Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best place to sell a jeep

Options
  • 28-04-2008 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭

hi all

where is the best place to advertise a jeep? i have mine up on carzone and the likes but have had no interest is there any specific commerical motor advertising sites?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Carzone is probably best. You can also use www.buyandsell.ie and local papers.
    Post the link and we can give feedback on your ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Hi,

First off, its a crewcab - not a jeep.
    There is no interior shots - you need those.
    A shot of the cargo bed in the back would be good too, to prove it hasn't been a builders crewcab - or has it?
    Has the timing belt been done - its doesn't say - this can put people off.
    The price seems ok, but you say 12k, why not €11955 keeping it in the 11's.
    a line about 5 seats and commercial tax would be good too for the ediots out there.

TBH tho', there are stacks off crewbabs and jeeps for sale out there........you'll just have to ride it out and see.

it hasnt been used as a builders jeep...well not by me... good line about the tax...and its a timing chain so it doesnt need replacing...ill edit the add cheers

Good stuff.......Ad all of the above.......
    best of luck

• Advertisement

ok ckeck the add now? im only allowed 5 photos and have included one of the front interior

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

As said above, interior shots. Service history?
    Adding "must sell" makes me think "I'll just wait for him to drop the price and then I'll swoop in".
    There are a lot of petrol guzzling SUVs out there, selling for the same reasons as yourself. It could take ages to move this truck. Is this the 3.0 litre Turbo diesel? What's the MPG?

Btw, excellent, not "exccellent".

ya my english sucks... its the 2.5 model im getting 100-110 from 20 quid in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

TBH, the pictures don're really show off the car. Were they taken on a dull wet evening with a mobile phone?

Take new photo's on a sunny day with a reasonable camera

ya i had intended to take new photos....cheers

• Advertisement

This will get this jeep sold -

Farmers love their crewcabs - and she looks like a good honest decent one. Get a sign made up - FOR SALE, NEW DOE, NEW SERVICE, €9995 AND YOUR MOBILE NO).
    park her up in a good visible spot at the next big LIVESTOCK MART locally.
    She'll get some interest there...........as she's getting none parked at the back of the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

Your ad needs better photos and be prepared to drop your price a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

You will reach a much wider audience with the Autotrader.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Stick an ad in the farmers journal or your local newspaper.

Farmers & Builders (and I don't mean this disrespectfully) generally don't use the internet much. And they are your target audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

TommyT wrote: »
    You will reach a much wider audience with the Autotrader.

I have always had better feedback from buyandsell, carzone second and autotrader last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Jeeps are'nt made by nissan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

groupb wrote: »
    Jeeps are'nt made by nissan.

You know what he means.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭philidub

Hey id love some feedback too:)
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Ford/Focus/1.4-ZETEC(Warranty/965879/

Ive found out i cant extend warranty becuase its over two years old(six weeks over!!)so ive edited it this evening but carzone hasnt changed it yet

Ive had it up for six weeks...i think its a great price and its low mileage etc but hasnt moved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

Regarding phildub Focus; there are on carzone 662 number 2006 forsale and 673 2005 focus. the cheapest 05 new model is asking 8950(high miles) but this is what your up against. ther's also 484 focus 2007 with one @16000 asking with 18k miles. So theres roughly 1800 like yours available. Supply and demand = radical price to make yours stand out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

If you parked all the 07,06,and 05 focus together nose to tail bumper to bumper There's 8.1 kilometers of them for sale on carzone. (4.5meters x 1800 /1000) Could be worse if you had a laguna.

• Advertisement
Advertisement