Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

€430 PC Build Guide

• 20-08-2014 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

If your willing to mix new and second hand parts, it is possible to build a very nice PC.

See the How To video below

This is the fourth PC my son has been asked to build.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yup. Entirely. In fact I'm selling an i3/6GB/SSD/750Ti machine for less than that on adverts at the moment.

Even using all new parts it's possible to build a decent rig with that money (excluding monitor).

The only thing I would avoid is this 'save money by using an APU' argument. For most gamers an APU just will not cut it at all. Far better to even get a €50 euro CPU and €60 euro GPU than an APU in my opinion, I just don't get the market for the APU's really at all. APU's below 90-100 - too weak for any real gaming. APU's from 100-120ish - Intel G3220 and a €60-70 card are faster than them.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

satguy wrote: »
    If your willing to mix new and second hand parts, it is possible to build a very nice PC.

See the How To video below

This is the fourth PC my son has been asked to build.

Tell your son fair play and keep it up. Not an easy thing to do, the video's I mean. Maybe the camera man should take it a bit easier with the movement though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭satguy

The poor camera man works for free, he also has to clean up after the star has left the building..

"Dogs-Body" ,, was the word used when I was small.. But, yes he is doing well with his videos.
    You can see them all here, and yes, I am the poor camera man.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVSkGhhFq5DZLhYQf7atrig/videos

@ TerrorFirmer ,, Yes you are bang on,, I like to see a mid range CPU and a mid range GPU , rather than an APU myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

Completely agree that you can build an entry level gaming Pc for less than 450. Just one thing i noticed was the lack of an antistatic wristband? Get a mini tripod in Poundshop for 2 quid and that will sort out your unsteady camera :P

Advertisement