Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fair city goes a bit more soupy than soapy

Options
  • 08-09-2010 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Is it my imagination or is this new character, Tommy, the doctor's husband, a dead-ringer in terms of his diction and mannerisms for the Buttevant dad in Soupy Norman ?

I checked out the Wikipedia page on Soupy and it mentions the usual suspects, Barry Murphy, David O'Doherty and another character called Luke Murphy.

Maybe it is just a coincidence but I can't stop thinking of Soupy Norman every time this guy talks on screen.

-ifc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moving this to the Soap Opera forum....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

He is very like him! I miss Soupy Norman, it was the funniest thing I'd seen in a long, long time :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

First time I saw him, I thought it was O' Dowd from Ros na Run.

Advertisement