Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

minecraft on xbox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

CMpunked wrote: »
    I cant figure out how to get them to work with the repeaters. :o

AFAIK, aren't slimes found underground?

Yeah, still no luck for me. I've been looking at videos like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_StqlIYOXU&feature=related and from what I can see, everybody is saying to tunnel out a massive room 4 blocks above bedrock and make it 3 blocks high and well lit. Still haven't seen any slimes yet though :(

Was really impressed with the stadium build you were doing the other night. Would've liked to help a bit more, but I think I messed up the steps a little bit. Think I'll just stick to clearing the area from now on ;)

You should join my game soon and check out the new walled town we've made.

http://extension.ws/minecraft/slimes.html

put your seed into that, locate the coordinates of where you are and drag the map to it. Find the nearest green block, preferably one with another beside it and dig straight down till level ~20 (I think). Dig out a few 2-high rooms 16/16 from the bedrock within the coordinates and go away for a while. Worked first time for me after aimlessly digging up random massive holes!

Must give that a go! Can you located anything else with it?

My Slime room has finally worked. Seems very random, but occasionally a Slime or 2 appear. Have found enough to make a simple piston door on one of the bigger houses we have. And we're going to try to do a large working gate of some sort on our castle wall. Tricky, but very rewarding making the circuits!

Anybody have any piston stories yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

This is the only thing i have managed to figure out how to construct on my own with pistons.

527920_3698844822043_1551124573_n.jpg

Its a machine that constantly moves a sand block in a square.. :o
    As i said, the only idea ive made that hasnt been shamelessly robbed from youtube.

I made a 3x2 sticky piston door. It's quite cool (but robbed from YouTube also). Did you see it last night when you were in my game??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

This large structure suddenly appeared out of nowhere recently

406279_2298009707277_1197354624_n.jpg

I have no idea what caused it. It's taller than cloud level and it has blocks of bedrock, iron and gold scattered throughout.

528465_2298017267466_1318696565_n.jpg

Has anything like that popped up for anyone else?

Did it pop up while you were in the game, or after you reloaded it?

It popped up after reload. It seems to be a permanent fixture of the world now.

I heard someone say that when they updated the game for the first big update a few weeks ago something like that happened them, but only something small. Not what happened yours.
    Did it appear after the update a few days ago?

Yeah, it happened after the update. I loaded up a new world using the same seed and it didn't appear in that world.

• Advertisement

It looks impressive, i'll tell you that. And obviously with the bedrock in it, it's a once off.

If you want any help mining all of its recourses (it looks like it has loads!), give me an add: CMpunked.
    I'd be more than happy to help. :)

There's actually another structure similar to it not too far from it.

Whats your gamertag?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ga2k10

4j studios tweeted that the adventure update will be out once Microsoft has done testig it.

Playxbla.com also put up this change list of features.

Additions:
    - Added Creative Mode.
    - Disabled Achievements and Leaderboard updates if the player is in Creative Mode, or if the world has been previously saved in Creative Mode.
    - Added a simple tutorial for Creative Mode.
    - Added sprinting to Survival Mode.
    - Added flying and sprint-flying to Creative Mode.
    - Added new mobs – Enderman, Cave Spiders, and Silverfish
    - Added new items to the game – Melon, Melon Slice, Melon Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Raw/Cooked Beef, Raw/Cooked Chicken, Rotten Flesh, Pumpkin Seeds, Iron Bars, Fence Gate, Stone Bricks, Stone Brick Slabs, Stone Brick Stairs, Brick Slabs, Brick Stairs, Ender Pearl, Web,Vines, 10 more Music Discs, Sponge, and Chain Armor.
    - Added new items to the crafting menu – Melon, Melon Seeds, Glass Pane, Fence Gate, Iron Bars, Stone Bricks, Stone Brick Slabs, Stone Brick Stairs, Brick Slabs, Brick Stairs.
    - Added terrain generation features – Strongholds, Villages, Abandoned Mineshafts and Ravines.
    - Biome code additions, including rivers and oceans.
    - Changed the bow to have drawing and firing action.
    - Added a quick move to the dispenser.
    - Added a quick equip for armor to the inventory interface.
    - Added a quick move for ingredients and fuel in the furnace interface.
    - Brought forward the mining speed changes from 1.2.3
    - Brought forward apples dropping from leaf blocks from 1.1
    - Brought forward change from 1.2.3 to make pumpkins and melons grow from stems much faster, and not require farmland around the stem to grow on.
    - Fix to vines brought forward from 1.2.3 to stop them spreading too much.
    - Added the Food Bar to the HUD.
    - Added stacking for food items.
    - Added the eating animation.
    - Enabled crafting mushroom stew without a crafting table.
    - Added the blocking move with swords.
    - Changed all the text descriptions for food to show how much they refill the food bar.
    - Passive mobs will now flee when hit.
    - The snout on pigs now protrude from their head.
    - Skeletons now hold full size bows.
    - Animals no longer despawn which makes it possible to capture them.
    - Zombies now drop Rotten Flesh instead of Feathers.
    - Updated some mob sounds.
    - Shears can now collect Tall Grass and the new Vine.
    - Improved sunrise and sunset.
    - Improved the rain edges (when looking up in rain).
    - User-placed leaf blocks no longer decay.
    - Cloud height raised to the top of the map, so clouds can no longer phase through blocks.
    - Cloud movement syncs with the game’s time.
    - Both Wooden and Stone pressure plates can now be placed on fences.
    - Improved chest model with a 3D lock, and opening and closing animation.
    - Added a countdown timer to the autosave to stop it being such a surprise.
    - Added the ability to rename an existing saved world.
    - Added map icons to the in-game player list to match their color in the map.
    - Added a confirmation dialog on the player choosing to exit without saving.
    - Added a character display when sprinting or flying.
    - Updated the How To Play HUD with the Food Bar information.
    - Added descriptions for Creative Mode and Sprinting to the How To Play menus.
    - Updated the Download Content menu with pictures of the DLC available.
    -Added death messages
    - Removed Herobrine.
    Options Changes and Additions:
    - Changed the Gamertags Display option to mean display/hide gamertags in-game and on maps.
    - Added an option to select Creative Mode or Survival Mode on creating or loading a world.
    - Added an option to disable clouds.
    - Added additional options to the world creation – Superflat land (creates a flat world near bedrock in both the Overworld and the Nether), enable/disable Structures and Bonus Chest.
    - Added Host options – toggles for Player Versus Player, Trust Players to stop players being able to mine without permission from the Host, Fire Spread, TNT Explodes, and Host Privileges.
    - Added in-game player options for the host – Can Build and Mine, Moderator, Kick Player, Can Fly, Disable Exhaustion, Invisible.
    - Store the Online, Invite Only, and Friends of Friends options in the player’s profile.
    Tutorial World Changes:
    - Changed the Tutorial world to enable the new terrain features in it.
    - Added mini tutorial for sprinting in the Tutorial world.
    - Added mini tutorial for eating in the Tutorial world.
    - Added Music Disc Quests in the Tutorial world – players can search the world for the 12 chests, each containing one of the Music Discs that can be played in a Jukebox.
    Fixes:
    - Fix for duplication glitch.
    - Fix for aspect ratio of things in hand when in splitscreen mode.
    - Fix for issue with player data not saving (player starting world with no items they had when they saved).
    - Fix for redstone tiles burning out when they shouldn’t.
    - Fixed issue with Minecart with Furnace not being able to move another Minecart.
    - Fixed particle code for flipped 3rd person view.

