Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Sophie is nearly 20, is she not? It's not like she's an innocent little schoolgirl. The whole storyline is desperate.

I wonder who will be Tracey's first customer? What are the odds on Audrey having to pawn stuff in order to pay for the repairs to her house?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

What are the odds on Audrey having to pawn stuff in order to pay for the repairs to her house?
    You should go and ask for the odds in Peter's bookmak... oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

Loyd calls this Brenda we never see "Fat Brenda" and no one says anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Red Kev wrote: »
    I was pretty sure that Hayley told her to go and not bother waiting?

Agree that Sophie is becoming a right bitch, she has a dig at Paul across the street, then everybody uses the "she's only a teenager" defence. Pathetic.

She did tell her not to bother waiting, she also refused a lift to the hospital in the first place. I just thought Carla might as well have waited a little longer for her. A scan shouldn't take that long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I know we slag Paul for being small but I noticed the other night that he is actually taller than Lloyd.

syklops wrote: »
    I know we slag Paul for being small but I noticed the other night that he is actually taller than Lloyd.
    He's not just small in stature! He's lacking in charisma and likeability, which Lloyd has in buckets.

He's not just small in stature! He's lacking in charisma and likeability, which Lloyd has in buckets.

Yeah Lloyd is great. Thats an added annoyance about this storyline. Lloyd is coming across as petty as well. And Sophie is being self righteous which is nauseating.

I love Ann22's comment about Jenna. "Some sort of Jim Henson creation". With her goggly eyes and her tilted head smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Acccording to IMDB Eileen is 5'9", Paul is 5'8" and Lloyd is 5'7.5", Paul just looks small beside Eileen as Sue Cleaver is a big woman anyway (I saw her waiting for someone in Manchester Airport a few years back).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Was silly Sophie calling the Fire Station at the end of the programme to tell the Fire Chief that Paul is racist? She'll put the cat amongst the pigeons for sure if that's what she's up to with Paul already in trouble at work. Sally and Kevin managed to breed two girls as thick as themselves squared! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

:eek::confused: Really?

I wonder if they will bring back Hayley's son for a reconcilation? Remember when he was briefly onscreen a few years back and I think he beat Hayley up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    I wonder if they will bring back Hayley's son for a reconcilation? Remember when he was briefly onscreen a few years back and I think he beat Hayley up.

Well fcuk me...I forgot about that, maybe he's gone off down the forgetful highway to nowhereland where Michelle's real son currently resides.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Hayley has a son :confused::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Well technically Harold had a son, pre Haley

dixiedan wrote: »
    Hayley has a son :confused::eek:

Stole this from Wikipedia:

Following the death of her aunt Monica in September 2007, Hayley discovers she has an adult son Christian Gatley (Andrew Turner) as a result of a single forgotten pre-operative liaison when she was still living as Harold. She hires a private investigator to track him down, and eventually introduces herself as his aunt. Roy becomes suspicious when he sees that money has been withdrawn from their joint bank account, and confronts Hayley, at which point she tells Roy everything. He is upset at the deception, as he had thought Hayley had been, like him, a virgin before they began their relationship. Following pressure from Roy to tell Christian how they are actually related, Hayley finally reveals the truth during a private moment by the river. Christian does not take it well and storms off. Hayley pleads with him to understand, but during her protests, Christian lashes out and hits Hayley across the face. On her return to the cafe, she makes it clear that she blames Roy for everything and this caused problems in her marriage. The couple then decide to take a three-week break from their jobs and go camping in a bid to mend their issues. Following this, in October 2007, Hayley leaves the Street to go on volunteer work in Mozambique for a year.

Ann22 wrote: »
    Well fcuk me...I forgot about that, maybe he's gone off down the forgetful highway to nowhereland where Michelle's real son currently resides.

Easily one of THE most crap storylines ever. One Our Ry-yaaan is bad enough, but two of them???

Easily one of THE most crap storylines ever. One Our Ry-yaaan is bad enough, but two of them???

Why has he his mothers maiden name and not his fathers? After all, she was married to his father?

Why has he his mothers maiden name and not his fathers? After all, she was married to his father?

She was 15 when she had him, so she wouldn't have been married to his Dad when she had him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Gary putting the changing table together now and the baby due home today....

I wonder did they think to buy clothes and nappies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

oh I wish they'd just kill hayley off tonight and just get it over with, can't bear to watch it being dragged out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,754 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Sophie complaining Paul to work served absolutely no purpose than to stir sh!t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Sophie complaining Paul to work served absolutely no purpose than to stir sh!t.

"Jenna are we still alright?" eh No she just stormed out on you! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

stupid selfish sophie my god she's such an idiot bet the writers regret not killing her off when they had (several) chances

Is there anything as lazy or cliche as the "paint fight between young lovers"?

Has anyone ever actually fought with their loved one with paint?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Is there anything as lazy or cliche as the "paint fight between young lovers"?

Has anyone ever actually fought with their loved with paint?

I've fought with him over paint that needed doing :D

Gary feeling all left out I think....

:eek: The colour of Katie!

oh I wish they'd just kill hayley off tonight and just get it over with, can't bear to watch it being dragged out :(

Yeah I know. If it were possible I would hire a hit man to take her out. 9mm, back of the head on the Red Rec. That would be easier to watch than weeks of watching the inevitable unfold.

Ah jesus Paul, just leave it. This is getting cringey now. At least punch him for ****s safe. Allegations and sniping is like something out of play school.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Chucken wrote: »
    Ing :D

Gary feeling all left out I think....

:eek: The colour of Katie!

Gary is such a plank. Feeling all left out and pathetic .
    I'd literally never tire of belting the likes of him :(

Tonights episode thus far has been farcical.

• Advertisement

Lisha wrote: »
    Gary is such a plank. Feeling all left out and pathetic .
    I'd literally never tire of belting the likes of him :(

Theres a lot of planks in tonights episode.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement