Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

help ,ruined my hubbys suit

• 11-12-2013 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi Guys
    Hopefully someone can help me out today..So I kinda ruined my hubbys Remus uomo suit. Well his trousers. Don't know how or what but there is a burnt orange stain on the knee of the pants. I brought it to the drycleaners and the stain could not be removed. Im from Portlaoise and the water here is very hard so im thinking this was wat caused the stain.
    So my problem is I cant afford to go out and buy a brand new suit. Is there any way I can find out the make of the trousers /suit by a hidden tag on the suit so I can order online before my hubby notices his suit is gone.

Desperate housewife

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭lucky333

How big is the stain and where is it exactly?

I was in this situation a number of times with different garments, I have also got out of this by simply rapping it up well in a bag and disposing of it very carefully, somewhere far away from the home. if you use this method you have got to play innocent and stick with it. Say you didn't see it, tell him he had them last and he's losing his mind. Have a few possible theories ready , just to make it look like your concerned and trying to help.

Good luck

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Take a photo of the jacket and email Remus Uomo asking if they still stock the trousers...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

You could ask a seamstress to patch on a bit of material onto where the stain is,they did a good job with my jeans in fitrites i had a big stain on it that couldnt come off and they did a fantastic job!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

As you don't know how it happened, maybe the stain was already there and he knows about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

So I kinda ruined my hubbys Remus uomo suit.
    How exactly? Ironing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

If you don't even know how it happened, maybe just say something like 'you know that weird stain that was on your suit trousers? Unfortunately the washing machine couldn't get it out and neither did the dry cleaner'. I'd assume that the stain was already there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Is it just a discolouration or does it look like the fabric has been scraped/scratched or something?

EDIT: I'm asking because I also had a small orangey stain on a suit once which I suspect was done by the dry cleaner trying to remove a stain.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

See if you can find the trousers online?

Don't be worried to tell the husband, maybe stain was already there. And it's not like you ruined them on purpose, or even was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

lucky333 wrote: »
    I have also got out of this by simply rapping it up well in a bag and disposing of it very carefully, somewhere far away from the home. if you use this method you have got to play innocent and stick with it. Say you didn't see it, tell him he had them last and he's losing his mind. Have a few possible theories ready , just to make it look like your concerned and trying to help.

Brilliant :D

Advertisement