Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Strange Traffic Light Experience

Options
  • 24-12-2007 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Ok so was out this morning on my way to do the christmas shopping. Anyways was standing at the traffic lights at Ivans shop Limerick if anyone knows it. Its a cross roads so our lights go Green to cross the road and all of sudden some clown from a stopped position on the right in a big BMW takes off and breaks the red light driving right in front of us whilst gesturing in the car he is going straight on. We were inches from hitting this nut case. To be honest I couldnt believe this guy's stupidty, we were literally moments from a serious crash, I wish I had got his reg to report him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ivans is a cross-roads, not a T junction. Assuming you are talking about the junction with the Ennis Road.

BTW is this another BMW bashing thread? :D

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I can only imagine he was an idiot....That or he either saw the pedestrian light go green and his brain registered green light for him.... It can happen when people are just waiting to catch a glimpse of something green before they floor it.
    Or he was used to the light squence and was sure it was going to be his turn so he left a few seconds early... and turns out the light sequence is not how he remembers it...

Either way.. moron :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Yes sorry my bad cross roads :) . Original post edited.

Oh and its not a beamer bash, it was just insane how this guy broke the traffic lights completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Misleading title tbh

I was expecting the lights to malfunction and something strange like that. What a let down :(

A BMW driver (or any driver realy) breaking a red light is not unusual

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

micmclo wrote:
    A BMW driver (or any driver realy) breaking a red light is not unusual
    Now a strange traffic light experience is when a driver is turning right at a crossroads, gets the green, turns right, sees a red light in front of her stopping traffic coming the other way, and stops in the middle of the junction. Then proceeds to ignore everyone beeping at her while pointing at the red light. You'd think junctions were a foreign concept or something :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Willstev wrote: »
    Ok so was out this morning on my way to do the christmas shopping. Anyways was standing at the traffic lights at Ivans shop Limerick if anyone knows it. Its a cross roads so our lights go Green to cross the road and all of sudden some clown from a stopped position on the right in a big BMW takes off and breaks the red light driving right in front of us whilst gesturing in the car he is going straight on. We were inches from hitting this nut case. To be honest I couldnt believe this guy's stupidty, we were literally moments from a serious crash, I wish I had got his reg to report him.

The man was of obvious importance as he was driving a big BMW. If you had hit this vehicle, the Gardai would have charged you with careless driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

testicle wrote: »
    The man was of obvious importance as he was driving a big BMW. If you had hit this vehicle, the Gardai would have charged you with careless driving.

Even if the OP was not in his car?
    Willstev wrote: »
    Standing at the traffic lights

Advertisement