Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final totals and where we are now!

• 30-12-2008 3:07pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wow, this has been a pretty spectactular year all things considered!

We have 3800 or so in the Paypal account, 2300 in the bank account (both boosted significantly by the airsofters), 500 in change from the comedy night, a fistful of dollars that Kharn gave me from the drinks night and we've yet to receive the cheque for the photography book too!

To that we can add a big (big!) palate of toys and games from Boffer (thanks Basquille) and games, ds and tshirts from Popcap games not to mention the xbox and Fifa 08 from the football forum. I have almost certainly forgotten a lot of people here (like Javaboy and his smiley sigs). If so please forgive me as i have the mind of a goldfish on grass and there were literally dozens of different donations for everything from leg waxing to nudity.

We're in a lull at the moment as everyone sleeps off the turkey and I gather all these different bits of donations and find targets for them. I have just remembered that Reads donation of a big box of toys is still in the back of Amps car (who, along with tSubh Dearg has been driving me around the bend, literally for once. :):p )

This wasnt supposed to be a thank you list, but I thought you people should understand the size of the headache you've given me :)

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

well done one and all

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

That's brilliant, great to hear.

Well done to one and all.

Excellent, fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Javaboy: Unforgettably forgettable :(:D

Well done to everybody involved!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ah Javaboy, I followed it with keen interest in fact. I loved the idea and I loved the independance to get off yer arse and do something fun (and it seemed to engage lots of others too!). Kudos :p

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This is what its about, in case we forget :)

Just a brief note to say thank you so much for the gifts we received from your fundraising with the Santa Strike force. I had been gone for a few days and could not believe my eyes today when I seen what you delivered to us.
    Thank you so much for thinking of us at Christmas. The children will spend alot of time in the service over the next week or two as the family environment can be a stressful one for children with Autism and thier families. I have no doubt that the toys and the bouncing castle especially will assist us greatly in entertaining and providing fun stimulating activites for all the children.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas - you deserve it!

Seasons greeting and best wishes from Janet, all the team and the children here in Fernhill

DeV.

Another saturday, another shopping trip. This time in the freezing cold and pouring rain. Thanks have to go to Amp and tSubh Dearg for helping me brave both the vicious weather and the Free Palastine marchers.

We bought tools. Lots and lots and LOTS of power tools. Lots. :)
    Plus a huge amount of arts and crafts and camping gear.

We're T-14 days away from what I've taken to calling "Shock and Awesome!". I've lots of pics and a few bits of video to post but I want to include this one too because its by far and away our biggest strike ever.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I'm very intrigued.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

0_o
    Macros42 wrote: »
    I'm very intrigued.
    You're not the only one ...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

We did a big drop at Barrettstown today. Mr DeV took a video of the haul and embarrassed some poor girl by putting her on the camera too. It was lots of fun, though we spent about an hour trying to find the place from our nearby rendevous point.

Crazy GPS woman sent me and Feylya on a "short cut" of a potted snow filled track. It was an adventure!

People also got stuck in the snow, but most importantly we delivered lots of cool stuff to Barrettstown.

• Advertisement

Yup, we decimated Barretstown's wish list (http://www.barretstown.org/content.asp?contentid=705) with everything from power tools to camping gear, cushions to wellies, stationary to games, decorations for their kids-cottage, lots of fun stuff and about a billion hair beads :)

I have video of a truely embarrassed poor woman who had no idea who the hell we were or what was going on and had to ring to get clearance for us :)

She kept saying "is there anything you need from us" so I shot some video of her. I'll edit it down and put it up in a few days.

Adam got stuck in the snow after saying
    "hey! lets drive in the snow, i always wanted to drive in the snow"
    "we'll get stuck"
    "no we wont"
    "we're stuck"
    "bugger :) "

It will take me a while to get this converted from MP4 to something worth watching. About 2500 worth of stuff easily went to them today, partly in memory of Paul Newman who was a major force in its creation and who passed this year. They get 0 official funding and survive on donations. Its just a shame that this is a drop in the ocean.

Oh, we'll be sponsoring one of their internal magazine production runs too.

DeV.

I still have money to spend so I'm going to have to put my thinking cap on because we've literally hit all the usual targets. Suggestions to my PM box :)

DeV.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Excellent, truly excellent, and fair play to all involved!!

DeVore wrote: »
    Adam got stuck in the snow after saying
    "hey! lets drive in the snow, i always wanted to drive in the snow"
    "we'll get stuck"
    "no we wont"
    "we're stuck"
    "bugger :) "
    Did he ask to be de-drivered? :D :pac:

>_>

<_<

/goes in search of a nuclear proof bunker :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

DeVore wrote: »
    Yup, we decimated Barretstown's wish list (http://www.barretstown.org/content.asp?contentid=705) with power tools, camping gear, cushions, wellies, stationary, games, decorations for their kids-cottage, lots of fun stuff and about a billion hair beads :)

It's this kind of thing that keeps me donating every year. Good work DeV :)

Advertisement