Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Accounting

• 12-06-2003 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Well that paper was a surprise. I guessed right about sole trader and nothing else. Ah well.

Just wondering if anyone got these answers.

Question 1

Balancing figure 1,455,521

Question 7 incomplete

Gross Profit 179962
    Net Profit 60617
    Sales 449905

did question 1,5,7,8

Take it easy no more balancing books again!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

I didnt do Q1. Did 3 and 4 instead.

Did 6,7 and 9 on top.

Yep, got your sales figure (If I remember correctly, but im pretty sure), which means I most likely got the rest the same too.

Only thing annoying me is that despite having 30 minutes to spare at the end of the exam, I still managed to forget to the last part of question 7, the spoofey advice one. So thats 2.5% gone already, still think I have my A1 tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

nice to think someone got the same sales figure for Q7.

Thanks for your reply.

Hmm, it could well have been pseudonym's figure that I got, not sure anymore, both numbers are similar. Might want to wait to see what others got tho.

Also, if anybody else remembers figures they got on Reval/Debtor's Control/Service Firms that would be helpful too :) Seeing familiar looking numbers brings happy feelings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭pseudonym

any of these sound familiar

Q1 : Gross profit 344100, net profit 67021, cap employed 1,425,521

Q6: profit from health shop: 15220, p&l 107350, cap emp: 803620

Q7: Cap emp: 690277, Net Profit: 60992, Sales 440905, Purchases 270243

PLease tell me if any1 got these or similar

Yeh, I think it was pseudonym's Sales figure that I got :/
    I cant remember if that was the same capital employed I got for Q6 tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭pseudonym

yeah, i hadnt studied service firms but there was no way in hell i was doing interpretation so i think I had to do a little "creative book-keeping". Looking over da book afterwards i dont think my method was too arseways but i cud well have gotten a figure wrong somewhere along the lines...

Q9 woz a beauty, even better than most marginal costing, though i had no idea what the **** principal budget factor was. Damn me for watching scary movie last night instead of looking over the theory. oh well, still on course for an A i hope.

Well, I just copped a little mistake I made in Q6, so either way, my capitaly employed is going to be different to yours. But yeh, principle budget what now? I hope there is only like 3 marks going for that bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

i definitely got 14(x)5521.... for question 1......im not sure about the 4th didgit, i dont think it was a 5 though...i remember the duoble fives, i think my balance was 1445521.......well whatever i got some1 else i my class go tshe same answer, so im fairly sure i gto it right. My service firm blanced, loverly question that 1, butim not so sure about my incomplete, i had to round up my sales figure to nearest euro which is always a bad sign :D
    was a bit disappointed margianl costing didnt come up, and wasnt 2 impressed with that theory question at the end of question nine......we accounting students werent MEANT to do theory!!! what was the answer for explain "prime budget factor" i never heard of it and my accounting teacher neverheard of it either when i asked him afterwards........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

yup i got 1455521 for question 1...didnt balance though... :(
    why have all my 'easy' exams gone crap and all my 'crap' exams gone easy?? :mad:

ok i sound like a 10 year old dere but y'know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭DSMe

well ... i did sweet enough only i ****ed up section c .. couldnt do the flexible budget , had a total mind blank and could only do about 1/3 of the question ...i needed an A , and to be honest i think i did get an A grade in the other 3 questions (god i love interpretation!)... hope i dont go below a B2

• Advertisement

Originally posted by DSMe
    well ... i did sweet enough only i ****ed up section c .. couldnt do the flexible budget , had a total mind blank and could only do about 1/3 of the question

Sweet jesus man, why oh why, how oh how. That question, as my Irish teacher would have put it, is a little brontannas from the department and was identical as are most questions to everything that had ever gone before in its name. Went for that one straight off, a five or ten minute affair if you're fast and you know what to do :/ Ah well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭DSMe

yeah , im really ****ing disappointed now thinkin back... should have been an A

Advertisement