Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IEC Visa Refusal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭can2011

jimmybeige wrote: »
    I got my refusal email on thursday last week, the application got back to me yesterday. So I guess it takes about 2/3 working days after they send the email.

What was wrong with your application?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Jimmmy McNulty

can2011 wrote: »
    Can you think of anything else that may have been the refusal reason? I checked mine a ton of times.

I'm just guessing but everything I come up with seems to have been included on the application of a friend who was successful! So annoying!

I have noticed from people who have been accepted is that they have a number at the bottom of their three page IEC form which is the same as the download certificate! My form didn't have that and any form I download now doesn't have it either!

There is a question on the application- have you or a member of your family ever applied for a canadian immigration visa.I was on the USIT Under 35 visa last year so do I have to click yes? I clicked yes - maybe it was reason for refusal

I'm just guessing but everything I come up with seems to have been included on the application of a friend who was successful! So annoying!

I have noticed from people who have been accepted is that they have a number at the bottom of their three page IEC form which is the same as the download certificate! My form didn't have that and any form I download now doesn't have it either!

I had the bar code number on the bottom of the 1st page of the 3 page application form and it still got refused

Other things I can think of; 1.the download certficiate did not have my middle name on it so i wrote it in. Was your middle name on it? 2. I was still on my under 35 visa when applying even though i do not think this matters, 3.i ticked the 'have you ever applied for a canadian immigration visa' question on form as 'yes', 4.my nationality would not come up on the form so i wrote it in, and 5.for the 'if you do not live in your country of birth, when did you leave' question i said i am on a 2010 canadian visa.

If you had any of these let me know - may be it is the issue. When do you think you will get it back from france. This week maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

Other things I can think of; 1.the download certficiate did not have my middle name on it so i wrote it in. Was your middle name on it?

Initially I did the same as you, but I reapplied with my middle name and printed the forms again because I wanted to make 100% sure I wouldn't be rejected...

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

What was wrong with your application?

I downloaded the application kit on the 17th, and they have made changes to the kit since. The "Misrepresentation of a crime" form was not mentioned in the checklist I downloaded and as a result I did not include it. I don't think they even went through my application, rejected it immediately for this reason.

Another small change they've made to the application since is the application number appeared on the first page of the IEC application in the early version of the kit. It doesn't appear now. I doubt it matters either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

I downloaded the application kit on the 17th, and they have made changes to the kit since. The "Misrepresentation of a crime" form was not mentioned in the checklist I downloaded and as a result I did not include it. I don't think they even went through my application, rejected it immediately for this reason.

I hate to tell you this Jimmy, but it was asked for. They misleadingly called it the Visa Section “Declaration Form” and they asked for it in addition to the IEC Declaration Form.

I sent my application from Canada last Friday (28th). I used a copy police cert (I already submitted the original to usit last year)

I got an email this morning saying they received it.

And an email this afternoon saying it's conditionally accepted. :D

Jimmy, given that they're going through applications pretty quickly I advise you to send a new application off by express post as soon as possible.

This doesn't make a difference. When I noticed the application form had changed I used the new one which doesn't have the number on the bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

Can you think of anything else that may have been the refusal reason? I checked mine a ton of times.

for people living in dublin. or ireland.. get it a week later.. canada obviously more.. em.. what about the cheklists?/? they have to be ticked off and signed.. and the two.. declaration forms. IEC/Visa sectioning.. maby that was left out??

ORIGINAL police certificates are required ...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    for people living in dublin. or ireland.. get it a week later.. canada obviously more.. em.. what about the cheklists?/? they have to be ticked off and signed.. and the two.. declaration forms. IEC/Visa sectioning.. maby that was left out??

And how do you know originals are required ? has the embassy told you this ??

GGirl. Just a small point, but "..." isn't really punctuation. Mix things up a bit with comma's and line breaks. </grammar nazi>

The checklist is pretty self-explanatory. When you have your application complete make sure you have included a copy of your passport, 2 passport photos, c.v., police cert, bank confirmation letter and that your application/declarations are signed in 6 places. Any fewer and you're missing something!

