Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

history

• 10-06-2003 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

christ my hand is about to fall off! other than that though, it went well....:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss!

ahem, ahem

36 pages and i cant feel my hand. i sohuld have sello taped the pen to my hand!!

everything cam up i studied. only question i had any trouble with was how far to go in B the 1948-66 question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

yeah i didnt like B. i did the devalera one on the treaty. it was only ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I did the irish economy, was lovely.

In the 48-66 essay if you didnt include both interparties, ff, and lemass you wont get full 60/60 i'd say :/

I thought a lot of people might be screwed on section A with the combination of butt and parneel question, luckily i knew cultural nationalism :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭adjodlo

Yeah man I just did the 2 inter-party govs and waffled a bit about fine fail. When I got out though my teacher said that it's only the overall mark which will be affected by this though, as you get the first 60 for information provided

lol fine "fail".... how ironic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Onyl managed to get 4 essays done 20% down the drain

A - Cultural Nationalism(thank feck it came up)

B-De Valera and the treaty (wasnt even 3 pages but there was a fair bit of facts, maybe 50-60 for this one)

C- French 3rd Republic(Answered this one very well but spent too much time on it, I have to get somewhere near full marks though)

D- Weimar(only had time to get bullet points down, might get 10 or so marks)

E- Special Topic. Those questions added at least another page, granted it was all waffle but still a page is a page.

Overall ide say 60odd percent if im very lucky

Not me best history exam. I think i couldve done better.

Ah well. Roll on the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

when i first looked at the paper it looked a big ming a ling a ding dong, i mean i was agog as 2 gogs. did ok i think tho, 3 pages for most things, section b was a beyatch, did ok in it tho i think. bit annoyed cuz i wanted an a1 but i think i got a b1 r an a2....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

I did pretty okay overall, didn't take note of how many pages I did, just spent 40mins on each q's exactly. Only thing i had difficulty with was section B, nothing I wanted came up so i wrote as much as i could on goverments 48-66, basically wrote on first interparty goverment which i had studied and búllshíted the rest.

Well i wanted a B1/A2 but theres no fecking way thats gonna happen now. Ide be very happy with a B3 so stop complaining ya big whoooooorrreeee ;)

ya taz me 2
    doesnt weimar usually come up in section c??
    n squally u should have just written a poem...:p

• Advertisement

doesnt weimar usually come up in section c??

Yup.I think they kinda screwed us in section D. Lotta weird questions League of nations European Unity etc

Oh and no Hitler. Wtf is the story there?

I think the funniest thing ever was when I opened my paper about 20mins into the exam after I had finished my special topic and saw renaissance history, with Hugh O'Neill and friends and got really confused and bewildered and called over the supervisor wondering wtf was going on. She gave me a grin and turned over the page to course 2, not the best of starts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭ferdi

meh, i passed.

ya same thing happened to everyone ive been talkin 2 taz
    almost had a harte attack.......and then realized i was pretty screwed anyway....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭DSMe

did well ... A2 or B1 i would guess 4 pages on Land Q. 3 on Neutrality , 4 on France and 3.5 on European unity...

Accounting, German, Phyics left \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

yeah its plain sailing after today!

Business and Economics for me

Business, well i find its just an exercise in educated spoof

Economics, Me strongest subject. Hoping for an A1. Got 7 days to brush up so i should be sorted

Originally posted by Mr.Taz
    I think the funniest thing ever was when I opened my paper about 20mins into the exam after I had finished my special topic and saw renaissance history, with Hugh O'Neill and friends and got really confused and bewildered and called over the supervisor wondering wtf was going on. She gave me a grin and turned over the page to course 2, not the best of starts :)

LMAO yeah me too I opened the paper and turned to my mate and was like "FÚCK"

I did exactly 4 pages for each topic, 10 minutes a page :)

adjodlo your teacher is wrong.
    Sometimes the department put in the marking scheme,
    "If the candidate fails to address lemass his maximum mark of of 60 will be 50"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

bah dindt get Weimar done but got an A1 in France for sure and at least B1 in Spec topic. I'd say a B-C in Economic Ireland and A/B/C depending on how the examiner feels on cultural nationalism

i'll get full marks for everything but irish history i hope

parnell i'll get over 60 i hope

and i hope to god for the 48-66 question i get a decent mark. what mark u need to get an A?

i worte 36 pages, so i hope i do well!

360 out of 400

Meaning essentailly 80 marks for special topic, and 70/80 for all the other essays.

well feck that anyway!!

i'll take my B!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

it's amazing what you'll write when you've not got a clue, it's like a cornered small animal it'll do anything to get away.

Section A: Land one, Only knew the conservitives so i waffeled

section B couldn't do dev i think cause of my special topic so i picked neutrality :D made the whole lot up by thinking of little things i knew and exagerating them

Section C Britain suffering jaysus i said mass here about the vote and then i said that "this was a time for chage and it set the foundations for change later these foundations were built on in britain from 1945 ..."

section D European unity again made it up about britain not getting in and because of the war needed to create a sense on rebuilding :D :ninja:

section E Special Topic Constitutions of 1922 and 1937

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

i could not believe that they actually made a history paper without:

Hitler
    Stalin
    Bismark

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭spaczed

yeh, it wasn't too bad though - the questions were ok when you look at all of them-the usual stuff came up.

But what about the mussolini question analyse his role in italian history"!! broad or what- hmmm ceasar ruled italy, as did berlusconi and mussolini.

Special topic - grand
    France- great - i love that question
    Northern Ireland - mmmmm not so great!
    Mussolini- everything i kenw, i just hope half of it was relevant
    Parnell and Butt- easier than i thought-not much of butt in it , saying that tho i didn't get it totally done

Originally posted by VinnyL
    i'll get full marks for everything but irish history i hope

parnell i'll get over 60 i hope

and i hope to god for the 48-66 question i get a decent mark. what mark u need to get an A?

i worte 36 pages, so i hope i do well!

36 pages? thats a page every 5 minutes...

with 32 lines on a page, with a generous average of 9 words per line thats 288 which is 57 words a minute...almost a word a second...

hmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭DSMe

aye right enough ... vinny u just tryin to make us feel bad? a word a second for the entire exam is just impossible..

• Advertisement

Originally posted by DSMe
    aye right enough ... vinny u just tryin to make us feel bad? a word a second for the entire exam is just impossible..

eh..... i'll make sure your the first to get my script so!

no i'm just a really fast writer, thats why i do well in subjects like history. my hand was soooooooo sore. anyway other people around me did 27, 24 and the like. in fairness our history teacher is the best in meath!

Advertisement