Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,176 ✭✭✭Junior

Rapha to sponsor Team Sky clothing next year, now there's a wankfest made in PR heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 24,948 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

15 years off the cigarettes today! I had my last one at 2pm on Saturday 30th August 1997. :)

(Princess Diana died later that night in Paris)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

(Princess Diana died later that night in Paris)

I've heard of people having difficulty finding things to do with their hands, but that's taking it a bit far!

Edit: Also, congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Something new, something different. Looks promising

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Dismount.....................NOW !!

225077_3659489722074_639233574_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

I'll just leave this here:
    http://www.okcenemies.com/post/25137276921

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭furiousox

First picture emerges of Andy Carroll en-route to Upton Park..

218991.jpg

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bechermann

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

RT66 wrote: »
    When I'm in power I'm going to outlaw these car company bikes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

When I'm in power I'm going to outlaw these car company bikes.

"Limited to just 77 pieces"

Do they mean a production run of only 77 bikes, or the bike uses 77 components?

Either way, meh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Classic photobomb:

MKR2P.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

hardCopy wrote: »

Do they mean a production run of only 77 bikes, or the bike uses 77 components?

Either way, meh

if you crash it, it end up in 77 pieces maybe ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

9.5kg, the only extra its got is a built in edge 500 with a larger screen sans GPS,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

CramCycle wrote: »
    9.5kg, the only extra its got is a built in edge 500 with a larger screen sans GPS,

Lightens the wallet by 40 grand or so though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

hardCopy wrote: »

How many colorways is it curated in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

KevIRL wrote: »
    Got a giggle from this one

Last minute transfer deadline day news

Liverpool set to sign Korean midfield starlet Fa Kin Noo Won

However Spurs have beaten them to his higher rated brother Every Fa Kin Won.
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Anyone got any use for two packets of these? Bought in error ages ago, only realised a week or so ago that they were the wrong ones.

219144.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

So how many of you got this with their first attempt;)?

thumbnail.aspx?q=4831654227019939&id=e6d37aaef11e38194e808d7c32b06715

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

try 'sucks'!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I went to the GP a few days ago and was diagnosed with shingles. I like this GP, it was my first time going to him but he seems basically cheerful and very straight talking. He went through the basics of shingles, what it is, whether you can pass it on to others, etc. He also tried to dispel some of the myths about it, of which there seem to be many.

"There is an old wive's tale", he said, "that if the rash spreads all the way round your lower torso, and joins to form a ring encircling you, that you'll die".

I'd not heard that one before, and I must admit that at least one of my eyebrows raised itself a notch and possibly even twitched nervously at the mention of possible death.

"Well, that's just pure nonsense...", he said.

Phew, I thought, just another one of those dramatic tales again where someone loses an eye or dies, whereas the reality is something completely innocuous and no real harm came to anyone involved. Silly old wives and their scaremongering.

"...those people who died did so from complications", he continued.

Both eyebrows twitched involuntarily. The rash hasn't got anywhere near as bad as that though, as yet, maybe if the wind changes direction it'll stay like it is and not progress further and I might even survive...

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

I am sorry for your diagnosis, however I spat my brekky all over the place when I read that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

@doozerie a sure you'll be grand :) Get well soon, mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

My shingles and I went for a ride today. It was our first outing on the bike since being formally introduced - prior to them being introduced to me as "shingles" by the GP, we co-habitated and co-cycled for a week, perhaps longer, under the generic name of "annoying feckin pain". They've kept me off the bike for a week at this stage and my sanity required that I get a spin in. I opted for a short local ride in case I had to head for home early, so for better or worse I decided to try some hill repeats on Killakee Road.

'Twas all going as well as could be expected, with shingles kicking me in the ribs and lung frequently, when I rounded a bend to see an SUV stopped on my side of the road. There was a stench of burning rubber (ah, the smell of burning car tyres from the bonfires of my youth!), and a lot of smoke. The smoke was coming from under the bonnet of the SUV. I'm not a car person, but I'd take that to be a bad sign. With shingles tickling my ribs and the reek of burning rubber in my lungs, I went past and up the hill.

Having completed my first interval I came back down a few minutes later to find that having killed their car, they'd moved it into the entrance to a driveway just off the road. The burning stink was less than it was but still lingered horribly. I went up and down past the car carcass several more times. It was a 2012 registered Hyundai, probably not the cheapest car in the world to have to repair, I still can't figure out how they burnt it out on what is a short section of steep-ish road.

Anyway, on the way up past it for one of my intervals, as my shingles were enthusiastically and gleefully helping to push my lungs out to hang over the handlebars, I heard a voice in an American accent ask "What street is this?". I have no idea if the question was directed at me, I was staring at my front hub slowly rotating at the time. My shingles, being a bit anti-social, suggested replying with "eh, Fooked Engine Road, I believe, hur hur". I briefly considered making my own sarcastic reply of "Poorly Timed Question Road, wha'!", but decided that the sarcasm might have been lost in a wave of vomit, so instead I said nothing and just trudged on. Welcome to Ireland, please dispose of your rubbish car sensibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

first week in what feels like forever that I've clocked up over 200km and despite being pretty stiff and sore today it was totally worth it. Remembered why I like cycling so much, got in lots of good spins on good routes with no hassle.

must keep it up again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

iv not gone near 200km since i got back from pyrennes, taken to tennis now instead. was doing about 300km a week before.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭dquirke1

Had a rear blowout at 70 odd kph on a steep descent this evening. Scary stuff :eek:
    Still dont know how i kept it upright, but got down to 20kph and found a soft looking ditch to take a dive into.
    Thankfully no injuries and the bikes fine, but it could have gone very differently.

The strange thing is, about 30 secs before i was thinking "This would be a very bad time for anything to go wrong"
    Only positive thoughts in future i think... :D

• Advertisement

manafana wrote: »
    iv not gone near 200km since i got back from pyrennes, taken to tennis now instead. was doing about 300km a week before.

I've covered about 100km, I've taken to dominos.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement