DIT Aungier Street Directions,parking etc - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-02-2012, 22:26   #1
stingray12341

DIT Aungier Street Directions,parking etc

Hi all,

Im starting an evening course in DIT one night a week in Aungier Street very soon. Ill be travelling from Tipperary, can anybody tell me is there parking on the campus or nearby, also Is it possible to get the luas or bus into Aungier street or anywhere near it.

Ill be driving up on the M7 motorway, is there any luas stops on the way where I could leave my car. Red Cow etc Sorry for all the questions, Im not up around Dublin very often. Thanks guys
Advertisement
20-02-2012, 22:34   #2
Shifty

This might help you until someone with more specific info comes along:

http://www.dit.ie/campuslife/transport/
20-02-2012, 22:37   #3
stingray12341

Thanks very much shifty
20-02-2012, 23:28   #4
stingray12341

Can anyone tell me is it possible to use the park and ride option on the luas from the red cow to Aungier Street or anywhere near it ??
21-02-2012, 00:14   #5
CIARAN_BOYLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray12341 View Post
Can anyone tell me is it possible to use the park and ride option on the luas from the red cow to Aungier Street or anywhere near it ??
There is a luas stop in Stepens Green 2 minutes away but its the wrong line for you. Its a fair walk from the nearest stop to Aungier
Advertisement
21-02-2012, 00:33   #6
Grand_Rajnah
Mod

If you want to get the red luas, the closest stop to AST is Jervis. About a 15 min walk from one to the other, across the river, through templebar accross dame street and up George/Aungier street.

Another option is to drive in to the city centre and park in the St. Stephens Green / R.C.S.I. Car Park, and get your parking ticket validated in DIT.

Parking is only €1.50/hr up to a max of €5/day (think it may be cheaper after 6pm).

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Grand_Rajnah; 21-02-2012 at 10:23.
21-02-2012, 00:34   #7
Grand_Rajnah
Mod

Oh, sorry.

Car Park is a 2/3 min walk from AST
21-02-2012, 09:38   #8
The Volt

Definitely use the RCSI car park. If you validate your ticket at the Aungier St. front door then you get all day parking for €5. Avoid the street parking at all costs unless you want to pay through your teeth.
22-02-2012, 10:12   #9
acer911

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray12341 View Post
Hi all,

Im starting an evening course in DIT one night a week in Aungier Street very soon. Ill be travelling from Tipperary, can anybody tell me is there parking on the campus or nearby, also Is it possible to get the luas or bus into Aungier street or anywhere near it.

Ill be driving up on the M7 motorway, is there any luas stops on the way where I could leave my car. Red Cow etc Sorry for all the questions, Im not up around Dublin very often. Thanks guys

What time do you expect to be in Aungier street at? There is plenty of on-street parking right outside the college and you dont have to pay after 7....
Advertisement
05-03-2012, 00:02   #10
ted1

Parking in rsci is 2euro for the night after 5 regardless of how long you park. You validate your card in the college.
09-09-2012, 10:55   #11
voodoochile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_Rajnah View Post
If you want to get the red luas, the closest stop to AST is Jervis. About a 15 min walk from one to the other, across the river, through templebar accross dame street and up George/Aungier street.

Another option is to drive in to the city centre and park in the St. Stephens Green / R.C.S.I. Car Park, and get your parking ticket validated in DIT.

Parking is only €1.50/hr up to a max of €5/day (think it may be cheaper after 6pm).

Hope that helps.
Hi, sorry for digging up an old thread but I'm starting a course in Aungier St soon so I was just wondering if the 5 euro all day parking is still in operation (as this thread is a few months old). Does it matter which car park (RCSI or St Stephen's Green) is used? Also, what's the availability of spaces like day to day?

Sorry for the raft of questions but any guidance you could provide would be much appreciated.
09-09-2012, 20:26   #12
Grand_Rajnah
Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
Hi, sorry for digging up an old thread but I'm starting a course in Aungier St soon so I was just wondering if the 5 euro all day parking is still in operation (as this thread is a few months old). Does it matter which car park (RCSI or St Stephen's Green) is used? Also, what's the availability of spaces like day to day?

Sorry for the raft of questions but any guidance you could provide would be much appreciated.
Hey.

Yep, it's still valid. Doesn't matter whether is SSG or RCSI, it's actually the same car park, they join on the top, there's just two different entrances. Personally, I prefer the RCSI entrance, as it's less confusing, the SSG one is all over the shop!

I've never not gotten a space, but if you get there after 10/11 AM, you can expect to park on the 6th+ floor, but there's a lift, so all's good!
09-09-2012, 20:44   #13
voodoochile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_Rajnah View Post
Hey.

Yep, it's still valid. Doesn't matter whether is SSG or RCSI, it's actually the same car park, they join on the top, there's just two different entrances. Personally, I prefer the RCSI entrance, as it's less confusing, the SSG one is all over the shop!

I've never not gotten a space, but if you get there after 10/11 AM, you can expect to park on the 6th+ floor, but there's a lift, so all's good!
Thanks for the reply, I'll try to get there early so!
06-04-2014, 12:20   #14
stejay88

Hey sorry its a late post on this thread but does anyone know if this offer still exists for the car park in stephens green as i am starting in kevin street next week ?

cheers , thanks
06-04-2014, 15:27   #15
stephen812

AFAIK the offer is still running.

Here's a link with the prices: http://www.q-park.ie/students

There's some sort of a validation machine inside the main door of the Kevin Street building that you have to pop your ticket into before going back to collect your car.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion