Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi keeps turning itself on on Android Phone

• 27-09-2013 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Running Android 4.1.2 on a Sony Experia Smartphone.

I have wifi turned off and even in the advanced settings I have the Network notification (notify me when an open network is available) unticked, but continually the wifi just keeps turning itself on which is so so annoying.

Can anyone advise please how I can stop the wifi from continually turning itself on.

If you need any more info. please just ask

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Is a setting to automatically turn on wifi when it recognizes a network you normally connect to. It's under Power management = Location Based Wi-Fi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Is a setting to automatically turn on wifi when it recognizes a network you normally connect to. It's under Power management = Location Based Wi-Fi

Thanks for your reply.

No, its coming from a hotel across the road from my office.

RDCC_Guest

I click on this RDCC_Guest and press 'Forget' but it keeps coming back.

Advertisement