Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Gear (DISCUSSION ONLY)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

How much did the G&L tele set you back and can you only buy them online...They look amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Nice Jazz! :cool:

Derrick Nelson is putting together my new Jazz for me, brought the parts out there yesterday. I'm super excited. It's oldschool with a modern twist. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,966 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

What kind of pickups are you using? I might upgrade the pickups on mine at some stage. No idea what to get really. Noiseless ones would be nice I suppose, not really interested in the vintage tone though.

Ahhh, all will be revealed soon......mmMmwhahahhahahaha.... :)

Wait for a few weeks on the pickups selection, you'll like what you see. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

How much did the G&L tele set you back and can you only buy them online...They look amazing
    I paid €1700 for mine. I know, I was ripped off, given today's prices. I have seen the odd USA G&L in Ireland but it's usualy only a fairly basic one. Never seen a deluxe in a shop here. Mine was bought in Ad Lib music in Carlow though, never used, sold, never used and sold. The first guy got it as a gift and was afraid to play it as a beginer. The second guy bought it off him as a favour but didn't really want it, so it was as new including shiny new strings when I got it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,966 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Joe Robot wrote: »
    Ahhh, all will be revealed soon......mmMmwhahahhahahaha.... :)

Wait for a few weeks on the pickups selection, you'll like what you see. ;)

I await with bated breath... and will then just copy whatever you get.

Bingo! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Get some regular strings on there, stat! :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Yeah yeah. Normal strings will be back on it soon...ish

Good. It's bordering on a Smell The Glove level of blackness there :D

• Advertisement

Nice! but I think you need the hot pink strings on it. I'm putting those on my black SB next. :D It has the black beauties on it at the moment. :cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Doctor J wrote: »
    Good. It's bordering on a Smell The Glove level of blackness there :D

The answer is none more black :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

That's the RG I craved for years!!! That exact finish, neck and all! :(

Ahh don't paint it! It looks great as is. :cool:

thegoggles.gif

LOL

I actually prefered the stock pickups on my SX strat after I changed em out. I still have the pickguard loaded with the pickups and pots. No longer have the guitar though, I sold it to someone on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Joe Robot wrote: »
    thegoggles.gif

LOL

I actually prefered the stock pickups on my SX strat after I changed em out. I still have the pickguard loaded with the pickups and pots. No longer have the guitar though, I sold it to someone on here.
    Yeh the stock SX is actually a surprisingly nice guitar for the money. Nice neck on it too.

Was thinking of buying a good tele once I get back working after finals are finished and I'm actually tempted to just buy a cheap SX one after playing my strat for the first time in years instead of splashing out a few hundred for a Fender (which would only be used for recording bits and pieces in my bedroom...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

GWK wrote: »
    Pics of my Stuff. Very Simple - Amp into Guitar with a Fulltone Wah in line and a MXR Delay in the loop. Dont mind the crappy pic.
    AceCombo.jpg
    Sweet amp :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Spent so much on gear you can't afford paint....now THAT I approve :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

You running a shop there or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

now i'm not a (gibson) les paul fan but thats stunning :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

As I said, more pictures of the crowd:

So so shiny, you definitely take good care of your gear. That lp is immaculate, not a fan of lps, but.......sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Spent so much on gear you can't afford paint....now THAT I approve :pac:

Ah you've got to prioritize! :p
    deswalsh wrote: »
    You running a shop there or something?

Not even close, will have to get a few buckets of paint first!
    jcoote wrote: »
    now i'm not a (gibson) les paul fan but thats stunning :)

It really is, you cant appreciate it fully until you see it! The pictures dont do it justice.
    DeadSkin wrote: »
    So so shiny, you definitely take good care of your gear. That lp is immaculate, not a fan of lps, but.......sweet.

I do try to keep them in good shape alright. The only ones with battle scars are the Epi Les Paul (not in picture, huge sentimental value) and the B50 Bass (far left, set on fire at gig by brother :rolleyes:.) Aye I do think the LP does look great, and like I mentioned the pictures cant do the hardware, inlays or finish any justice. :)

Very nice. You need another green guitar though. :p

Ravelleman wrote: »
    As it presently stands:

DSCN0958.jpg

Fernandes Ravelle Ltd Ed, Gretsch G6118 Anniversary and Fender Robert Cray Strat.

Expect major changes soon though.

Nice, very nice. More pics and better pics required though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

steveland? wrote: »
    S6301201.jpg

I'd love to get this finish with a Tele copy of mine, was the sanding done with an electric sander or by hand? How hard would it be to sand all those tricky areas like the cutaways etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Den_M wrote: »
    I'd love to get this finish with a Tele copy of mine, was the sanding done with an electric sander or by hand? How hard would it be to sand all those tricky areas like the cutaways etc?
    You'll need a hand sander and a very shaky hand :)

Did it using an electric sander (one of the big yokes) which is why I got lazy and didn't do the rest of it, would have needed to find the pads for the smaller sander.

I did it before on a Les Paul copy which turned out well but that has a lot less nooks and crannies.

Sure you could do the front and back with the big sander and then use a smaller mouse type sander for the cutaways. Might need to do some of the bits by hand though to get into them. You could try one of those little curved block things you put the sandpaper around.

Make sure to take photos before, during and after :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Ravelleman wrote: »

001.jpg

Ahah. You can see what I was meant to be doing instead of taking photos there.

With the shadows and stuff this is a great picture. The Gretsch itself is a real piece of art. Very nice Ravelleman. So this is what Gretsch GAS feel like.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Welcome to a whole new world, Quattroste!

Loving the Annie muchly, Ravelleman..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I'm glad I could inspire you guys. It's normally me that''s lusting after other people's stuff. But I guess it's like that for everyone. I want it all.

• Advertisement

That's one arty picture of the Gretsch! Very nice! :cool:

Advertisement