Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to Plug in My Laptop?

• 13-08-2014 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

I'm a UCD student but I can use the Eduroam network here in Trinity.

Where's the best place to plug in my laptop?

I've tried in the Arts block around the black leather seats but all the sockets are an unusual shape.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Raspberry Fileds

UCDCritic wrote: »
    I'm a UCD student but I can use the Eduroam network here in Trinity.

Where's the best place to plug in my laptop?

I've tried in the Arts block around the black leather seats but all the sockets are an unusual shape.

What's the magic word?!

There are a few normal sockets on walls without couches, so you've just got to sit on the floor or pull up a chair.

Don't steal anything :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭UCDCritic

What's the magic word?!

There are a few normal sockets on walls without couches, so you've just got to sit on the floor or pull up a chair.

Don't steal anything :p

I'll pull up a couch instead

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

You could try some of the upper floors of the Arts block too.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

There is one outside the Ed Burke in the Arts Block, opposite the first sofas you come to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭UCDCritic

What other buildings would be available to me?

I've found I can sit in the Science Gallery too, comfortably beside a socket and get the eduroam network.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

If you're around during term time too there's the GMB

Advertisement