Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ireland manager

• 29-08-2014 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hello fellas ,now due to bracken going awol ,the position of ireland manager is up for grabs again,im going to throw my hat in the ring yet again to jizz things up and am looking for your vote so if you want to spark things up on the irish offsite which is now like a graveyard,vote greyhound1973,i was manager at a previously and got to world cup quarter final and due to some rather rogue elements of BR ireland i was hounded out of the job,(the details are too grisley to go on about all over again,so come on fellas vote greyhound1973

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

I'm also looking for votes, have had a long history of involvement which has amounted to me managing the team at times and winning stuff. I don't know about jizzing anything, I hadn't thought of it. I'll concede its a little quiet on the offsite but there's fun to be had there as well as success and all the records, and little bits of info, that go with building for success into the future, I don't know about sparkle either but there might be colourful stuff around some of the stats that go up on the Offsite in prep for the matches and in monitoring the development of the players our trainers provide. I've just had a complete break from NT for the entire B season of S22 so I'm fresh and ready to go, things are looking up with the squad continuously improving since I started playing BR, excluding a brief and sudden downward spiral back in S14. (when GH was elected)

Vote now and you get Wex aka Phonehead thrown in completely free.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭greyhound1973

Remember buddy what happened last time ,you were up for election ,thought awhhhh well ive the job in the bag since im well in with my off-site clique but it backfired and greyhound1973 got elected ,then what happened ,you basicially threw your toys out of the pram and said F++k ireland im off to canada,ohhh and i forgot to mention the campaign you were involved with to get me out of office,you see it wasnt that the results were bad it was greyhound1973 was never meant to get the job in the first place and thats what upset ye.So if you want someone who jumps ship when they dont get their way vote cclampett

There was a campaign to get you out of office for your actions, that speaks for itself, very few would be deluded to believe there was any other reason than your actions.
    bit my lip when you mentioned getting to a WC quarter, it was not an achievement, you inherited a group of players that could have done more had their training not stopped dead and not got the game time for exp because of you, maybe you still don't understand the kind of squad we could have, should have, and would have had by the end of that term if not for your actions
    toys out of the pram? you caused us to lose the best players we ever had = players out of the pram more like.

and lets face facts, the previous game was won because wex won it for you, you could still have made the next round had you the smarts to take his advice again.

Facts, you Fxxked off to canada ,not the sign of a manager id like to have in charge of the national side,fact wexford was one of the few who wanted to help rather than what other members like urself got up to in your campaign to get rid of me,ohh and by the way my club side finished on maximum points including bonus points and am heading into division one yet again ,how are you getting on in division 4 is it,lol

I couldn't stay around there with you GH, you wouldn't listen to anything, despite the fact that you had no knowledge of the workings of a BR NT team, and watching disastrous decisions being made was hell

you still want to go on about club sides?

go on back to div1 and get hammered by guys that started back when you did and even made sacrifices to train up NT players so far that it has undoubtedly hindered their club development, any fool can take a look at the strength of players in your club compared to the rest of that DivII.1 league, take a look at my league divIII.1 , I lost one game in round 13 after I had already secured my home playoff against a team that needed the points to secure HGA for the 3rd 4th playoff, obviously retaining energy had to be my priority as I could well afford to drop some ranking points. look at the strength of my team compared to the rest of the league, I'm going to come out looking pretty rosy in comparison to when you play teams with an equal or better side, they can look at my cup games too and compare the teams I had to beat to get a good run.

when it comes to NT, any manager elected has the same availability of players when they take the reigns, its how they use them that will count.

• Advertisement

even with only what has been shown above my season looks better than yours , but the truth is that this was in a season I was very inactive - trying to get a break from it.

and the times I was active this is one of the things I was focused on instead of my own club, the evidence that this was entirely my tactics and lineup used can be seen here (unless you are GH and cant see it, because of being banned back in season 15, which he seems to blame me for despite me being with BR Canada for seasons 15 & 16)

I could produce more but right now I want to spend my time looking at the Australian NT for Wednesday morning that goes ahead election or not.

listen mate,you left straight away after you lost the election is that not true,and you left just purely because you didnt get elected ,has your club team ever got past divsion 3 ???nd if your so tactically aware as you claim you are why are nt you playing at the top division one instead of where you are

no GH, I moved one season later
    I made the decision to move within a day of you getting elected
    in the time between you getting elected and me making to decision to leave I had tried to give you advice for which you abused me, watched trainers of great players stating they were pulling the plug on training, lost my patience with the comments you were making regarding plans, and saw the atmosphere on the offsite going downhill, it was not a place I wanted to be.

the strength of my club/quality of players is not as strong as it could be for when I started, i'll admit that, now as you don't train or have facilities, maybe I should point out that just the upgrade from lv4 to lv5 alone costs BR$1.4M and carries expenses of BR$160k per week and that is only senior facilities, it is essential to have good senior facilities to be able to train and our rep teams would have no players if managers didn't develop facilities, the club now has a 21 yr old lock training for NT and an 18 year old hooker for u20's, obviously this money used for transfers and wages instead could put me in a position to move up the ladder quicker and with it see a higher return of finances in sponsors and members etc
    but my club squad improves season in and season out, It is extremely likely that I will be in DivII next season, having mostly beaten my playoff competitors on lower intensity over the last few seasons and going into these playoffs with HGA and more energy, this season I had oppurtunities to get ranking points in the cup and am above the line for autopromotion

id actually get a kick of seeing how well, or should I say badly, you'd get on with my clubs players against the likes of dreado's

I regularly do get to play at NT level and very often do set the lineups and tactics myself where I have proven my abilities to not only beat better teams, but to do it at the highest level of the game.

remember what you did on the offsite,deleteing all that stuff, thats the kind of client you are just in spite of not been elected,try and dress it up anyway you want ,have you ever got above division 3 in your long life time at BR ,answer NO,if your such a great manager as you claim to be, surely you d have gotten to div 1 by now ,unlike me who has played at the top division for numerous seasons and whos club team is ranked 6th in ireland and 119 in the world ,remind me again where your team is???ohhhh arent you ranked 32 in ireland and 620 in the world ,i ll let the decent people of Blackout rugby ireland decide ,it a no brainer,Surely Blackout ireland is just sick of spoofers like you .

maybe we can continue this in 18 weeks

• Advertisement

typical answer from a typical spoofer

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Blanchguy

Would there be any chance the two of you could jointly manage the team?

Blanchguy wrote: »
    Would there be any chance the two of you could jointly manage the team?
    Honestly, no. not even if hell froze over, just about everyone else is welcome to participate but that bridge is long burned.

hi blanchguy ,im willing to work with anyone ,but you see the atitude,not great is it,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

OK Guys, that is the end of it. Speak civilly and with respect and leave the pettiness at home. if this continues I will have to start implementing sanctions.

This forum is respectful and welcoming to all and effectively self moderates - KEEP it that way.

I had no desire to continue this conversation past the election, but felt I should answer a question directed to me in part, to someone without knowledge of the history there.
    In S14 i raised the possibility of working together during the election, and received a blank reply, following that i still attempted to give sound advice after the election, for which i received abuse.
    Particularly with a moderator warning in place- i will repeat myself, i am finished with this conversation.

my sincerest apologies for contributing to a negative atmosphere here.

ok eoerrall ,i respect your advice ,thats the end of it from me as well,gud luck ireland seniors

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

What plans have ye for the NT?

Positive campaigning from here on in.

And I know it's somewhat of a head-to-head here so far, but of course it's not a two horse race. So everyone is of course welcome to throw their hat into the ring and come here looking for votes.

Election ended Monday, a lot of people understandably want to know where players stand now so i'll try get something posted on plans soon that will affect that, but I don't want to comment prematurely and mislead anyone as a result. Having taken a break from it for a while during the season leaves a bit more updating than usual to catch up on first. Round 1 is traditionally the time for all that spring cleaning anyway.

Edit: Some managers may need to get access to the Boards BR super secret area "the Dark Arts" from EOF or Fewi, or to the Offsite forums from myself to view such posts or get involved with the Nt's

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

id say ye fight for it ye live in the same city it could happen outside supermacs at 3:30 in the morning

• Advertisement

cclampett wrote: »
    Election ended Monday, a lot of people understandably want to know where players stand now so i'll try get something posted on plans soon that will affect that, but I don't want to comment prematurely and mislead anyone as a result. Having taken a break from it for a while during the season leaves a bit more updating than usual to catch up on first. Round 1 is traditionally the time for all that spring cleaning anyway.

Edit: Some managers may need to get access to the Boards BR super secret area "the Dark Arts" from EOF or Fewi, or to the Offsite forums from myself to view such posts or get involved with the Nt's

That'll teach me to switch off. I was wondering why I wasn't being poked to vote.

seanand wrote: »
    id say ye fight for it ye live in the same city it could happen outside supermacs at 3:30 in the morning

This would have sorted it nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

whatever happened to Bracken?? His team looks like hes clearing out to go bot now too :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

He's taking time off and cashing in on his players so that they don't just age out. Mauling Bear is doing the same, The Jacks did it... I think once you have been playing for a number of seasons and your players hit that point that you need to rebuild again, it can just be too much effort at that point in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Phonehead wrote: »
    He's taking time off and cashing in on his players so that they don't just age out. Mauling Bear is doing the same, The Jacks did it... I think once you have been playing for a number of seasons and your players hit that point that you need to rebuild again, it can just be too much effort at that point in time.

i apologise too for disappearing as journalist. im in the same re-building phase and have ended up taking a break from BR. i only log on for few mins at a time now just to check training etc. it was only today that i even bothered checking the result of saturdays league game!

Advertisement