Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Facebooks Airline Manager

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

870997 stocks sold in RebelAirCork, plenty of stock left to purchase - big investments in the airline in the next few days, so stock is sure to rise

I like the new level thing they put in, gives it a different aspect to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Bought stock in RAC. how much of a dip are we talking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Jhcx wrote: »
    Bought stock in RAC. how much of a dip are we talking?

It's gone down $0.82 since I bought at this time yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

pajopearl wrote: »
    Just bought 199998 shares in eztry air :-)

Diabolous Airways still looking for investors.

Favour returned...

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

We're talking a dip of about $5, but has already rebounded - think its mainly due to the fact that my account balance has gone from 600 million into the red in the space of a few days, very little to work with at the moment

Every dollar I have it going into closing any route below 80% demand, fitting these aircraft with Wifi and IFE before putting them on new routes, max distance and demand. The next round, hopefully in the next few days will be scraping any route under 90%, and upgrading all those aircraft, except the A380s until I build the funds.

Went from 310.56 to a low of 307.42, but now back up to 308.36 - so its a very slight hit.

• Advertisement

We're talking a dip of about $5, but has already rebounded - think its mainly due to the fact that my account balance has gone from 600 million into the red in the space of a few days, very little to work with at the moment

Every dollar I have it going into closing any route below 80% demand, fitting these aircraft with Wifi and IFE before putting them on new routes, max distance and demand. The next round, hopefully in the next few days will be scraping any route under 90%, and upgrading all those aircraft, except the A380s until I build the funds.

Went from 310.56 to a low of 307.42, but now back up to 308.36 - so its a very slight hit.

Try get the plane config pax bonus. (Costs 500) Then you can convert you fleet to all business class. Much more resistant to demand fluctuations (and higher demand too!)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

Only just started this and have no Idea what im doing. Airline is sudz airlines though if that helps ye or me in any way.

And just invested in Diabolous airways. Not much but twill get better when I get bigger :)

crisco10 wrote: »
    Try get the plane config pax bonus. (Costs 500) Then you can convert you fleet to all business class. Much more resistant to demand fluctuations (and higher demand too!)

I have it - have quite a few all business craft, but find the .25 business and rest passenger can be quite good.

All this work is having a great effect on my level, up to 44 already

kkhornet wrote: »
    Only just started this and have no Idea what im doing. Airline is sudz airlines though if that helps ye or me in any way.

And just invested in Diabolous airways. Not much but twill get better when I get bigger :)

And I've invested in Sudz. Deadly. Would only let me invest so much coz I already have so much stock and will only let me hold 1M. Bad buzz man.

Buy Dassault Mercure's, as many as you can - fly max distance and demand, and fly often

• Advertisement

Buy Dassault Mercure's, as many as you can - fly max distance and demand, and fly often

They started me off with some Boeing yoke. Can't remember which. But I sold it almost in the first 2 days and just Bought McDonnell Douglas MD80's. Worked a treat for me. My stock is almost at $80 and I've only been at it 2 months.

pajopearl wrote: »
    They started me off with some Boeing yoke. Can't remember which. But I sold it almost in the first 2 days and just Bought McDonnell Douglas MD80's. Worked a treat for me. My stock is almost at $80 and I've only been at it 2 months.

Always sell it, DM's, went up to 200 of them, then started on the DC10s - my stock is over $300 and I've only played it on and off really. When I have holidays, I have time to change things around

the stock thing is ridiculous - my stock was 309.45 this morning, now gone up to 310.14, but says its DOWN 0.42? This makes no sense to me

All good, stock up to 312.69 - definitely a few glitches in the game. Fuel is $500 at the moment

the stock thing is ridiculous - my stock was 309.45 this morning, now gone up to 310.14, but says its DOWN 0.42? This makes no sense to me

Yeah the up/down is based on a very short timescale i think. So that figure can be wrong.

In other news, after a weekend of flying without buying, I just went on a spending spree! Lots of new A380s. :-)

Stocked up on fuel at $300 yesterday too.

I did as well, my stock is now up to 324, as promised and rising!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm after restarting on this, sure why not? :L I'm Pistola Airways

Is it worth having an all business class fleet?
    or should it be half business on European and half business on TA.

Is it worth having an all business class fleet?
    or should it be half business on European and half business on TA.

All business is better

I'm thinking of getting rid of my Ilyushin / Il-96-400, and replacing them with Airbus A330s, saving 10lbs of fuel per km with the Airbus, but about 100 passengers less. Working on the Airbus and Boeing achievement

Edit - will go with the Boeing 777-300, similar passenger number

Business class - it depends on the planes

Take my new 777s that I bought, difference between an all business flight and standard flight is about 200K, but it cost 1.6 million to convert. So I need 8 flights to get the cost of the conversion back

• Advertisement

Main advantage of business though is steadier demand at 90%++...Makes it much easier to get hub achievement too!

