Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ISRAEL A DOGMATIC THEOCRACY

• 17-07-2014 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

I find that it interesting to examine the real religious reasons for the establishment of Israel.
    Israel was established so as to help fulfill the prophecy of the messiah (Mashiach).

Jews believe that any human descendant of David can become this figure if he achieves's certain things during his lifetime. Central to the principle of oneness, this individual will be totally human and will not need to perform any miracles. He will demonstrate that he is the messiah to God's chosen people collectively, through achieving the following objectives-

The mashiach will bring about the political and spiritual redemption of the Jewish people by bringing us back to Israel and restoring Jerusalem (Isaiah 11:11-12; Jeremiah 23:8; 30:3; Hosea 3:4-5). He will establish a government in Israel that will be the center of all world government, both for Jews and gentiles (Isaiah 2:2-4; 11:10; 42:1). He will rebuild the Temple and re-establish its worship (Jeremiah 33:18). He will restore the religious court system of Israel and establish Jewish law as the law of the land (Jeremiah 33:15).

As we can see over the past 70 years we are getting much closer to the day when the Jews can declare their Messiah. He will be a great political and military leader. The Palestinians are simply getting in the way of fulfilling this great religious ideal.

But hey; The Mashiach will usher in an age of Peace and Prosperity, where all nations of the earth will look to Israel for guidance.

Its worth it, right? Who cares about a few dead children?

NOTE: I admire lots about the Jewish religion. Particularly the way in which it encourages the use of logic, and the way in which people should learn from their mistakes. I think it is a more believable religion than Christianity. The Jewish rebuttal of Jesus Christ is particularly enjoyable and one with which I agree with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Not, I think, in the Politics forum.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement