Eoin wrote: »
    And you're selling it already?!

Definitely open to seeing what's out there, tried it because I love the looks but I can't see it being worn enough and it's too expensive to have to just look at

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Cyrus wrote: »
    Definitely open to seeing what's out there, tried it because I love the looks but I can't see it being worn enough and it's too expensive to have to just look at

PM me when you do. One of my friends mentioned he really liked those a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Piked up this last week, fairly happy with it, will do nicely as a day to day watch for work

299-9350744SPA76UC975290X.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

An old Rado Silver Star I picked up yonks ago ...

2qb515f.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭corpo3030

5d7232277842217.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Tragedy wrote: »
    Meant to be accurate to within +/-10s per year. We shall see!

About 0.25s fast after 6 weeks, but considering I set it by holding it up against the atomic clock webpage, there's a good chance it's not lost a second since.

My titanium skagen is now +6s, my rotary divers is +1.5s and my R&Co is +2s.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

IMG_3969.jpg

Lume shot of the Nav-01

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Received one of these as an early birthday gift today:

cah101a-ba0860-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Wife bought this for me in Vegas. With a bit of dealing, and exchange rates, worked out at about €410.

Anyone got some pro camera setting tips for lum shots?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,962 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

A longer than normal exposure with a lens that can dip down below F3.5 I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

Tripod, long exposure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

IMG_20130726_132630_zps7625fa17.jpg
    Just seen this thread, Very good read, some lovely watches on here that I can only dream of owning, This is my seiko SKX009K1 with rubber strap, It shares everyday duties with a g shock.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement