Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Which stations (if any) are live this christmas?

Options
  • 24-12-2014 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Everyone doing VT for this time of year again?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Fm104 are mostly, daytime definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Red fm

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Red fm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

Scott Mills is live on BBC Radio 1 breakfast for Christmas morning.

We listen to it every year - just great Christmas music, some fun features (him and his sidekick Chris buy each other's mums presents and they open them live with the two of them having no idea what they got- very funny stuff usually) and he's also my favourite radio presenter so it's perfect to have on in the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭radioland

Done a scan and I'd say most precorded even if they ain't quite admitting it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭smallfridge

Red fm, 96fm, fm 104, live95 were all live.

Radio Kerry was live for the morning and Early afternoon.

Not sure about today fm but it sounded live (that's the trick)

I'm assuming rte was live news

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Poppin Fresh

96FM, Red FM, C103 and CUH FM were all live when i was in the car around 9ish in Cork City.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I'm assuming rte was live news

Cathal Shannon and John Creedon were live yesterday. After that it was documentaries all the way until Late Date with Aoengus MacAnally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

Cathal Shannon and John Creedon were live yesterday. After that it was documentaries all the way until Late Date with Aoengus MacAnally.

I thought Cathal O'Shannon died in 2011 or did you really mean to say Cathal Murray ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

RTÉ Radio One around 12midnight on Christmas Eve going into Christmas Day 01:00am had a news bulletin that was completely drowned out by some music which started playing and was never pulled off air. I quickly switched over to RTÉ 2fm and the exact same news bulletin was being broadcast but on 2fm I was able to listen to the news broadcast without the music screaming alongside it. If I am not mistaken, Radio 1 was caught out again last Summer when Christmas themed music was playing for a few hours overnight and I think it happened 2 nights in a row all because someone never reported as scheduled for work on Late Date so it went on automatic but nobody bothered to ensure that the playlist was appropriate for the time of year. I think poor Cathal Murray was in the embarrassing position of having to apologise for the whole mess when he commenced his early shift later that morning. However; it seems clear that RTÉ Radio One needs to get it's act together during holiday cover periods as standards seem to be careless and sloppy from the national broadcaster in this regard.

Anyone charged with devising an automated playlist needs to be given a crash-course in time schedules and allow for news bulletins of a certain duration at the top of the hour, every hour. This is basic stuff - even the former illegal pirate radio stations did a better job in this respect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

103.2 Dublin City FM was live at breakfast time Christmas Day & St. Stephen's Day.

Advertisement