Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Franks RedHot Sauce

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭PhilieQuinn

SteM wrote: »
    They have loads in Fresh down by Hanover Quay. Saw it today but it was expensive - €3.49 for a bottle I think

They've loads in Fresh in Smithfield too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

del88 wrote: »
    What's all this talk about Frank's Hot Sauce.....just noticed there's 320 odd post about it and 30,000 odd views....i'm going to have to get myself some tomorrow.....:p

Yeah - someone post a thread summary and the best ever recipe please!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Raiser wrote: »
    summary: "franks original ceyenne pepper hot sauce" with butter is the single best ever buffalo wing sauce there is, end of story.

full thread on cooking them here, although its a good few pages before anyone found out that franks was the secret ingredient in the sauce: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=144087

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

Have a look at this i put it together myself
    http://jamm222.blogspot.com/
    :D

vibe666 wrote: »
    summary: "franks original ceyenne pepper hot sauce" with butter is the single best ever buffalo wing sauce there is, end of story.

full thread on cooking them here, although its a good few pages before anyone found out that franks was the secret ingredient in the sauce: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=144087

Will read up ASAP - Thanks!!!!
    JAMM222 wrote: »
    Remove the wings from the oven and place them into a large bowl. Pour the sauce over them and mix well, make sure all the wings are coated. Pour them into a bowl and serve them with a cold beer.

Loved it! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

Yeah I am so addicted to the wings that I had them every sunday so far this year. If they ever find something wrong with Irish chicken I am pretty sure I am the first to 'go'.

I am also so addicted to Franks sauce (for wings that is) that I bothered the nice BR marketing guys (importer/distributor for Franks in Ireland) for months to find a place close to Sligo that will stock Franks. For someone without a car its not easy to travel 40mi. to the next closest place that has Franks sauce. In my case that was Carrik-on-Shannon.

Anyways last time I talked to the BR mkt. guy I guess he had enough of me:) and promised to get 1 box of Franks to Dunnes in Sligo and 1 box to centra. And as of last week Dunnes Sligo finally stocks it. So happy. I hope the crazy times finding the sauce is over. Well ppl in the dublin area never had too many problems anyways.

At least my persistence paid off.

Anyways, anyone from/around Sligo, Dunnes stocks the original Franks now.

kendragon wrote: »
    Right... you've got me interested. I'm now mad to try this sauce for myself. Tried Dunnes on the childers road but no dice. Anyone know where to get this sauce in Limerick?

The only place mentioned on the thread where you could buy this in Limerick has just closed down recently.

- Anyone know of anywhere in Limerick that its available?

Hey Raiser , just in case you cant find the answer. Contact BR marketing at [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]+353 1 8850800 and ask them for the phone number of their Representative in the Limerick area.

When you call the rep. he can usually tell you all the places in/around Limerick he sold the sauce to.
    Just letting you know in case nobody can give you an answer.

Good luck
    [/FONT]

rh5555 wrote: »
    Hey Raiser , just in case you cant find the answer. Contact BR marketing at [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]+353 1 8850800 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************+353 1 8850800******end_of_the_skype_highlighting and ask them for the phone number of their Representative in the Limerick area.

When you call the rep. he can usually tell you all the places in/around Limerick he sold the sauce to.
    Just letting you know in case nobody can give you an answer.

Good luck
    [/FONT]

Thanks for that - Do you want me to pass on any message? Or will ya be talking to them yourself later anyhow!!!

P.S. Thanks for wishing me luck in sourcing Franks Red Hot Sauce - This "community" is really something!!!!!!!

LoL Raiser. If you were to talk to the BR mkt. rep. in the NorthWest (Sligo etc.) you could just refer to me as the pushy Franks sauce guy and he would probably know right away:)

Never talked to any other BR mkt. Representative only to the BR marketing HQ. The rep. I talked to was very nice though and usually called me back a few hours later after he looked through his records to find stores he sold the sauce to in my area.

And as I said these are the people that can get the sauce into the stores if the next closest happened to be too far away. If there is some demand for the sauce in a particular area they will just order a box for the stores.
    I was surprised they could just order Franks without actually asking the stores itself but I guess thats not an unusual practice. Plus they probably only order the minimum amount for the first time to see whether it sells or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭SteM

JAMM222 wrote: »

Nice, would never have tought of steaming them first!

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Travel is good

del88 wrote: »
    What's all this talk about Frank's Hot Sauce.....just noticed there's 320 odd post about it and 30,000 odd views....i'm going to have to get myself some tomorrow.....:p
    Oh do.......let us know how you get on!

