Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VW Bluemotion for Ireland

Options
  • 11-02-2008 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Rang around a few VW dealers asking when we would see the new low emission / low tax Bluemotion...

Some claimed they never heard of it... ;)
    Others said it would be next year at best.
    Only one admitted it would probably come in with the new tax scheme.

It sounds like VW dealers don't want to get caught with unwanted stock of high emission cars. You can get a standard Golf in 1 week these days.....I remember when it used to be 14 weeks cos there were none to be had anywhere.

It seems a lot of people are waiting to see what the new tax scheme brings...

And the plain fact is that VW are not about to miss out on June/July sales, the Bluemotion will be their flagship car for the new tax system.

Just wait and see....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Polo Bluemotion has been on sale in the UK for quite some time now. I'm sure VW will import the Bluemotion Polo, Golf and Passat in time for July. The Polo and Golf get into the 14% VRT category, while the Passat gets into the 16% VRT category(the Golf and Passat haven't made it to the UK yet).

So far the market has been holding up, sales are up 4% for January compared to Jan 07, however, most of this increase was down to the fact that so many cars were delivered in the first week in January(up 11% apparantly), so I wonder what will happen this month. I would expect that unless you're selling a high emissions car like a 4X4 or an M3 or Porsche etc, that dealers are in for a very quiet few months, though people will come back and get the lower emissions cars in July, so July looks like being a bumper month for new car sales, especially diesels and BMWs in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Be careful though. I think that blue motion golf's and polo's are stripped of all luxuries to make them more efficient.Anyway, there are replacements on their way very soon for both these cars next year.Also rumours of an all new 1.2 TSI engine from VAG.That could shake up thing a lot...

Advertisement