Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Bumper Stickers

• 29-03-2012 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Just on reading the the forum for the last day or so, I have an idea:

We've often mentioned how would we recognize each other at sites etc.. Granted, I'm a little different with my rather erm.. distinctive bus, but none the less, how about we have our own bumper stickers?

What say we ask someone over in the art and design forums if they would be able to whizz up a bumper sticker for us, with some boardsie logo and reference to the forum?

All we need to do is get an image done, upload it to zazzle.com and anyone who wants one can buy it? We can have a sticky on the forum or plug it in our sigs etc...... I'd be up for it. My bus could do with some decoration.

Thoughts fellow vanners?

Bumper Stickers, Do you want one? 30 votes

Yes please, I'll take one
    0%
    Even better, I'll take two
    66%
    *Kol*Malta1clionarichostevireComrade ZedDibbleRO 06killalanerrjoed571bo.janglesdanny50Macy0161rosco p coltranedickwod1mrgriswoldDublin MumLady MadonnaHereAndTheremoodraterDel_Da_Gr8 20 votes
    Not for me, no thanks.
    33%
    cygnetstapelerWildWaterdfbemtDes32IrishgoatmanBuford T JusticeMountainsandhirishtearMaurice G 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

was this not discussed , and fizzled out , lat year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Not for me, no thanks.
    Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    was this not discussed , and fizzled out , lat year?

If you're thinking of the thread I started then yes, but it was more tongue in cheek:). I think the sheriff is serious this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Not for me, no thanks.
    I'm as serious as a serious post on a serious topic - seriously.

Ah no, I think its a good idea though.

Say one of the design boffins comes up with a logo, alls we need to do is upload it to zazzle and anyone who wants one can buy one. There's no need for any money up front, and no coraling of a group to cough up cash or organize printing and so on.

Link to where they are and if you want one, buy it and slap it on yer van. If we can get a logo thingamabob done I'll do the zazzle bit. I'm up for it.

We can play spot the boardsies then.

so the Boards.ie logo , with say an outline of a MH , and a catchy phrase like "carry on camping" on it? s'pose we need check with the Boards admin?

Not for me, no thanks.
    so the Boards.ie logo , with say an outline of a MH , and a catchy phrase like "carry on camping" on it? s'pose we need check with the Boards admin?

Was thinking of the boards logo sortof mushed into a van shape or something like that and 'Boards Bus' as a slogan. Again, only my own thoughts.

I can see why Tom mightn't want the site name associated with something outside of his control alright, but I was just thinking its a nice way to spot each other when you're out and about. We might be able to meet each other instead of talking about it after the fact on here.

• Advertisement

Not for me, no thanks.
    Was thinking of the boards logo sortof mushed into a van shape or something like that and 'Boards Bus' as a slogan. Again, only my own thoughts.

I can see why Tom mightn't want the site name associated with something outside of his control alright, but I was just thinking its a nice way to spot each other when you're out and about. We might be able to meet each other instead of talking about it after the fact on here.

I think the sheriff's got a valid point. It would be good to be able to put a face to the names we come across here.

Count me in:).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

the guys on the cycleing forum have their boards jersey with the boards logo on and a thread for spoting a boards jersey. It would be fun to see where the stickers would turn up on this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Could do a "camper" version take of the vans logo? :)

vans-logo-300x139.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

horn_broken_bumper_sticker-p128441553038007253z74sk_400.jpg

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭HereAndThere

What about just a text logo? Something like attached.
    Naming boards the forum and your username?
    198742.png

• Advertisement

Not for me, no thanks.
    I would think that something short and snappy is needed.
    Maybe along the lines of:

Boards Logo

IRISHGOATMAN

ON BOARD(s.ie)

The main idea being that we can recognise each other and at the same time, as an extra, advertise boards I would have thought.

Not for me, no thanks.
    In addition to the above we could always add our own avatar.

Mine would be a randy buck goat of course.
    To remind me of my youth. (Thought I'd better add that before someone else did.)

Not for me, no thanks.
    Just having a text sticker is a little bit unimaginative I think.

