Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Is anyone planning on getting the Uppababy as their travel system? It's currently top of our list & I was wondering what other mums to be think of it :) we initially looked at the teutonia system but the uppababy has a whopping 86% in the which review & seems super practical!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Trishka I got them in Guiney's: I was just looking online and they are really difficult to find (and really expensive). The baby long sleeved vest is £16 on Amazon and I got the vest babygrow hat scratch mitts for €9.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

My sister got me a set of Hungry Caterpillar babygros (in England). I got a Hungry Caterpillar baby towell (the hooded one) in Tescos for like a fiver. I love it!

I'm addicted to buns - cream buns, fairy cakes, etc. Got St. Patricks day themed ones yesterday.

Got my arse pillow this morning, less than 24hrs after ordered it, impressed. Hope it works. Going to see my chiropractor this evening as well & see if can help my lower back.

OH sent me a link for a birthing pool for sale on Adverts. First time he's took an interest like that in buying stuff. Must get him a dad's book to read. Does anyone else find that the stuff written for dads is sometimes very condescending and basically tells them to put up with anything that comes out of our mouths for 9mths!?

Haven't bought any newborn stuff, all 0-3. I just know I'll have a 9lber!

For heartburn sufferers, the Rennies Rapeze fruit flavoured tablets are so nice!! Discovered them last night in my Supervalu. I can't stand the mint ones & the gaviscon fruit ones are a bit ick.

Has anyone come across bright primary coloured (across the entire rainbow spectrum) baby gros? I would like baby in some brights rather than just pastels & white/creams :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Hi all,

Came across this link in today's Indo - a website for new mums

www.whatsupmum.ie

Apparently all the advice there is from midwives from the Rotunda & Holles St etc. Haven't had a proper look at the videos yet but might be some interesting ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I finally bought some baby stuff!!!
    Muslin squares on eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Love, love, love the amazon wish list!

Going mad, clicking everything here!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Mink my friend just got us a book called "the baby owners manual: operating instructions, troubleshooting tips, and advice on first year maintenance" by Louis Borgenicht M.D., and Joe Borgenicht, D.A.D, I only had a flip through it so far but it seems like a good laugh while being informative, he had it for his first and swears by it :)
    Twomums2be, my mother picked me up a set of rainbow striped baby gro things (actually, vest things, whatyacallims: i still don't really know the right name for things!) they sound like what you're after, think she got them in pennys? I'll ask her next time I see her to be sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Congratulations saurelin!!

Love that dress Tinkerbell4484!!

My kicks are very low down also, feels very close to pubic bone..dancing on my bladder of course, hopefully babs will move up soon.
    Can't feel them on outside I think the boys are looking forward to that the most!!!

I'm buying 0-3 mths my dss wer 8lb 5oz and 8lb 11lb so presume newborn wont be good for long going by my record!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Thanks for that link mamaheidi, its very good my youngest ds has lots of questions especially about wat a newborn is like etc... so the videos wer good for him to see with me!!!:)

• Advertisement

Twomums2be, my mother picked me up a set of rainbow striped baby gro things (actually, vest things, whatyacallims: i still don't really know the right name for things!) they sound like what you're after, think she got them in pennys? I'll ask her next time I see her to be sure!

Thanks NyquistFreak :)
    I'm actually looking for solid colours in a rainbow set if you know what I mean so an orange one, green one, blue one etc but in primary shades although I would appreciate the info re the striped ones also :) I saw a pic on a website of about 10 babies each in a bright coloured babygro ( like you I'm not sure what they are def called) and now I want them but the silly website didn't sell them it was just a cute pic they used :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

cyning wrote: »

Kinda Cyning but I'm hoping for pea green, aqua blue & the likes...they must exist somewhere :) I'll be sure to let you know if/when I find them!
    Such things having several different names doesn't help :rolleyes:

Rainbowbasics.com has them...not cheap & not sure re shipping as I am on my phone so just flicking but at least I know they exist :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Happy Paddy's day everyone!

