Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Work XP

• 02-07-2013 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I am planning on doing Software DEv next year in College,

Would it be worth my while trying to get some work XP this summer to gain some xp in the field?

Would it be hard to get?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Are you talking about Microsoft Windows XP, Extreme programming (XP), or work experience?

If it's work experience then I expect it will be hard to get without some training.

I would recommend that you spend your time learning mobile app development. It's the future and the present! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lefty800

Sorry Work Experience,

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Aswerty

Can't imagine you'll find much in the way of work experience if you haven't already learned the basics of programming. You're best off learning to program in an educational environment or in your own time. There is a huge amount of online resources so all you need is a computer and an internet connection to get going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

mobile app development. It's the future and the present!

really ? What about all the legacy systems, embedded devices (someone has to program the instruction set for those mobile devices, fridges etc), what about the back end that all those mobile devices talk to, the programming of the infrastructure to let your mobile device work, databases, big data etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

amen wrote: »
    really ? What about all the legacy systems, embedded devices (someone has to program the instruction set for those mobile devices, fridges etc), what about the back end that all those mobile devices talk to, the programming of the infrastructure to let your mobile device work, databases, big data etc

That's a hell of a lot for the OP to get through in just one summer! OP hasn't even started first year yet! :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement