Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

thanks.

Another quick question..For those who have been married recently..

The name that coincides with my ppsn number is my maiden name...not my married name.

Can i put my married name on this form? (and then my maiden name under "birth surname") i havent officially changed my name..not sure how!?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Have you brought the thing you signed on the day of your wedding (can't think of the name of it) into the births/deaths/marriages office?
    I think when you do that,it automatically adds your married name to your pps number.that was all I did and my pps number was then in my married name

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Have you brought the thing you signed on the day of your wedding (can't think of the name of it) into the births/deaths/marriages office?
    I think when you do that,it automatically adds your married name to your pps number.that was all I did and my pps number was then in my married name

i did, well my sister did, i have yet to go in and get our actual cert...

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

I'd just put your married name on it then coz once that goes in,it's all tied in with your pps number.and put your maiden name as your birth surname

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

iron tablets are causing havoc with my stomach, sorry for the tmi but im having such problems having a bowl movements that earlier i think i tore my perineum ouch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

silly wrote: »
    Are these braxton hicks ye talk of, a pain right across your lower abdomen?? thats what i get, only maybe twice a day or so...They are rather uncomfortable, but usually if i sit way back in my chair here at work, it eases..

Yep that sounds like them. Sometimes they don't hurt, just feel like your tummy tightening & bunching up. It's weird cos it's completely involuntary, it's not like clenching your stomach muscles.
    kildareash wrote: »
    The nurse in the hospital was recommending I go to some breastfeeding workshop that they run every month or something. She said they show you videos and stuff...I'm not sure. Although, I'm planning on feeding myself, I do feel awful pressure when the nurses are telling you about it. They make it sound so simple and I'm left thinking I'm going to fail at this and it's the most natural thing in the world!

You might be better off going to one of those La Leche meetings, they are all over the country and there will be actual breastfeeding mums there so you'll hear it all from the horses mouth. I'm hoping they're helpful anyway.
    cyning wrote: »
    so he's going to bring me shoe shopping and macdonalds instead :D

Nice compromise!

javagal wrote: »
    iron tablets are causing havoc with my stomach, sorry for the tmi but im having such problems having a bowl movements that earlier i think i tore my perineum ouch!

Ouch! Are you able to switch to maybe the spatone sachets or Floradix, might be easier on the tummy. I find those galfer iron tablets hardcore. I was given them to take when I had donated blood once and even then had major reactions to them!

Mink wrote: »

Ouch! Are you able to switch to maybe the spatone sachets or Floradix, might be easier on the tummy. I find those galfer iron tablets hardcore. I was given them to take when I had donated blood once and even then had major reactions to them!

yeah maybe i Will switch, they are very harsh!
    orange juice and brown bread for dinner!

my oh was working on my way to college so i dropped him off this morning and headed into study for a few hours, this was 8 am. he told me he'd be finished at 2. 4 hours later im the only loser in college on Friday,

i could punch a bunny rabbit i.m in such a foul mood

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

i could punch a bunny rabbit i.m in such a foul mood

Oh god that made me laugh I'm really sorry Java but that very funny :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Went pram/buggy shopping with OH today... traumatised. rocking back and forth in a corner under a blanket, whimpering. OH not much better. lads, I want out!

Went pram/buggy shopping with OH today... traumatised. rocking back and forth in a corner under a blanket, whimpering. OH not much better. lads, I want out!

I felt like that first time too: seriously that's a perfectly normal reaction :D

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

NyquistFreak my hubby run fron shop after first visit at mothercare.
    and we spend earlier few weeks looking at prams online

I'm so pissed off at ma oh.
    he promissed that overweekend we will finish with nursery. and when I get home from job he told me that actually there is passibility to play over weekend as beta testrt of Diablo 3.
    i know he waited few years for this game etc. but why now?

so instead of relaxing I will be upset as I know him well enough to be sure he will spend most of weekend in front of pc :-(

Saurelin wrote: »
    I'm so pissed off at ma oh.
    he promissed that overweekend we will finish with nursery. and when I get home from job he told me that actually there is passibility to play over weekend as beta testrt of Diablo
    i know he waited few years for this game etc. but why now?

so instead of relaxing I will be upset as I know him well enough to be sure he will spend most of weekend in front of pc :-(

That's like my fella now but with skyrim, bah! Enjoy it now boys, I predict the cd will be so allergic to baby that it will mysteriously stop working come July. Mysteriously.

Also, if it makes you feel any better lady, we're just moved into rented house, our bed in the main room collapsed! so we had to move into baby room while we wait for the landlord to come take away the broken bit and bring a new bit over, our stuff is everywhere, baby stuff everywhere, mess coming out my ears! I remember the nice thought of setting up a nursery in good time, and all I can do is laugh like a psychotic maniac at my own naivetey. I remember being sane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Saurelin wrote: »
    he promissed that overweekend we will finish with nursery. and when I get home from job he told me that actually there is passibility to play over weekend as beta testrt of Diablo 3.

My hubby is waiting desperately for this one too - but he said to tell your hubby that he can do one coat of paint, and then play while it dries :)
    That's like my fella now but with skyrim, bah!
    I'm the one playing Skyrim in our house, I want to finish it before the baby is born. I'm going to have serious PS3 withdrawal when baby comes!

Off to the baby market thing soon - really excited about it too!

That's like my fella now but with skyrim, bah! Enjoy it now boys, I predict the cd will be so allergic to baby that it will mysteriously stop working come July. Mysteriously.

Also, if it makes you feel any better lady, we're just moved into rented house, our bed in the main room collapsed! so we had to move into baby room while we wait for the landlord to come take away the broken bit and bring a new bit over, our stuff is everywhere, baby stuff everywhere, mess coming out my ears! I remember the nice thought of setting up a nursery in good time, and all I can do is laugh like a psychotic maniac at my own naivetey. I remember being sane.

My OH knows that if he will go overboard with playing I will be a bitch from hell:P
    Last time when he crossed me I turned off power in our apartment :P
    And I wasn't pregnant back then ;-)

I work 50 hours a week, when I get home from work I don't have strength to clean so only chance are weekends, and I can't sleep peacefully when I know how many things I have to finish :/

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

We should be at that baby market thing but had to come to Dublin to get clothes for the wedding...you can tell what great shoppers we are from the fact we are shopping with less than 3 weeks to go :D

I have been waiting for sorcery to be released for what seems like years & it looks like it might get released just in time for the babies arrival :rolleyes: cos I'll have so much time then!

Kash I knew that Diablo 3 is coming so I forced him to paint nursery before :P
    but room require cleaning and I can't reach all places or wash window (doctors order) so he need to do it, and shelves need to be placed on walls etc.

He is playing Star Wars recently and it drives me mad.

It really is overwhelming with the choices, sales pitches and then all the "advice" that you can't tell what's good advice or bad advice!

I'm really glad OH doesn't play video games or watch sports. Likewise I'd say he's glad I don't watch soaps or want to go clothes shopping all the time! Not that there's anything wrong with these things but they are the usual stereotypes that the opposite sex gets annoyed with!

Well got my dream genie and tried it out last night. Felt pretty cosy snuggled up in it and I was able to lean back and be supported but without lying totally flat.

I think little man is having another growth spurt, I can't shake the tiredness, my bump is just massive, I put on 3 lbs in a couple days and my hips are aching (maybe from stretching?).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I'm not a ps3 widow...but still can't get anything done in the house! I bought paint for some rooms last summer and it's still unopened in the shed!

I cried watching the last few minutes of Betty's wake in coronation street this morn!ha! I don't even watch coronation street but paused when flicking around this morn! Must have needed the cry!!!

Off to Cork for a relatives surprise birthday party tonight. My mum is babysitting the mutleys...because in her words we won't be going anywhere for a long time once baby is born! I think she's secretly disappointed about that. She treats our dogs as good as she treats the grand kids!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

My OH doesn't even know how to switch on a computer!!! So that's lucky :D but I am addicted to Hidden Chronicles on FB. But luckily OH thinks it's work......and when I'm at home in my own house he can't see what I'm doing mwahahaha

We bought the Mothercare Travel System yesterday. Pleased as punch with myself. Now to organise my hospital bag and get a cot!

I balled crying watching the Late Late Show last night. Those poor women having to go through all that trauma!!!! OH thought I was crying because I threw a strop earlier about going down on the bus with a large group of friends to the races on Tuesday. They are all getting a bus down so they can drink their heads off, that's grand but I'm not drinking. Last year it took about 2 hours to get some of the drunk girls back to the bus. So I just said I'd drive down. OH not impressed........

Just back from the baby market, I picked up a quinny pram buggy yoke in perfect condition all for 130 beans, delighted! well that's last nights freak out sorted anyway, not that I'd have known the difference between a travel system and a nice wheelbarrow like, but got a demo on that same one in mothercare now last night so happy out :) head down early if ye're going at all girls, in and out pretty quickly we were, but smug as fook now I am! :D

Oh I bawled watching the Late Late too: sometimes I really really hate how backwards things are here. To have the trauma of all that: and then to have to leave the country. I was so upset :mad:

Just as we were leaving the house to go shoe shopping hubbie gets a phonecall that the electrician never came to fix his freezer in work yesterday: so he's off to rescue all his food for the week: I have never ever heard anyone curse as much as he just did :p we'll still have time once he rescues his legs of lamb though!

Nyquist glad your all sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

cyning wrote: »
    Oh I bawled watching the Late Late too: sometimes I really really hate how backwards things are here. To have the trauma of all that: and then to have to leave the country. I was so upset :mad:

It makes me so mad too, there's a thread on after hours that I was involved in and then a pro life christian came on board and is literally shoving the bible down our throats. So I stopped because there's no point getting stressed over some plonker on the internet :D

It seems to me the majority of the population want medical abortions to be allowed. My OH was horrfied at what those 3 women went through.

Anyway enough of the bad stuff, I'm working up in Dub today and can't wait to use my lunch break to look in a few baby shops!!!

Cyning I'm drooling over the thoughts of roast leg of lamb!!! :D

ooh my sister and brother in law rock! just bought us the maxi cosi seat and base , feel bad that they spent so much money but they just showed up with it woo

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Seriously are pregnant women not meant to do anything fancy!?! Just spent 5 hours looking in shops & all I got was a cute outfit for the baby :)
    If anyone can recommend a good maternity shop in limerick, Clare or Galway or even Dublin I would appreciate it! I don't do dresses so it's a little more difficult :)

Twomums, good luck finding a good fancy pants maternity shop in Limerick, I actually just gave up when I was looking! You might have more luck in Cork alright, not been down that way in a long time though!...I'll be in Galway for a few hours next Friday and will have a look around, if I come across anything I'll let you know!
    Maternity clothes I've come across so far are all really frumpy and terrible altogether, seriously lads if ye know anyone into fashion design I'd say there's money to be made in sorting out the market! Would you consider finding something nice non-maternity stylee, and bringing it to a dressmakers perhaps to alter to suit your shape? I'm sure there's someone around who should be up to that kind of challenge?

TwoMums did you checked Next and M&S?
    I know in Dundrum they had a quite nice collection some time ago

two mums , if you have time check new look or Asos online x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Seriously are pregnant women not meant to do anything fancy!?! Just spent 5 hours looking in shops & all I got was a cute outfit for the baby :)
    If anyone can recommend a good maternity shop in limerick, Clare or Galway or even Dublin I would appreciate it! I don't do dresses so it's a little more difficult :)

there is a good maternity clothes shop in galway if ur looking for somethin nice and dressy. more of a maternity.boutique style than chain shop. i got a lovely pair of jeans but they had loads of dressy outfits for upcoming galway races/festivals. its called modern maternity and there is s website if u Google maternity clothes shop galway. There is def nothing in entire co Clare anyway if it helps narrow ur search!

Advertisement