For long haul 777-200 is a nice one, only cost 60 million too. I used a combination of it, 757-300 and 787-3 to get the boeing achievement.

Next step is lots of a321 and a380's for Airbus achievement

I put way too much effort into this game. And still make no money Ha ha.
    European routes such as a network based on ryanair really demands a lot every 30 minutes to 1.5hrs planes need Departing.
    Long hauls to the states, middle east and pacific/oceanic are perfect once a day. But never the less we will press on maybe eventually i will get it right. Think its just a matter to start following real time players.

Atlantic Aer Airlines

I put way too much effort into this game. And still make no money Ha ha.
    European routes such as a network based on ryanair really demands a lot every 30 minutes to 1.5hrs planes need Departing.
    Long hauls to the states, middle east and pacific/oceanic are perfect once a day. But never the less we will press on maybe eventually i will get it right. Think its just a matter to start following real time players.

Atlantic Aer Airlines

Lots of ways of doing it, but some of the great aircraft for increasing your operations are:

Dassault MercureAlmost a cheat of an aircraft really, if you can get on almost every 2 hours to keep launching max range routes, this plane repays itself in about 2 days. Great for cashflow if you have 50+ of them

Dc-10-10 or Boeing 757-300; really cheap medium haul aircraft, give them routes close to max range and they need launching every 7 hours or so.

Il-96-400 at 40 million, it is quite a cheap long haul aircraft. A max range route takes about 12 hours which is quite nice; 2 launches a day gives 24 hour use of plane.

I've gotten to a $170 stock value from $0.10 in 4 weeks by going from Dassaults to 757-300 then adding 777-200 and 787-3. Currently working on Airbus achievement by mixing A321 and A380...

crisco10 wrote: »
    Lots of ways of doing it, but some of the great aircraft for increasing your operations are:

Dassault MercureAlmost a cheat of an aircraft really, if you can get on almost every 2 hours to keep launching max range routes, this plane repays itself in about 2 days. Great for cashflow if you have 50+ of them

Dc-10-10 or Boeing 757-300; really cheap medium haul aircraft, give them routes close to max range and they need launching every 7 hours or so.

Il-96-400 at 40 million, it is quite a cheap long haul aircraft. A max range route takes about 12 hours which is quite nice; 2 launches a day gives 24 hour use of plane.

I've gotten to a $170 stock value from $0.10 in 4 weeks by going from Dassaults to 757-300 then adding 777-200 and 787-3. Currently working on Airbus achievement by mixing A321 and A380...

Thanks. This is my 3rd Airline so ive picked up a few things from mistakes. Ive passed all that i had the DM's upto 100 then moved over to DC10 MD11 then to the a320. Tried to go with an all airbus fleet but certain markets are requiring different aircraft now. Im trying to play the game as realistic as possible by following routes FR(europe) have and EI (TA)and BA(TA) Im quiet happy where my base is but the american market is more prosperous. Using ORD as a secondary hub and SYD to control the oceanic/asia region. My business aim is to try and get Most A380's on the TA's and Asia routes. while keeping the smaller A320's in Europe and North Africa. Im starting a Network in NA using the 753 then eventually buy more modern fleet. Already since my last post there has been more of a climb opening those routes. So for now going to work on them. My problem is i need more long haul than short haul im not getting round to departing them as often as needed which is every 1 hour and 30mins.

Those achievements are pure easy to get. Just buy the cheapest boeing,airbus multiply by 10's sell them off. never been in flight then focus on.

$15 fuel now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Shammer16

Just starting a new airline!

My old one did very well and grew very quickly! I got a bit bored in the end because I had an all A380 fleet so decided to start again today!

i would recommend investing now, stock price should go up very quickly if this Airline turns out anything like my last!

Airline name is:Éireann Irish Airlines

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

Shammer16 wrote: »
    Just starting a new airline!

My old one did very well and grew very quickly! I got a bit bored in the end because I had an all A380 fleet so decided to start again today!

i would recommend investing now, stock price should go up very quickly if this Airline turns out anything like my last!

Airline name is:Éireann Irish Airlines

Cant find it in the search :confused:

Cant find it in the search :confused:

Strange one that! Wonder if it has something to do with the É...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Just started playing this game today and I apologize in advance if this is a silly question but how do I set a certain amount of seats to business class and others to standard? Is this possible? I'm still learning how to play it to be honest! :o

• Advertisement

Just started playing this game today and I apologize in advance if this is a silly question but how do I set a certain amount of seats to business class and others to standard? Is this possible? I'm still learning how to play it to be honest! :o

You have to save 500 PAX points to buy the option to do this! The number in the top left i how many you have!

If you can't wait until then you could just buy 500, not sure how much it costs though!

Advertisement