I've had a sore couple of days - my cat brought home the insides of some small beastie, and left it in the hall, which I then stepped on and slid - literally doing the splits. I hadn't done the splits in years - but this was cheerleader perfect, straight legged and all the way to the floor. (Baby is totally fine btw, still kicking away!)

Hubby nearly had a heart-attack. Apparently, the only sound I made was 'Ooof', he was a step in front of me and didn't even notice I had fallen until I called him. I genuinely was not able to get up on my own. Since then, the muscles in my under my bump, hip and pubic region are aching, and I'm struggling to lift my right leg much past ankle height (it makes putting on knickers a real chore)

It's getting better slowly but surely, but with hubby leaving for Budapest on Monday, I'm feeling terribly worried that something equally stupid will happen when he is away, and keep bursting into tears about it. I'm trying so hard not to let him see, because he already feels terrible about going, and there is no way for him to get out of it.

This has turned into a post for the moan thread - but i feel much better to get it off my chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Kash poor you.

We went for dinner last night - I had cravings for Cantonese duck last few days & really hard day at work, so hubby took me for a date.
    And later on the evening, when we were at home hubby felt baby kicking. Only twice but look on his face: D

we are painting nursery today - white - to cover brown walls. and in few weeks green :)

Oh kash, poor you! Glad baby is ok. Maybe a few sessions with a physio wld help. I'm sure your doc or phn wld give u a referral letter, if u need it.

That must be so hard for you with hubby heading off. My oh is only away for the weekend on a stag but I'm ridiculously lonely for him! Normally I'd be delighted to have the remote control and tv to myself but I was miserable last night.

Aw saurelin, what a perfect night you had. Sounds lovely!

I've a stupidly busy day today, have to work at a parade about an hours drive away, then rush home to watch the rugby. Heading out with my friend for dinner tonight for her birthday, but all she wants to talk about is baby and pregnancy. Don't get me wrong I'm grateful for her support and that she's so interested, but I feel like shouting I'm still here!

Hope ye all have a lovely Paddy's Day x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Kash if the aches don't get better then yeah maybe see a physio. Rest up either way! As I just said on the moan thread, I'd definitely be crying if OH had to go off on a trip, and I'm not normally like that! He'd probably ship me off to this mothers!

Saurelin I was just thinking about the fact I need to start painting the nursery.

Now that all my pregnancy apps are saying 19 or 18 weeks to go, and it's a lower number than how many weeks I'm pregnant, I'm actually starting to freak out a bit. Mid pregnancy crisis! For all my whinging, this does seem to be flying in.

Got to lay face down on my chiropractor's special pregnancy pillow. Has cut out for bump and boobs. I could have slept on it. Feel so relaxed since the treatment.

Well spring cleaning time again! Have a good paddy's day everyone. I'm going bowling tonight with a big gang and I'm sure I'll get lots of comments about not trying to steal one of the balls and shoving it up my top!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Hi girls, hope your all having a great weekend!
    Had a dream the other night that baby was born and looked Mexican so the oh left me!then woke up sobbing, fell back asleep and dreamt he was telling me he didn't love me anymore,
    needless to say i am so clingy and upset the past few days,
    24 weeks today, under 4 months and counting

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

Hi all, hope ul be enjoying our lovely long weekend!

I have not posted for a while as was away on holidays but have been following all the posts.

kash - hope ur feeling ok, I know about soreness after the time I fell down the stairs on my back but all u think about is that baby is ok, but mind urself!

I think I have gone a small bit crazy - I have been crying 4 times this week, which is totally not like me. The smallest thing and I think the world is over! It feels like the smallest thing is going to set me off! Must be hormones alright!

Does anyone else here have an OH which does very little around the house, except when asked and asked again? Seriously after working a long week I think we should be entilted to a bit of extra help??

