Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RANT: People who dirve badly and get irate at you

• 11-02-2008 6:21pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭

Rant here! Was driving along yesterday by the merrion gates (a main road, with a lead on road with a yield sign at the end) and some old lad just drove right out in front of me. Luckily, I managed to jam on the breaks and blast him, but I still ended up passed him. He then drove up around a foot behind me, lights on full and beeping me the whole way along. I started flashing my fog light to get him to move back but he wouldnt. Then, when we came upto a set of lights, he took out a pen and wrote down my registration number. What a tool. Seriously annoys me when people are blatantly in the wrong, but because you beep at them, they think that they are in the right and you are some pathetic driver. Peoples eduaction levels when it comes to road manners and process's are just shocking in this country.

Rant over.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

How'd you end up in front of him if he drove in front of you and you had to hit the brakes?

Anyway, he's clearly a twat, you probably shouldn't have bothered flashing your fog lights as you're just lowering yourself to his level really. As for taking your reg, if he rings TrafficWatch or the Gardai or whatever it'll be your word versus his so that doesn't matter a damn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Had a similar incident about 2 years ago (L Plates on the car). Was coming into a roundabout outside a shopping centre and clearly had right of way as I was the only car coming from that side. A guy pulled out of the shopping centre (no right of way) and nearly took the side off my car. I blew him out of it and kept on driving but he followed me, flashing the headlights and beeping.

I stopped a bit up the road and he got out and started preaching to me how I should learn the rules of the road and he had right of way blah blah (complete BS). So I offered to call the gardai and he could explain this to them, because I was sure they hadn't heard of these revised rules of the road either. That packed him back into his car fast enough.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

How'd you end up in front of him if he drove in front of you and you had to hit the brakes?

Apologies! He popped out in front of me around half a meter away. There is a lead in lane and when I started beeping he "sort of" pulled to the left, and me to the right.

Advertisement