Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forest walks in Laois and Offaly

• 10-08-2011 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all

I was wondering are there any really good woodland walks in Laois and Offaly bar the obvious ones?

Are there any hidden gems? I love a good walk and the countryside around here is beautiful

There are a number of stops I see around the county. Some look great others not so good. Which are the good ones?

Has anyone been to Derries Wood?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Joeynegro

Yes I was going to ask the same.

There is a good few around the area.

Just pick the ones you like the look off

You might also be better checking the Coillte website. This has very good info on walks in the area.

www.coillte.ie

We were heading towards Emo not far from Portarlington when we saw this forest walk off the road. It looked nice but nowhere really to park.

I cant describe it any better. Dont know if its any good.

Also at the back of Emo there is a forest walk going away from Emo Court but not on the grounds. Its looks lovely too. Hope that helps. I am a keen walker and hiker myself.

There are so many little forest walks dotted around Laois and Offaly. You have a great selection. You just pick the one that you can park easily at and looks tranquil.

Garryhinch is not far from Portarlington near the Golf club

Was there yesterday. would highly recommend it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Cicuma

Glenbarrow up in the Slieve Blooms is really beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Advertisement