Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rollins Injured. Out 6-9 months

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

He did a fair amount of damage judging by that article. Did anyone see the spot where he was injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,268 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

****. And at a stupid house show in Dublin. That's horrid luck and a horrid end to his reign.

Congratulations to Roman Reigns though :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Card likely to be completely upheaved now; Seth has vacated the title due to injury and a tournament will now take place on the Ppv to crown a new champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Really ****ty news. I can see them calling more people like Balor up from NXT sooner rather than later with Rollins, Orton and Bryan out injured. Maybe even give Angle that deal he wants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,332 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I believe it was the same injury Edge had a few years ago (EDIT: Nope, I was wrong, Edge did his Achilles), was out some months with it before returning at the Rumble. The one good thing to come out of this is that Rollins will come back an even bigger star since he's probably coming back as a babyface.

Reigns needs to win the tournament at Survivor Series, because he's more over than he's ever been before, and then Sheamus needs to come out and cash in successfully to get the most out of it. I don't like the idea of Sheamus as champ but it will get Roman over huge and gives Sheamus something meaningful to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Great oppurtunity to have reigns v ambrose at survivor series and have reigns turn heel win the title and become the authoritys new golden boy.

Gutted for rollins though

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Gutted for Rollins was really looking forward to seeing Reigns and Rollins one on one for the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

He'll be out longer I reckon, ACL and medial collateral (with meniscal tear? Jesus) is probably worse injury than doing ACL and PCL as it'll completely destabilise one side of his knee. He'll lose a lot of muscle before being able to rehab and have to build up his quads again an unholy amount before taking serious weight on it. I doubt he'll be doing many more buckle bombs in case his knee buckles.

Still, hoping for an almighty face pop and a HHH style Beautiful Day training montage when he comes back, in 9 to (more likely imo) 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I'm gutted for Rollins but at the same time he wasn't getting anymore over. Him making a big return after 6-9 months (hopefully as a babyface) could be great. But still the length of the injury while you are WWE champion...really unlucky.

• Advertisement

Also the authority needs to cut him loose on Raw now to get something out of a bad situation, it's a shame he won't be able to take a beating from Triple H given the severity of the injury, but they need to make it clear they're done with him. When he returns it will be all the sweeter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Any chance wwe could decide to bring bryan back due to this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Jesus, thats awful news. Really feel Rollins, poor guy.

ricero wrote: »
    Any chance wwe could decide to bring bryan back due to this ?

Highly doubt it tbh. They seem to have made their mind up on him and it would shock me (with happiness) to ever see him wrestle in WWE again. Much more likely they will bring someone up from NXT instead and make him the new face of the authority. Id love it to be Apollo Crews but he's not ready yet, and I'm not sure what I'd think of Balor being called up as a heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

How long was Cena's break again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Samoa Joe maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Reigns time to shine.

Also there is no way Cena is getting all that time off now. He's a company guy and he'll be back at Survivor a Series I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

J. Marston wrote: »
    Reigns time to shine.

Has to be Cena i reckon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭brianregan09

No one from NXT is going to be called straight to being the Authority's golden boy its just has to Reigns and please not a vanilla win a Heel Reigns as champion would be fantastic either that or have Reigns as a face and have Sheamus cash in

• Registered Users Posts: 84,751 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Poor Rollins

I'm hoping for at least 1 or 2 traditional SS matches if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

martyos121 wrote: »
    Also there is no way Cena is getting all that time off now. He's a company guy and he'll be back at Survivor a Series I reckon.

I bet Nikki has hidden his phone.
    Poor Rollins but I guess with Cena, Rollins, Lesnar & Orton all currently off tv it gives them a chance to work on others

ERG89 wrote: »
    Poor Rollins but I guess with Cena, Rollins, Lesnar & Orton all currently off tv it gives them a chance to work on others

Cena took time off before and they did feck all with anyone else, you could tell they were just biding their time until he was back. Vince doesn't look more than four weeks into the future and it's the reason ratings are so bad. Him and his "yes-men" won't give anyone the same opportunities they continually give to golden boy himself. I say that as a fan of Cena, his matches are consistently some of the best on the night, and he deserves to be at the top, but it enrages me that Vince can't see past him and build up the next big thing, and if that's what they're doing with Roman they're not doing a very good job, since it's taken him this long to get over, honestly through little fault of his own.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah it gives them a chance. They won't though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/seth-rollins-out-6-9-months-knee-injury-201056

"One WWE source noted that some phone calls are likely already being made to some very big names".

Could be exciting times!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would love to see Balor to be brought up as the new golden boy for the authority but slim chance id say. But def think Reigns needs to go heel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

martyos121 wrote: »
    Cena took time off before and they did feck all with anyone else, you could tell they were just biding their time until he was back. Vince doesn't look more than four weeks into the future and it's the reason ratings are so bad. Him and his "yes-men" won't give anyone the same opportunities they continually give to golden boy himself. I say that as a fan of Cena, his matches are consistently some of the best on the night, and he deserves to be at the top, but it enrages me that Vince can't see past him and build up the next big thing, and if that's what they're doing with Roman they're not doing a very good job, since it's taken him this long to get over, honestly through little fault of his own.

I was trying to look on the bright side. I'm currently watching Raw in particular Becky Lynch dying a death cutting a promo

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

This is terrible news. Rollins is one of the few reasons I still watch Raw - really enjoy his heel work despite his terrible weak booking. He is arguably the best they have in the ring. Really feel sorry for him - had only heard an interview where he said due to crossfit he never gets injured and hasn't missed a Raw since 2012.

This seriously ****s up the Mania plans - no Shield triple threat and no HHH vs Rollins. What a disaster.:(

• Advertisement

I was trying to look on the bright side. I'm currently watching Raw in particular Becky Lynch dying a death cutting a promo

Yeah I'd love to see others being given big pushes because of this too, I'm just not as optimistic based on what happened last time.

And yeah, Becky needs to just stop talking altogether, it's car crash TV.

Advertisement