Dunnes had some great specials on during the week, got a advent newborn bottle set and microwave steraliser this week (Recommended to me by a friend with 4 young one!) for half price 25 for the both!!

Come on Ireland anyhow!!!!

• Advertisement

Kiwi2011 wrote: »
    Does anyone else here have an OH which does very little around the house, except when asked and asked again? Seriously after working a long week I think we should be entilted to a bit of extra help??

Yep, I've been making allowances from when he was sick a couple of years ago. But before Xmas it all came to a head. I was so tired and feeling so queasy, I just wasn't able to do everything.
    He still maintains that he needs one day a week where he does absolutely nothing, so he got me a cleaner who comes in once a week for three hours.
    It's the best thing ever, I just have to give a quick hoover at the weekends, but all the big work is done.

Wish I wasn't so passionate about sport. The stress of it can't be good for the baby. Don't know how I'll cope in the summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Not sure who was lOoking for bright coloured vests but just came accross these,

http://www.nextdirect.com/ie/en/shopping/girls/newborn-girls/4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

@ Kash, hope you're feeling ok now & glad baby is fine. Ouch!

@Kiwi, my OH helps around the house, luckily! If I have to work on Saturdays he'll always have the place clean for when I get home. I still reckon it's 70/30 to me though but can't complain! I've already been warned that as soon as the little one arrives there'll be no more Saturday cleaning! Then again I can't promise I'll be cleaning either so we'll have to just be happy living in a tip with our little girl (at least until we can train her up to help out!!) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Happy mothers day Everyone!! Can`t wait till this day next year 1st real mammys day for me!

Not sure who was lOoking for bright coloured vests but just came accross these,

http://www.nextdirect.com/ie/en/shopping/girls/newborn-girls/4/1

That was me :) thanks for that...getting closer! I have found some by little seed but boy do you pay for wanting something other than pastels :rolleyes:

mamaheidi wrote: »
    @Kiwi, my OH helps around the house, luckily! If I have to work on Saturdays he'll always have the place clean for when I get home. I still reckon it's 70/30 to me though but can't complain! I've already been warned that as soon as the little one arrives there'll be no more Saturday cleaning! Then again I can't promise I'll be cleaning either so we'll have to just be happy living in a tip with our little girl (at least until we can train her up to help out!!) ;)

My other half is wonderful & still prefers me not to hoover despite me checking with the doctor that it was ok :) but then we aren't your traditional family which I guess makes a huge difference!
    It must be so frustrating to be pregnant & still expected to do everything...I would find it frustrating to be expected to do everything pregnant or not :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Good Morning Ladies.
    How are you today?
    I love long weekends: D

My hubby rarely cleaned on his own before pregnancy, only when I told him do this and that. Now it is a little better, mainly due to my moan that my buck hurts etc. he tries to clean (or at least wash dishes or set dishwasher) before I get home from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

My oh is great for cleaning!he doesn't do it as well as me though but still he.s great!
    Mothers day is odd for me this year, can't wait for next year as well have something to be excited for in my family. My nanny died last year and my Mam is very upset today so it'll be great to have my little lady to take her mine off it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Happy mothers day!

My hubby is pretty useless around the place. He does leave for work at 6.30 and doesn't get back until after 8, do I guess I can't expect him to do much in the little time he's here.
    The lack of appreciation gets me the most. The man just cannot say thanks! It was the way he was brought up, totally spoilt, always expecting things to be done for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

My hubby does a lot of cleaning around the house in general, but is really taking the brunt of it since I got pregnant - which is a real relief to be honest! He's a real legend. :D

I took the plunge and bought some cloth nappies:
    http://www.babame.com/cloth-nappies/Bumgenius-Onesize-Pocket-Nappy/

I'm not too worried about the extra washing, and they seem really easy to use plus, they look awesome! I bought little matching leg warmers and everything :)

Advertisement