Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

baby monitors

• 17-06-2011 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi, just wondering if anyone has used a movement and sound monitor and if they are any good? Is it worthwhile spending extra on one and would you recommend any particular brand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

I was wondering the same thing, I was looking at the tommee tippee monitor with sensor matt. I would like to know does the alarm go off falsely if it thinks there is no movement sensed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

We have the angelcare monitor and love it. Gives great peace of mind, and without it I'd probably be up and down the stairs every two minutes in the evenings!

Haven't had any false alarms yet, but think they might be more likely when the baby starts moving around the cot a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dangerd

Thanks Sillysocks, I was looking at that one in Smiths the other day and was wondering if it was any good. There are so many out there its hard to know which one to choose and if they are worth the extra cash.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

The Angelcare is definitely worth the money. Saw them in Tesco today for €89.
    If the baby sleeps in your room for a while at the start you can have the sensor mat on without the monitor part which is reassuring as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for monitors? Looking at getting one before the new arrival. Prices really vary for different models.

• Advertisement
Advertisement