Fix for the dup glitch?! :eek:

Better get working! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kennypowers_

Cant wait for the 1.8.2 update
    Creative mode >>>

1.8.2 is out today! Woop!

Looking forward to the new features. Anybody download it yet? Or are you all to busy playing to post ;)

I downloaded it. Loving Creative mode. It's great to be able to build what I want without having to mine for materials.

Unfortunately, I had already explored all three of my worlds so I had to start a new world to get some of the villages to spawn. Villages are okay, not much in them. There were very few animals around which made keeping my food level up a pain. Especially with a load of enemies around at night. Plenty of wolves though, for some reason.

I'm loving creative too. Been making stuff that i've wanted to since the game came out but couldnt be bothered because i'm not good with balancing off the edge of stuff.

I started today by making this:

283398_4069434046542_1653192046_n.jpg

Cool bridge. The new block designs look great on it, a lot better than cobblestone would.

• Advertisement

Sierra 117 wrote: »
    Cool bridge. The new block designs look great on it, a lot better than cobblestone would.

I made one similar using cobblestone and gave up quite early because it looked messy.

What's your gamertag?

Gamertag is The Hobo 87.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Are they going to make the map bigger?

Can't continue building my Charizard as I have hit the 'ceiling'.

Was hoping the new patch would of done it.

Me and gis89lfc have been mad hard at work the last few days making a city off my previously posted bridge.

Oblig pair shot:

1084_4101606850842_439869458_n.jpg

We built twin towers, a new york style apartment block, a tower that looks like a rocket, a very wide public building/library type building and assorted office buildings.
    Oh and a coffee shop and a bus stop too. :)

541310_4101589530409_340290468_n.jpg
    391746_4101586730339_2009528375_n.jpg

Not bad when this was how we started out on sunday evening:

546772_4085475967580_302601156_n.jpg

Anyone wanna join us and make a stake in our city? I've hit a bit of a creative block (:pac:) today so can't figure out what to make next.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Are they going to make the map bigger?

Can't continue building my Charizard as I have hit the 'ceiling'.

Was hoping the new patch would of done it.

I believe it will be in the next patch from what I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Is this available on disc or is it just download with MS Points?

One of the kids wants it for Christmas from Santa. Big trouble if only via MS Points.

kleefarr wrote: »
    Is this available on disc or is it just download with MS Points?

One of the kids wants it for Christmas from Santa. Big trouble if only via MS Points.

Only DL i'm afraid. Some work around suggestions:
    Get him the points to download it and explain santa can't make the games that you can't buy in the shops.

Or

buy points and put it on the xbox when he goes to bed xmas eve night and download it. When he gets up that morning it will be installed on the xbox ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Thanks, thought as much.
    Had already worked out the Ms Points download thingy, but I know the other lad will probably want to play it as well, so I guess in the end it'll mean having to download it twice.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Me and gis89lfc have been mad hard at work the last few days making a city off my previously posted bridge.

Anyone wanna join us and make a stake in our city? I've hit a bit of a creative block (:pac:) today so can't figure out what to make next.

Damn, that looks really good! Haven't played Xbox Minecraft in a while. I'd give you a hand if I see you playing sometime soon.

• Advertisement

Damn, that looks really good! Haven't played Xbox Minecraft in a while. I'd give you a hand if I see you playing sometime soon.

I'm in a bit of a lazy/day off mode today if you're about later?

Advertisement