Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Large black bird ......

• 26-09-2010 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

I saw a couple of large black birds this afternoon ...... much like a Crow(Rook) but seemed larger with a distinctive call ..... they were circling in updrafts on slopes over looking Lough Derg/Ballina/Killaloe ...... 1,000 feet or so above the lake level so fairly high up ....

Any ideas? ...... :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Sounds like ravens. How many of them were flying around together?
    Ravens tend to stay in mountainous areas gliding in the updrafts just like you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

Just the two ..... I'll keep an eye out for them next time I'm up there ...... I might try and get some video ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

yeah, Ravens are usually found in pairs like that alright.
    I always like to watch out for them gliding in the updrafts when Im climbing mountains.

Advertisement