I was thinking of having something like the below as already posted with the text boardsie bus or similar, with your username underneath the van between the wheels. Was thinking of putting 'The Sherrif' in mine

vans-logo-300x139.jpg

Not for me, no thanks.
    Just having a text sticker is a little bit unimaginative I think.

I was thinking of having something like the below as already posted with the text boardsie bus or similar, with your username underneath the van between the wheels. Was thinking of putting 'The Sherrif' in mine

vans-logo-300x139.jpg

I was thinking of the wording rather than the whole design.

I have to admit that the above, both the wording and shape, does nothing for me.
    Sorry about that:(.

Also we don't seem to have many others interested!

Not for me, no thanks.
    Also we don't seem to have many others interested!

Kinda been noticing that too. Ah well................

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WildWater

Not for me, no thanks.
    I'd be happy to sport a Boards sticker but I wouldn't want my username on it.

Not for me, no thanks.
    WildWater wrote: »
    I'd be happy to sport a Boards sticker but I wouldn't want my username on it.

Just out of interest, do you mind me asking why?.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WildWater

Not for me, no thanks.
    I'm quite happy to introduce myself to other boardies face to face but I wouldn't want someone I don't know and perhaps never speak to, to be able to just look at my van and connect me to my username. After all it won't be just the friendly folks on this thread that will see the stickers.

Not for me, no thanks.
    WildWater wrote: »
    I'm quite happy to introduce myself to other boardies face to face but I wouldn't want someone I don't know and perhaps never speak to, to be able to just look at my van and connect me to my username. After all it won't be just the friendly folks on this thread that will see the stickers.

Fair point. The username for me just came up so I could add a bit of humor to mine and put the sheriff on it

My original thought was just for a standard bumper sticker that we could all use or not use. Would make it easier for everyone to recognize each other, and to an outsider it would just be another sticker. We could be the 'in crowd'

Need a secret stonecutter handshake now.

Not for me, no thanks.
    Hi WildWater,

Point accepted and understood thanks.

• Advertisement

Not for me, no thanks.
    Fair point. The username for me just came up so I could add a bit of humor to mine and put the sheriff on it

My original thought was just for a standard bumper sticker that we could all use or not use. Would make it easier for everyone to recognize each other, and to an outsider it would just be another sticker. We could be the 'in crowd'

Need a secret stonecutter handshake now.

The problem, as I see it now, is that anyone that had a sticker would be liable to have problems that WildWater is thinking of!.

Someone comes up to you and says " Hi I'm on boards too. What's your boards name". Do you turn round and say " No, you tell me yours first "?.

And consequently you get into a stalemate situation:(.

Just a few thoughts off the top of my head.

Not for me, no thanks.
    Fair points I guess.

Doesn't seem like there's a big interest in it tho.

still think a Boards MH sticker would work , but the crowd online here seems small these days .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

still think a Boards MH sticker would work , but the crowd online here seems small these days .

How many people are subscribed to the MH forum?

Not for me, no thanks.
    *Kol* wrote: »
    How many people are subscribed to the MH forum?

A lot more than are currently posting!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Niall_G

Well, to add a huge percentage - I'd take one.

Not for me, no thanks.
    Niall_G wrote: »
    Well, to add a huge percentage - I'd take one.

Welcome back, been anywhere nice:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LBMP

Just a word of warning - if you have your username on the sticker and you post on here that you are off on holidays for two weeks and someone is lurking and sees your announcement and has seen your van irl then they know your house is due to be empty for two weeks.... Sorry to be so negative.

Just as a matter of interest are caravan owners excluded?

Not for me, no thanks.
    LBMP wrote: »
    Just a word of warning - if you have your username on the sticker and you post on here that you are off on holidays for two weeks and someone is lurking and sees your announcement and has seen your van irl then they know your house is due to be empty for two weeks.... Sorry to be so negative.

Just as a matter of interest are caravan owners excluded?

First part - I think that would most unlikely.

Second part - I've often wondered why there is no category for caravan owners?. I would think there's a chance that you outnumber us campervan owners:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 LBMP

First part - I think that would most unlikely.

Second part - I've often wondered why there is no category for caravan owners?. I would think there's a chance that you outnumber us campervan owners:).

maybe I just have particularly dodgy neighbours:eek:

Advertisement