Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Protein powder

• 28-02-2012 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hi

I am female, 35 and have just started a fitness programme with a PT. The PT said I will need to buy protein powder to make shakes. Any ideas where I can buy this and what should I look for? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

http://www.evergreen.ie/sports-nutrition/11cat.aspx
    all the protien you will ever need...........;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

doireann08 wrote: »
    Hi

I am female, 35 and have just started a fitness programme with a PT. The PT said I will need to buy protein powder to make shakes. Any ideas where I can buy this and what should I look for? Thanks

Divide protein per serving by scoop size - look for 75+%. You'll get the info on the back of the tub.

Do you want to buy online or in a store?

I think myprotein.co.uk is hard to beat price and quality wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Pretty much any health food shop, and most chemists have protein powder. Even Tesco carries it.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭doireann08

Hanley wrote: »
    Divide protein per serving by scoop size - look for 75+%. You'll get the info on the back of the tub.

Don't mind which option, how long is delivery from myprotein.co.uk?

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

doireann08 wrote: »
    Hanley wrote: »

Don't mind which option, how long is delivery from myprotein.co.uk?

2 working days by DPD e.g order on Monday, get it on Wednesday.

I recommend MyProtein impact whey or if you want something a little nicer, MyProtein True Whey.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 FarmerH

I'm a fan of www.bulkpowders.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭doireann08

great thanks everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

+1 for Myprotein

you can use code MP216932 for 5% off your first order

i always get chocolate floavour... tastes great and mixes well

http://www.myprotein.com/IE/products/impact-whey-protein

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Flicking through the argos catalog today and spotted some myprotein products!

They have the 2kg whey for 49 euro I think.
    Bit pricier than ordering direct but handy none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Henno30

Would like some advice on a new whey protein I'm trying if anyone can help. Per scoop you get 23g of protein but you also get another 11g of carbs, 10g of which is sugar. I know this is high, but is it way too high? I'm thinking that it might be ok as an immediate pwo drink but maybe this is misguided.

Okay for PWO. I'd avoid for meal replacement or between meal shake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Henno30

EileenG wrote: »
    Okay for PWO. I'd avoid for meal replacement or between meal shake.

Thanks. Is the insulin spike the problem, or is it just that the level of sugar is too high full-stop?

Depends. If you are trying to cut sugar, then it's high. Also, you will get an insulin spike, which is not so good when you are eating regular food as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Dubhlinner

Henno30 wrote: »
    Would like some advice on a new whey protein I'm trying if anyone can help. Per scoop you get 23g of protein but you also get another 11g of carbs, 10g of which is sugar. I know this is high, but is it way too high? I'm thinking that it might be ok as an immediate pwo drink but maybe this is misguided.

Are you trying to lose weight or gain muscle? If its the latter I wouldn't worry about the sugar content wery much

Advertisement