...If they ever find something wrong with Irish chicken I am pretty sure I am the first to 'go'....
    i'm guessing you missed that report on the news yesterday about irish chicken being some of the worst for 'general' bacteria in europe then? :D

didn't catch the whole thing, but seemingly its so bad they're talking about changing the way they package it to make it leak proof to cut down on the problems.

Ohh, so thats the reason why I sometimes don't feel that great after eating 3pounds of wings:)

Ohh, so thats the reason why I sometimes don't feel that great after eating 3pounds of wings:)
    lol yeah, that'll be what's doing it for sure.

3lb of wings? hmmm, wiiiiings. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

The recommendation to steam the wings before baking is spot on.

I baked a batch without steaming the other day and they were completley dry.

Been steaming them first... oh boy... heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭RaoulDukeHST

I was in Fallon & Byrne the other day and saw they have Franks RedHot Chile'N Lime. Anyone tried it?
    31sJVzwYu5L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mndgz

franks original will be available from next thursday in supervalu tubbercurry from what I hear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

I was in Fallon & Byrne the other day and saw they have Franks RedHot Chile'N Lime. Anyone tried it?
    31sJVzwYu5L._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    Which area Raoul? Wouldn't mind trying this flavour out:)

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Frank's Chile and Lime is tasty enough. Not really for wings, better for barbecue season as a marinade for steaks etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Tesco Cavan.

Not like a Cavan man to appreciate a bargain lol

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭denismac

The only place mentioned on the thread where you could buy this in Limerick has just closed down recently.

- Anyone know of anywhere in Limerick that its available?

Plenty of bottles on the shelves this week in Dunnes Jetland in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭RaoulDukeHST

greenie wrote: »
    Which area Raoul? Wouldn't mind trying this flavour out:)

I saw them in Fallon and Byrne on Wicklow St in Dublin Greenie.
    http://www.fallonandbyrne.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭sparktest

Have been using this hot sauce since some server in Elephant and castle pointed me to Meadows&B...

Quick query, anyone seen or bought similar blue cheese sauce served in E&C?

ta.

Sparktest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I got a giant bottle in Florida last week for $2.99 in a wholesaler.

Woo hoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭rameire

There are always tonnes of bottles of Franks in Dunnes Carlow.
    only have 6 wings to cook tonight
    so ive made a sauce.
    1 large chilli ( seeds included )
    peppercorns
    olive oil
    3 cloves of garlic
    some tomato puree
    will brown off the chicken first on the hob
    then add some finely chopped onion and garlic.
    once the chicken is cooked ill add the sauce and stick it in a heated oven
    but before placing in the oven ill add a coating of franks sauce.

ill report back how it tastes when its cooked

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Auscast

To those who like to boil their chicken first - try my secret trick.
    Either marinade overnight or boil your chicken pieces first in - COCA COLA.
    It's been a secret of mine for ages now - everyone loves 'Simon's Secret Sticky Wings'.
    It involves marinading the wings (in a plastic bag) in Coke, Oyster Sauce, Chili Sauce (Franks these days - it used to be Tabasco), Sesame Oil, Liquid Smoke (if you can get some), Paprika, ginger, garlic and some of the beer that you're drinking at the time. Then the next day, throw the wings on the barby (yep, I'm Aussie), or put under the grill or in the oven. Meanwhile, reduce the leftover marinade in a small pot. The marinade ends up being hot, sweet and sticky (just how I like my women) - then pour over the wings and eat.
    Otherwise, just do the Franks and butter baste.
    You'll be suprised how it tastes. No cola flavour at all - just dark, sweet and hot (mmmm).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭rameire

just a quick catch up.
    ate the wings, were lovely.
    would have been alot better if they were marinaded over night, but the chicken had to be used tonight and i only thought about spicing them up after they were left out of the chicken caserole that I also had for dinner.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

the coca cola (or dr. pepper in some places) thing is a popular one for anything bbq'd in certain parts of the US.

it works really well with racks of ribs too if you slow cook them for about 3-4 hours just in the coca cola and your choice of other bbq type ingredients (any or all of the following to your own taste: franks, worcestershire sauce, mustard, honey, red wine vinegar, muscavado sugar, red sauce, garlic, sweet chilli sauce, hot chilli powder or flakes, smoked paprika). it's kinda weird though seeing the colour disappear out of the liquid as it soaks into the ribs and leave a clear(ish) liquid behind. i would then drain them and reduce all the juices down in a pan with the other ingredients and then continue to cook the ribs and baste them with the reduced liquor every 10-15 minutes until a thick sticky coating develops.

also, if you go into your local supermarket or butchers they can most likely order you in a full rack with all the good meat still on them instead of those skinny yokes you usually get and you can cut them into individual thick rib steaks.

hmmm, riiiibs. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭andy winter

Is this offer still on??

Advertisement