Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoid Aprilia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Feckin' delayed until Friday (when it's likely we will have snow!).
    Seems the guy in the van couldn't get on the ferry on Friday so he only left today.

Can anything else go wrong? (well apart from the snow/ice we will no doubt have).

Ha ! We must have got your spot.....our crew coming back in van on Frday ! ......serious shortage of space on ferries these days - honest.....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

I bought an old 1996 Aprilia Pegaso 650 last year, and it's a pretty good bike. No parts issues at all.

Is that relevant?
    Actually, no - thats the same as the BMW F650 of the same age, and I've had 2 of those - would have no prob buying another.
    Good bike.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    I bought an old 1996 Aprilia Pegaso 650 last year, and it's a pretty good bike. No parts issues at all.

Is that relevant?
    Actually, no - thats the same as the BMW F650 of the same age, and I've had 2 of those - would have no prob buying another.
    Good bike.

...in fact, it's been relaunched as the G650 these days.......pity it's made in China.......it rusts just by looking at it.....

Ode To The Motorist

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

galwaytt wrote: »
    Good bike.

I was posting that in jest tt!

The Pegaso and F650 are close cousins, but aren't identical. Apart from styling differences the Aprilia has a 5 valve head. I'm sure there are other differences too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Still no bike. Still no explanation from Ducati Dublin. Yet another days vacation used for nothing.

Does anyone know who the owner of Ducati Dublin is?

...might rename this thread to 'Avoid Ducati Dublin'. Aprilia are idiots, but Ducati Dublin are just taking the piss now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

No way, you took days off for it? Really annoying when that happens. What happened to the guy in the van?
    Not good advertisement for Ducati Dublin. Might have to go straight to Ducati London when I win the lotto.

Thanks to RosieJoe for the PM with a link to another forum. It seems that Ducati Dublin may be closing down. It would explain why Dean is no longer employed there, and with Tony Bannon being in hospital for months now...

The owner appears to be the guy I'm dealing with <owner> and I just got his mobile number...waiting for a call back from him. Hopefully he can tell me what happened with the guy in the van, and where the hell my bike is!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Also, place might be closed today seeing as it is a Monday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Would have been easier for you to buy it from a UK dealer and ride it back!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,979 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Thanks to RosieJoe for the PM with a link to another forum. It seems that Ducati Dublin may be closing down. It would explain why Dean is no longer employed there, and with Tony Bannon being in hospital for months now...

The owner appears to be the guy I'm dealing with <snip> and I just got his mobile number...waiting for a call back from him. Hopefully he can tell me what happened with the guy in the van, and where the hell my bike is!

How did you pay? Wouldn't want to be a un-secured creditor in that situation.

• Advertisement

Yeah, did you pay up in full, or still just the deposit?

€1000 deposit paid in cash, and of course I have a proper receipt.

Worst case scenario, I take them to court for breach of contract and get the deposit back. And I'm getting close to that.

This morning I got through to <snip> (the owner I believe) on his mobile. He said he was on the way into the office and would call in 20 mins. He never did, and has not answered the last 5 or so calls to his mobile. A woman did answer it earlier to say he was in a meeting and that she would remind him to call. Still nothing.

I'm seriously pissed off. Middle of a recession and I'm here with over €10,000 to give them and they treat me like this.

I also rang the dealership a few times (they are open today ). They answer maybe one in every 10 calls (I've made over 70 calls). Crazy way to run a business.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,979 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

In real terms, if they are liquidating the company its unlikely you will ever see any of that 1k. Horrible of them to take it though, real scumbag thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Andromeda_111

€1000 deposit paid in cash, and of course I have a proper receipt.

Worst case scenario, I take them to court for breach of contract and get the deposit back. And I'm getting close to that.

This morning I got through to <snip> (the owner I believe) on his mobile. He said he was on the way into the office and would call in 20 mins. He never did, and has not answered the last 5 or so calls to his mobile. A woman did answer it earlier to say he was in a meeting and that she would remind him to call. Still nothing.

I'm seriously pissed off. Middle of a recession and I'm here with over €10,000 to give them and they treat me like this.

I also rang the dealership a few times (they are open today ). They answer maybe one in every 10 calls (I've made over 70 calls). Crazy way to run a business.

Sh*t that's terrible. Hopefully it's just a case of disgraceful customer service and nothing more though it doesn't sound good. Get over to the dealership tomorrow if you can and don't leave until you get some answers :mad: They can't ignore you face to face. I really hope you get sorted.

Any news CrazyRabbit on your deposit?

Any news CrazyRabbit on your deposit?

Nope. Would help if the owner answered at least one of the 30+ calls I made to his mobile.

There's another guy over on the globalmotorbikes forum who may lose his bike even though he's already paid for it (long story). He's in a worse position, but at least the owner is answering his calls.

Really poor show that they took your money and fed you with shíte about one of the lads heading over to london to pick up your bike

Update & some good news.
    Just got a call from Ducati Dublin. The business is not dissolved. There was some accountancy issues which led to auditors 'freezing' the company and its accounts.

It's resolved now, and they are getting everything back to normal, but it will take a few days to catch up. I've been told that my bike is fully paid for by Ducati Dublin and it just needs to be collected. It was still in its shipping crate and wouldn't fit inside the van they sent over to the UK to collect it. I'll have the bike next wednesday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Update & some good news.
    Just got a call from Ducati Dublin. The business is not dissolved. There was some accountancy issues which led to auditors 'freezing' the company and its accounts.

It's resolved now, and they are getting everything back to normal, but it will take a few days to catch up. I've been told that my bike is fully paid for by Ducati Dublin and it just needs to be collected. It was still in its shipping crate and wouldn't fit inside the van they sent over to the UK to collect it. I'll have the bike next wednesday.

I really hope that's true and not just another story to fob you off!

Thank fúck you're (hopefully) getting it. What is it with bike dealers in ireland?

• Advertisement

KamiKazi wrote: »
    I really hope that's true and not just another story to fob you off!

+1 Really hope it works out for you CrazyRabbit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭paulieeye

If it's this hard just buying the yoke...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭FGR

I'm getting worried myself. I wonder would I be better off simply buying a bike in the UK myself and just put up with the revenue ordeal re: delivery and registration.

At least I'd have the bleedin thing..! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,811 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I'm getting worried myself. I wonder would I be better off simply buying a bike in the UK myself and just put up with the revenue ordeal re: delivery and registration.

There is no revenue ordeal. Just buy it VAT less from the dealer using the VAT411 form and drop into your nearest NCT centre within 7 days of import to pay the VAT and VRT.

You may need to hire a van thought, as I'm not sure how you'd get it back here from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Del2005 wrote: »
    There is no revenue ordeal. Just buy it VAT less from the dealer using the VAT411 form and drop into your nearest NCT centre within 7 days of import to pay the VAT and VRT.

You may need to hire a van thought, as I'm not sure how you'd get it back here from the UK.

You might be able to borrow garrage plates from your friendly bike dealer. :p

I am going to the Adilade bike show in Belfast this weekend, and am going to ask them how this all works, and if it might be any cheaper.

Del2005 wrote: »

Loads of people will collect it for you. We have trucks over/back all the time.....PM me if you need help.

Tbh, I'm not convinced about what <owner> is telling you.....first, he must be making a fortune on your bike to warrant sending a van to UK......350 each way for Ferry + expenses....?....diesel, wages.......nah, sorry, not buying it (sic)......and the the van is too small? What, he doesnt know how big a/the bike is ?........nah, not buying that either......

If the UK puts you off, take a trip up the M1 to N.I...........and buy something you can see standing in front of you....

Finally, I know it's a lot of money, but 1k is a damn sight less to lose than 10k.....you'll get over it. Don't hand over another cent, and try and get your deposit back, now.

Ode To The Motorist

Thanks.

The guy in the van is over in the UK on other business. He goes over twice a week it seems. The shipping crates are quite big (especially in height), so I can see how it may not fit in some vehicles...especially if it's carrying other items as well.

There's still no staff in Ducati Dublin and <owner> still isn't answering his mobile. So I don't know if anything has changed, if there is any delays etc.

If the bike isn't there on Wednesday, I'll find out the name of the guys in the UK that have the bike and deal directly with them.

Any news on this CrazyRabbit?

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Any news on this CrazyRabbit?

Well, Ducati Dublin still have no staff, and the owner has ignored the last 50 or so calls to his mobile.

As I wasn't able to confirm if the bike had reached the Ducati Dublin dealership, I didn't want to potentially waste my money/time going all the way down there.

I'm going to have to take legal action. Breach of contract, or fraud by deception. Need to check with my companies free legal service.

P.S. Are we allowed to solicit the services of professional hitmen on this forum or is it against the charter?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

P.S. Are we allowed to solicit the services of professional hitmen on this forum or is it against the charter?
    I believe that has to be done via PM, some crazy rules round these parts!

**** situation they've put you in, hope you can come to a resolution.

Advertisement