Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

So... Did anyone cheat?

• 11-06-2003 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

NO! Before you suggest it, I didn't. If you did, how? I was half thinking about carrying speech cards with History essay plans on them BUT DIDN'T!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

u know how most scientific calculators have a plastic sliding part on them? one guy i know used a compass to etch all the formulae into the underside of that for his pass maths exam :D

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

Some person accidentally used his own maths tables instead of the one issued :eek: and he kept askin people questions during the exam.

"How many metres in a kilometre?"

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I haven't cheated, but boy is it tempting.

My exams have been pretty easy so far, but with Accountancy and Engineering on the way, I will be very tempted.

It's piss-easy to cheat, the only thing that would put me off is the thought of me robbing someone's place in college next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭BArra

yeah, i saw ppl cheat, not gonna name names, but it indeed happened,

i didnt though :D honestly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭DSMe

ran off to the toilet in the middle of the history exam and learnd my special topic (wasnt MINE tho...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭wiensta

cheating is just not worth it..

i mean, i probably would, but most exams only give you enough time to think for a few mins the write.

The time it takes to run off to the jacks, whip out the notes, learn em and come back (feeling nervous) would be better spent using what you already know and putting it on the paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

jebus dont get caught tho

girl in junior cert (why would you cheat??) got caught, cant do her leaving, or driving test, ever, and she cant leave the country for 5 years.....i think ill take the 150 point course in sligo it instead thanx...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Tails

Originally posted by sionnach
    u know how most scientific calculators have a plastic sliding part on them? one guy i know used a compass to etch all the formulae into the underside of that for his pass maths exam :D

:eek: :eek: Bringing in the sliding part is cheating already!havnt you read the rules? i am truly shocked at you all!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Supervision in my school is so relaxed, and the rows are so compressed that its possible to talk, like i did in maths.

I was dying for a piss during history - i wasnt even supervised by a prefect when i went to take a piss, a history teacher fortunately happened to be outside so i took the opportunity to ask him for some stuff on irish neutrality.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

Originally posted by sionnach

I did that in the mocks and now that i hear you say it it reminds me i had them in the maths exam (not that i needed them - ordinary ;) ) .... very 'relaxed' supervision going on though. I dont think our supervisor read those rule things, you can just get up and walk out of the room whenever you want and then come back a few minutes later. No questions asked

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

How did they stop things like scientific calculators with megs of memory (I know of one guy who stored tons of stuff in his when I did it and back then it only had K. PDAs?

Its gonna get harder to stop it with bluetooth and wireless stuff too...

Stupid for it not to be open-book style anyway.

DeV.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by ella minnow pea
    jebus dont get caught tho

girl in junior cert (why would you cheat??) got caught, cant do her leaving, or driving test, ever, and she cant leave the country for 5 years.....i think ill take the 150 point course in sligo it instead thanx...

WHA?! Heh, if I'd known about this I wouldnt have even CONSIDERED cheating. Not that I did, was talking during Biology today though...
    Just to my m8 who found the exam extremely bitchy, he finished early, f00k, I could have done with a couple more mins just to give a better look over the stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭wiensta

girl in junior cert (why would you cheat??) got caught, cant do her leaving, or driving test, ever, and she cant leave the country for 5 years

man thats one scary ass story!

a bit too harsh a punishment really imo.. the poor girl, she was only in 3rd Year!! Imagine living for five years with that over your head.. "Sorry I cant, cheated when I was 14 for my JCert"..

She shouldnt have been pushed to cheat in the first place, even if she did NO study, she shouldnt have been under so much pressure so as to make her cheat.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

14? I WAS 14 DOING THE JC?! Lies. Weren't we all closer to 16?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

I'm going to be 16 doing my LC liek lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,146 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by DeVore
    How did they stop things like scientific calculators with megs of memory (I know of one guy who stored tons of stuff in his when I did it and back then it only had K. PDAs?

Its gonna get harder to stop it with bluetooth and wireless stuff too...

Stupid for it not to be open-book style anyway.

DeV.

Nah they're not allowed. So as a precaution you have to put down your calculator number on the front of the booklet..:rolleyes:

Btw i was 14 when I did my Jc, would be 16 doing my Lc if it wasnt for 4th year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭dNC | Tickle

2 people have been caught cheating in the LC already. The institute of education some girl there was caught, and Castleknock community school, another GIRL was caught there, stupid cheating b!tches :p

Cheating is easy if ya know how and u have the balls!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

and u have the balls!

which they clearly did not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Originally posted by Mordeth
    which they clearly did not

hardy ha ha :)

the examiners rely on you not having the stones to cheat. but the risk is your banned from all state exams if your caught. my examiner fell asleep on the first day. ever think of slippin a bit of TurboLaxitive into his tea? then you could cheat all ye want.

if only my powers could be used for good?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Sangre
    Nah they're not allowed. So as a precaution you have to put down your calculator number on the front of the booklet..:rolleyes:

Yeah, and there's not exactly much to stop you remembering the number of another calculator and writing that down instead. Ah well..... :rolleyes:

Btw i was 14 when I did my Jc, would be 16 doing my Lc if it wasnt for 4th year.

Yeah, I would have been just gone 17 doing my LC if it wasn't for 4th year. Wold have been better off tbh :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

everyone in my class cheated lol.
    Write stuff down on rolls of toilet paper (you'ld be amazed how much you can get on it) then when you get stuck got to the toilet have a read and wipe your arse with it.
    Evidence gone.
    One guy did get caught though.
    Absolutely nothing happened to him apart from sheer embarressment.
    Well his exams got cancelled.

He is very high up in an IT company now.
    Doing better than the rest of us

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

i would have if i wasnt at the very front of the exam hall :rolleyes:

might be different for classics cuz im in a different room.....

Advertisement