Regarding the DECLARATION FORM -It is mandatory that you tick each of the boxes (someone on here didn't and their application was declined).

As for police cert. Personally, i think you should include the original.
    However, as it's my second year applying and my police cert is still in date (1 year since it was issued) I included a copy and it was accepted at stage 1.

For your peace of mind, before sending it off put everything through a photocopier! I did this and it really put my mind at ease when the paranoid folk of boards.ie started listing all the things they might have done wrong.

gustafo wrote: »

well it is an Embassy.. kind of importnat they get the real thing!!

gustafo wrote: »

It is an Embassy it is important they see the real thing!!!

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    GGirl. Just a small point, but "..." isn't really punctuation. Mix things up a bit with comma's and line breaks. </grammar nazi>

The checklist is pretty self-explanatory. When you have your application complete make sure you have included a copy of your passport, 2 passport photos, c.v., police cert, bank confirmation letter and that your application/declarations are signed in 6 places. Any fewer and you're missing something!

Regarding the DECLARATION FORM -It is mandatory that you tick each of the boxes (someone on here didn't and their application was declined).

As for police cert. Personally, i think you should include the original.
    However, as it's my second year applying and my police cert is still in date (1 year since it was issued) I included a copy and it was accepted at stage 1.

For your peace of mind, before sending it off put everything through a photocopier! I did this and it really put my mind at ease when the paranoid folk of boards.ie started listing all the things they might have done wrong.

Right!! and so what!!! ill mess up my punctuation if i wish on here!!. Oh cool. most police certificates are out of date 3 months. Maby i should check the top of my police certificate page and find out the number to see how long its in date. Is the there a website to check ? Thank you .

well it is an Embassy.. kind of importnat they get the real thing!!

Honestly.. where do you get this from?

They only request a copy of your passport and bank confirmation letter.

They want originals of your applications and declarations.

The police cert is a tough one, in that nowhere does it say they will accept a copy. Personally, I would hesitate in sending a copy. You should take a copy, keep it yourself, and send the original to them.

Honestly.. where do you get this from?

They only request a copy of your passport and bank confirmation letter.

They want originals of your applications and declarations.

The police cert is a tough one, in that nowhere does it say they will accept a copy. Personally, I would hesitate in sending a copy. You should take a copy, keep it yourself, and send the original to them.

I know!!!!... their requirements for documentation is not clear. It is not right. This will be a learning process for future applications or submitions to any Embassy. This is why people go to agencies bc/ they know their hidden requirements and standard to apply.

I know!!!!... their requirements for documentation is not clear. It is not right. This will be a learning process for future applications or submitions to any Embassy. This is why people go to agencies bc/ they know their hidden requirements and standard to apply.

Personally, I think agencies are a waste of time. But, for some reason a lot of people get confused when filling out large volumes of paperwork. I don't think we can blame the embassy for that.

As for police certs, they're valid for 3 months from the date you SUBMIT your application.. see here

From this link it's quite clear that copies aren't accepted, otherwise it would have said. It goes as far as to say if your police cert is not in English, you should submit it with an original copy of a translation. An original copy means an original by the way!

However if you're applying for a second visa and currently in Canada on a working holiday visa, your original police cert is valid provided it's still in date one year after they review your application! Once again its easy to see how that may cause confusion :/

I sent my application from Canada last Friday (28th). I used a copy police cert (I already submitted the original to usit last year)

I got an email this morning saying they received it.

And an email this afternoon saying it's conditionally accepted. :D

Jimmy, given that they're going through applications pretty quickly I advise you to send a new application off by express post as soon as possible.

Did you tick the box asking whether you had 'ever applied for a canadian immigration visa' and if so what did you put in the box asking for details? Also, what did you put for the question asking 'if you do not live in your country of birth, what year did you leave?'.

• Advertisement

Personally, I think agencies are a waste of time. But, for some reason a lot of people get confused when filling out large volumes of paperwork. I don't think we can blame the embassy for that.

As for police certs, they're valid for 3 months from the date you SUBMIT your application.. see here

From this link it's quite clear that copies aren't accepted, otherwise it would have said. It goes as far as to say if your police cert is not in English, you should submit it with an original copy of a translation. An original copy means an original by the way!

However if you're applying for a second visa and currently in Canada on a working holiday visa, your original police cert is valid provided it's still in date one year after they review your application! Once again its easy to see how that may cause confusion :/

em yes.. Oh that was strange, you mean they asked for the police certificate on the plane?? . Yeah this year they didnt state anything about copies not accepted!!! for police certificate that is . Yes 3 months for police certificate. I dont get the one year after in date thing..

Did you tick the box asking whether you had 'ever applied for a canadian immigration visa' and if so what did you put in the box asking for details? Also, what did you put for the question asking 'if you do not live in your country of birth, what year did you leave?'.

I ticked "yes" and wrote "currently on swap/u35 1 year open employment visa. it expires in Nov 2011. Irish citizens are allowed to apply to the iec visa even if they previously participated on a working holiday maker programme."

regarding "if you no longer live in the country of your birth, what year did you leave.. I wrote "November 2010 (to visit canada)"

I also included a copy of my police cert and wrote on it "Please note, this is a copy. The original was submitted to usit/London embassy in 2010 and is still valid. I am currently in canada and unable to obtain a new one".. in retrospect, i should have left out "unable to" and instead wrote "not required to".

All in all, yes I jotted down a few extra notes but I just wanted to make sure everything went as smooth as possible, and that they thought twice before rejecting it.

It passed the first check, now i just need to arrange payment and it will go to the next stage.

I ticked "yes" and wrote "currently on swap/u35 1 year open employment visa. it expires in Nov 2011. Irish citizens are allowed to apply to the iec visa even if they previously participated on a working holiday maker programme."

regarding "if you no longer live in the country of your birth, what year did you leave.. I wrote "November 2011 (to visit canada)"

I also included a copy of my police cert and wrote on it "Please note, this is a copy. The original was submitted to usit/London embassy in 2010 and is still valid. I am currently in canada and unable to obtain a new one".. in retrospect, i should have left out "unable to" and instead wrote "not required to".

All in all, yes I jotted down a few extra notes but I just wanted to make sure everything went as smooth as possible, and that they thought twice before rejecting it.

It passed the first check, now i just need to arrange payment and it will go to the next stage.

I had to write in my middle name to the download certificate and had to write in Irish as nationality on the form - do you think that is why?

I had to write in my middle name to the download certificate and had to write in Irish as nationality on the form - do you think that is why?

No, I also made a handwritten amendment on the form. You're allowed to.
    Chances are you made some other mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Jimmmy McNulty

regarding "if you no longer live in the country of your birth, what year did you leave.. I wrote "November 2010 (to visit canada)"

Good answers. may as well spell it out for them!

Is it definite you have to tick all the boxes?
    I acknowledge that my dependent(s) (i.e. wife/husband, child/children) can NOT accompany me to Canada under this program. My dependent(s) must submit a separate application to enter Canada; for example, as an IEC initiative participant, visitor, student or worker. (If you do not have any dependents, instead of ticking the box, please write “N/A” over it, by hand.)

The above would suggest that you do not tick this box unless you have dependents and instead write N/A.

Good answers. may as well spell it out for them!

Did you receive your application?

Is it definite you have to tick all the boxes?

The above would suggest that you do not tick this box unless you have dependents and instead write N/A.

Em.. if you had ticked this box than it would be correct as you are agreeing to your wife/husband/kids to apply seperatly and to not accompany you.

Em.. if you had ticked this box than it would be correct as you are agreeing to your wife/husband/kids to apply seperatly and to not accompany you.

If you have a wife/husband/kids. If not, it states not to tick he box:
    If you do not have any dependents, instead of ticking the box, please write “N/A” over it, by hand.

• Advertisement

If you have a wife/husband/kids. If not, it states not to tick he box:

yes ..

Advertisement