Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gutters

• 18-08-2014 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

We need someone to look at our gutters and to tell us whether they just need to be cleared out and cleaned, or if they need replacing. This probably sounds like a stupid question, but am I looking for a builder or is there such a thing as a gutter expert? I don't know where to begin, but I do need to sort it soon as in any heavy rain water pours down the front of the house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭BarneyMc

Gangu wrote: »
    We need someone to look at our gutters and to tell us whether they just need to be cleared out and cleaned, or if they need replacing. This probably sounds like a stupid question, but am I looking for a builder or is there such a thing as a gutter expert? I don't know where to begin, but I do need to sort it soon as in any heavy rain water pours down the front of the house.

Anyone with a ladder, bucket and head for heights can clean them out. Do that and if they still give trouble then you might need to replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Lyncher2014

are they leaking at the joiners or just over flowing at the edge ? there's a rubber seal on each joint, that may have worn away. as barney said they may just need to be cleaned out. iv'e seen enough muck build up and grass growing in them before that would fill a window box

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bellajeff

Snip

Mod Note: No ads thanks. Read the forum charter.

Advertisement